It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Global Warming Swindle Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Currently about half way through this new doco and thought it was worth sharing here. Seems to be very well made, they interview a lot of top scientists and go quite deep into the facts and flaws behind the theory of man-made global warming. They explain quite thoroughly why all the evidence suggests temperature isn't driven by carbon dioxide levels.

edit on 3/9/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's another interesting lecture I came across some time ago. He does a great job of explaining how they come up with figures suggesting rapid global warming is occurring and why those figures are deceptive.

EDIT: also the idea that extreme weather increase due to global warming is easily proven false, if anything the numbers are falling.

Sources:

www.aoml.noaa.gov...
www.johnstonsarchive.net...
wattsupwiththat.com...
wattsupwiththat.com...
wattsupwiththat.com...
www.epa.gov...
fabiusmaximus.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Havent you heard ?
Al Gore is traveling around the world training activists
Not teaching folks , training activists
You trying to deny the man from having his group of Eco-terrorists ?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Getting ready to watch it now.

Thanks for sharing !

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

bookmark

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Havent you heard ?

Al needs his carbon credits protection money.....libtards....so gullible....

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was curious so I started watching. It appears like a propaganda style documentary so I wanted to fact check some data claims yet not much data presented so far.

One claim in the first 2 minutes is that the Earth in its history had 3x as much and even 10x as much CO2 as we do today.
This isn't true for the last 650,000 years according to this graph from NASA.

Nor 800kyrs according to this graph.

How about prior to 800Kyrs?

There is no single, agreed-upon answer to those questions as studies show a wide date range from between 800,000 to 15 million years ago.
Source-The Last Time CO2 Was This High, Humans Didn’t Exist
A tough question to answer?

For a 2009 study, published in the journal Science, scientists analyzed shells in deep sea sediments to estimate past CO2 levels, and found that CO2 levels have not been as high as they are now for at least the past 10 to 15 million years, during the Miocene epoch.
So where did this claim of 3x to 10x more CO2 come from?

Yet at a time when CO2 was as high or higher than today how was the temperature?

“This was a time when global temperatures were substantially warmer than today, and there was very little ice around anywhere on the planet. And so sea level was considerably higher — around 100 feet higher — than it is today,” said Pennsylvania State University climate scientist Michael Mann
A 100 foot rise in sea level might have a dramatic affect on human civilizations I would think, especially if it were in a short period of time. Overall I think that this claim is rather disingenuous. Sure CO2 levels were higher than today but by how much and when and how would our current civilization fair in such times?

Another claim was that an increase in temperature over history caused an increase in CO2 levels not the other way around. An interesting theory but is it true? They present a graph that seems to show this trend yet after this first claim I am skeptical.

At the 13 minute mark they claim as CO2 levels during the industrial revolution were increasing yet at the same time temperatures ware falling. After 40 years of increasing CO2 levels this temperature decrease reversed and started to raise again. There is unarguably a lag between CO2 and Temp. Did this CO2 increase cause this reversal in temp?

Here seems to be the crux of debunking global warming in the video. The data seems to show that temperature and CO2 levels follow each other but is one responsible for the other and in what order? I'm curious and I'll have to look for more data when I get the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

There is one thing missing from all of those graphs that is the deciding factor for some. FEAR!
Liberals tend to have smaller fear centers in their brains, which basically means they have a low fear IQ. For them it's either on or off. It's the same reason they are terrified of inanimate objects like guns.
The real problem is a defect like this isn't detectable by the sufferer. This means that arguing with a liberal is like arguing with a person who has red/green color blindness, and doesn't know it.

Normal person - "I say there are two different colors there."
Defective person - "You're wrong. You're making that up because you don't care about colors."
Normal person - "I'm just telling you the facts."
Defective person - "There is only one color you racist liar!"

You can show them data that proves them wrong, but they are incapable of realizing it, because their wee little fear center won't let them.

"If you want to control someone, all you have to do is to make them feel afraid.” ― Paulo Coelho

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The Earth is just inhaling and exhaling like a wave, up and down.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Very interesting and spot on docu with real facts.

They laid out basically what I have thought all the time. Human's have very little impact on the climate. It's the sun and vapor !
If co2 was affecting our climate, the upper atmosphere would be heating up at a faster rate than the surface. But , in fact, it's just the opposite.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
check mark

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju

Star just for the author. The Alchemist is my favorite book.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The truth about climate change, as always, lies somewhere in the middle. I personally believe that the Earth is going through a troubling climate change but I don't think the human race is a major part of it. I have read reports and magazine articles that talk about the planet going through natural cycles of climate change from extremes on both ends and maybe we are just going through another slow build to that.

(I should say I do believe we play some role but how much...I doubt it is that big).

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Anthropogenic global warming theory hinges on three things:

1) Humans are emitting CO2.
2) CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
3) Greenhouse gases redistribute energy in the atmosphere.

Which of these 3 is false?

Oh, right, did you know there are cameras that can see it, now?

The video in the OP mentions that the Earth would be uninhabitable without greenhouse gases, and that both CO2 and H2O are greenhouse gases - which are both quite true - about 15 minutes in.

Soon after, they've constructed a strawman where greenhouse gases should warm the atmosphere further away from the surface. In reality, greenhouse gases restrict the flow of energy away from the surface. Then, they destroy this strawman by accurately stating that it's warming near the surface faster than further up in the atmosphere.

Shocking! An increase in gases that redistribute warmth towards the surface warms the surface faster than the rest of the atmosphere!
What a farce - one no longer worth watching beyond that.
edit on 16Mon, 03 Sep 2018 16:58:27 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

They laid out basically what I have thought all the time. Human's have very little impact on the climate. It's the sun and vapor !
If co2 was affecting our climate, the upper atmosphere would be heating up at a faster rate than the surface. But , in fact, it's just the opposite.

There is absolutely no reason for the upper atmosphere to be heating up faster than the surface.

Why do you think this would be the case?

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Gothmog
Havent you heard ?

Al needs his carbon credits protection money.....libtards....so gullible....

What does Al Gore have to do with the reality of climate change?

He certainly didn't come up with the idea:
WH Memo 9/17/1969: "It is now pretty clearly agreed that the C02 content will rise 25% by 2000.”
edit on 16Mon, 03 Sep 2018 16:11:22 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

One claim in the first 2 minutes is that the Earth in its history had 3x as much and even 10x as much CO2 as we do today.
This isn't true for the last 650,000 years according to this graph from NASA.

I just watched the first 2 minutes again and the guy just makes a general statement, saying at times in the Earth's history it has been that high, which it apparently has.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

That video is a shocker. A camera that can see CO2, LOL FFS. If there is any doubt about human stupidity that video should clear up any confusion.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Anthropogenic global warming theory hinges on three things:

1) Humans are emitting CO2.
2) CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
3) Greenhouse gases redistribute energy in the atmosphere.

Which of these 3 is false?

4) Is it a potent enough greenhouse gas and do we emit enough of it to have a real impact?
5) Do we properly understand the mechanisms by which CO2 transfers heat to the atmosphere because our theories don't work.
6) How effective are the Earth's natural CO2 recycling mechanics, e.g. global greening and other more complex mechanisms.

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Groot

There is absolutely no reason for the upper atmosphere to be heating up faster than the surface.

Why do you think this would be the case?

Global warming. The extra carbon dioxide increases the greenhouse effect. More heat is trapped by the atmosphere.

Did you not watch the documentary ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join