It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminatus Trilogy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Famous, or infamous, book by Robert Anton Wilson, and Robert Shea.

Has anyone here read it (I am reading it)? Or familiar with R.A. Wilson, and his 'societal' connections?

The back cover jokingly claims that 'only parts [are] works of the imagination'.

If no one has read it, would any one be interested in me posting excerpts?
lol as soon as I saw the title I knew you were currently reading it.

I would say that many people here have read the book, although I am sure you will get varying opinions on it. Obviously the book has parts of it that are real.. I mean it is well known that the organizations mentioned exist.. whether or not they are of the nature that it states in the book is argueable.
If nothing else it is very entertaining and stimulates the reader to think outside the box.. and if it did nothing else that alone is worth the read.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Thank you.

He purposely mingles true history with the false, to make one assume it is all false, or alternatively exactly as he describes it.

Knew he was in OTO or something, I bet RA Wilson was more scared of something that had membership lists, than something that requires oaths!

I think it is safe to say the Illuminatus Trilogy is a crowning moment of Operation Mindf*ck.

Looking at this thread again, i think akilles is saying to look at the book from another angle.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I have heard RAW dabbled in the OTO in the late 60s and early 70s...

Isn't there still a faction that rebelled against Kenneth Grant that believes Wilson to be the true Outer Head.

"I always carry the card Grant's disloyal opposition sent me; it says 'The Bearer of This Card is a Genuine and Authorized Outer Head of the Ordo Templi Orientis, so PLEASE treat him right' and magically/anachronistically has the signature of Aleister Crowley - or of a skillful forger."- R.A. Wilson

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Beelzebubba]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join