It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of 42 Revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Lol I was the 42nd flagger of this post

Amazing read though!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There's a condominium in New York called ORION, and it's address is 350 W 42nd St.

MIND BLOWN

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

42 what ... ?

leolady

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Well you were decent on Kabbalistic tradition but clueless on were they got it from so all you've generally indicated is those who've been under the influence of Kabbalists and the Egyptians who were influenced by Mesopotamia, were of course the number as relating to 42 degree observation of rainbows is entirely dependent on their dividing the circle into 360 degrees, arbitrary on their part and not some cosmological constant,

Her brother the hero, youthful Utu, answered holy Inana: "My sister, I swear an oath by the life of heaven, I swear by the life of the rainbow of heaven, I swear by the life of my throne, by my majesty: I will follow what my sister says to me, I will follow what holy Inana says to me

If Venus wears the Sun's crown - she becomes very bright, Saturn stands in front of her

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96
Lol I was the 42nd flagger of this post

Amazing read though!

Hahah cool! I'm glad this many people enjoyed reading it!

There's a condominium in New York called ORION, and it's address is 350 W 42nd St. MIND BLOWN

Hahahaha didn't know about that, good find!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Madrusa

Well you were decent on Kabbalistic tradition but clueless on were they got it from so all you've generally indicated is those who've been under the influence of Kabbalists and the Egyptians who were influenced by Mesopotamia, were of course the number as relating to 42 degree observation of rainbows is entirely dependent on their dividing the circle into 360 degrees, arbitrary on their part and not some cosmological constant,

Almost all of my quotations were excerpts from the Wiki 42(number) page, and on there (and on the Rainbow wikis) it clearly gives links that reference the Mesopotamian information. I didn't feel a real need to copy literally everything and merely giving references was good enough that anyone curious to read would figure it out.

And you're wrong about 360 degrees being "arbitrary and not some cosmological constant":

One theory states that it is related to the fact that 360 is approximately the number of days in a year.[5] Ancient astronomers noticed that the sun, which follows through the ecliptic path over the course of the year, seems to advance in its path by approximately one degree each day. Some ancient calendars, such as the Persian calendar, used 360 days for a year. The use of a calendar with 360 days may be related to the use of sexagesimal numbers.

It goes on to explain chords of a circle, arc minutes, and that 360 has 24 divisors, allowing for 24 time zones and 24 hours. It then sums up the theories by saying:

Finally, it may be the case that more than one of these factors has come into play. According to that theory, the number is approximately 365 because of the apparent movement of the sun against the celestial sphere and that it was rounded to 360 for some of the mathematical reasons cited above.

So it's pretty clear that cosmological constants, like the rotation of the Earth around the Sun, almost certainly played a decisive role in the decision to divide a circle into 360 sections.

Degree (angle)

It then gives a conversion chart and explanation for how the system of radians measurement came about.
It also explains the system of grades and how although Napoleon abandoned the system, the French artillery still used it because it allowed for much more precise measurements than degrees.

So although yes, there are multiple systems that can be used to divide a circle, it is also true that it is believed the ancients chose 360 for various reasons, one of which was the constants found in basic astronomy.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Madrusa

What really is interesting is that the 42 hymns of Enheduanna date from exactly the same period that the Pyramid Texts of Unas (last ruler of the 5th dynasty) date to, which describe Ma'at.

That'd be mid 2300s BC.

The reason I put initial emphasis on the Kabbalistic traditions was because of it's relevance to today's culture and ideology (there are a lot of people educated in Kabbalah around these days) and because of it's very easy to understand methodology of explaining 42 as the source of creation of the universe. I specifically chose that.

There was plenty of symbolism around to pick from as well, and tons of books, all of which was very relevant.

If you notice I also left out the Hindu and Buddhist references. I didn't mention Islam, or even Isaiah 42 which is one of the most famous Bible quotes around the world.

I left out like 90% of my 42-related info because I didn't want to dig through it for days and then try to figure out how to insert it within a logical progression properly. It took me 3 days full time to craft what I did in the OP.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I'm pretty sure you'd love that 42 reference:

In Matthew 12, Isaiah 42:1-4 were cited as a fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecies in the life and work of Jesus Christ:

For Christians that is a critical citation explaining Life, the Universe, and Everything.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Oh and these too are interesting curiosities but less important in context:

The phrase 'little children' appears forty-two times in the Old Testament.

The tribe of Levi was given 48 cities as part of their inheritance in the land of milk and honey. Six of these cities were to be designated as special 'cities of refuge' (Numbers 6 - 7) leaving forty-two other cities.

King Ahaziah of Judah began his reign at 42 years old but was only on the throne one year (2Chronicles 22:2).

The children of Israel had 42 sojournings or wandering in the desert until they finally were given rest (Numbers 33:1 - 50).

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Great thread! I like how you connect the dots. So, what does it cost all Mean?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I went and did a simple Gematria search on "42":

War,
Odin,
Dawn,
Sin,
Rain,
Qabalah,
Math,
Hecate,
Female,
Lady,
Helel,
Chakra,
Gift,
Big Bang,
Lamp,
Rebel,
Bast,
A Joke (which is 666 in Jewish Gematria),
To Be,
Self,
Ben Ben,

Benben was the mound that arose from the primordial waters Nu upon which the creator deity Atum settled in the creation myth of the Heliopolitan form of ancient Egyptian religion. The Benben stone (also known as a pyramidion) is the top stone of the pyramid. It is also related to the Obelisk.
Atum is himself also referred to as Benben

Shahada,

the Muslim profession of faith (“there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”

Mecca is 42 in Jewish Gematria btw,
Kanaan,
Shadai (meaning God or the Almighty),
Hora,

Hora, any of several Western Classical goddesses, collectively Horae the Latin word for hour, or time

Akita 秋田 (funny because 秋 means time, period, or year like Hora also does above)

I skipped a lot of the names, like B H Obama and Saddam are both 42 as well as Alex, etc.
Use Gematrix it lists all 3 methods of calculation.

What I found amazing was that it literally said Big Bang = 42.
That's what made it worth posting. The others are pretty good correlations too.
edit on 9/4/2018 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

In Judaism, the number of the "Forty-Two Lettered Name" ascribed to God. Rab (or Rabhs), a 3rd-century source in the Talmud stated "The Forty-Two Lettered Name is entrusted only to him who is pious, meek, middle-aged, free from bad temper, sober, and not insistent on his rights". Maimonides felt that the original Talmudic Forty-Two Lettered Name was perhaps composed of several combined divine names. The apparently unpronouncable Tetragrammaton provides the backdrop from the Twelve-Lettered Name and the Forty-Two Lettered Name of the Talmud.

Well, it looks like the 42 lettered name was just something that man made up, specifically, Nehunya ben HaKanah...

Known as the 42-letter Name of God, the Ana b’Koach is a unique formula built of 42 letters written in seven sentences of six words each. Each of the seven sentences correspond to the seven days of the week, seven specific angels, and to a particular heavenly body. The letters that make up Ana b’Koach are encoded within the first 42 letters of the book of Genesis.

Who was Nehunya ben HaKanah...

Nehunya ben HaKanah[pronunciation?] (Hebrew: נחוניה בן הקנה‎ was a tanna of the 1st and 2nd centuries. It appears from Bava Batra 10b that Neḥunya was a contemporary, but not a pupil, of Johanan ben Zakai. He was the teacher of Ishmael ben Elisha. Neḥunya was rich and had a large retinue of servants; but he was distinguished for his meekness and forgiving nature, to which he attributed his attainment of great age (Megillah 28a); two short prayers composed by him exhibit the same qualities (Berakhot iv. 2; Jerusalem Talmud Berakhot iv. 2).

According to the statement of Rabbi Yochanan (Shevu'ot 26a), Neḥunya interpreted the entire Torah by the hermeneutic rule known as the "general and particular" ("kelal u-feraṭ"), which rule has also been adopted by his pupil Rabbi Ishmael as the eight of his 13 hermeneutic rules. Neḥunya is frequently mentioned in the Talmud; in Hullin 129b he is referred to as the antagonist of Eliezer and Joshua in regard to a halakhah (comp., however, Eduyot vi. 2). He said that the Pharaoh of the Exodus was rescued from the Red Sea, that he repented, that he afterward reigned in Nineveh, and that it was he who in the time of Jonah exhorted the inhabitants of Nineveh to repentance (Pirke De-Rabbi Eliezer xliii.).

In summary, Nehunya ben HaKanah was a heretic who created a code to create different meaning to that which was written.

kabbalah.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The phrase 'little children' appears forty-two times in the Old Testament.

The tribe of Levi was given 48 cities as part of their inheritance in the land of milk and honey. Six of these cities were to be designated as special 'cities of refuge' (Numbers 6 - 7) leaving forty-two other cities.

King Ahaziah of Judah began his reign at 42 years old but was only on the throne one year (2Chronicles 22:2).

The children of Israel had 42 sojournings or wandering in the desert until they finally were given rest (Numbers 33:1 - 50).

Let's play another numbers game...

The meaning of the number 7 in the Bible and how many times it appears...

The Meaning of Numbers: The Number 7

Used 735 times (54 times in the book of Revelation alone), the number 7 is the foundation of God's word. If we include with this count how many times 'sevenfold' (6) and 'seventh' (119) is used, our total jumps to 860 references.

Seven is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical and spiritual). It derives much of its meaning from being tied directly to God's creation of all things. According to some Jewish traditions, the creation of Adam occurred on September 26, 3760 B.C. (or the first day of Tishri, which is the seventh month on the Hebrew calendar). The word 'created' is used 7 times describing God's creative work (Genesis 1:1, 21, 27 three times; 2:3; 2:4). There are 7 days in a week and God's Sabbath is on the 7th day.

www.biblestudy.org...

According to the Bible, the number 6 represents man and the number 7 represents God.

What you have is 42. 4+2=6 (man)

See how that works?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Not really i can still divide a circle into as many degrees as i want, what is important is the fraction involved which is 7/60ths (x 6=42/360), so seven is the constant particularly when they're relating this to seven colours, the three primaries and secondaries and white, and seven planets/spiritual archetypes.

The 42nd Temple Hymn in Sumer was dedicated to the Shrine Eres (Eresh/Uruk) the House of Stars and the Goddess Nisaba patroness of scribes and correct measure, she would have insisted 7/60ths was the constant, and was associated with the seven reeds.

O house of stars, E-zagin-guna (House adorned with lapis lazuli), reaching into all lands, establishing ...... in the shrine, Eres! The primeval lords raise their heads to you every month

Nisaba, has brought divine powers from heaven and added to your divine powers.To the true woman who possesses exceeding wisdom, soothing ...... and opening the mouth, always consulting a tablet of lapis lazuli, giving advice to all lands, the true woman, born of the stylus reed, applies the measure to heaven and places the measuring-rope on the earth -- to Nisaba be praise!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

looks like judaism borrowed some philosophy notes from the Hindus.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Please don't make me recite Vogon poetry again.

"I yearn for thee, turn to page 76, for my glibbetbunghin is aching with glee and flooblewots entered my-' okay i'll stop there.

I think 42 was Douglas Adams' way of saying don't be fixated with the meaning of life because it's pointless, enjoy the life you have.

As the great Vogon philosopher once said 'A tree in a bush is forty ghosts eating a flambungle.'

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Okay...now you've got me reading the original work from sir. Isaac Newton without knowing the exact principles.....what a fun and exciting challenge this is!!!

Currently reading up on soap bubbles...

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoTue, 04 Sep 2018 14:26:36 -0500pm302620189 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wait....so am I to understand that the guy who wrote Alice in Wonderland knew the secret of the universe because he had 42 illustrations? Are you suggesting that because a gospel written in another fairy tale book declares that there are 42 generations from David to the mythical figure Jesus that the writer knew the secrets of the universe? Read another gospel in that same book and the number of generations is different.

Wait...but the Egyptians made the base of their Pyramid 42 degrees! They MUST have known something secret!

And....and....the rainbow is the secret of everything in the universe because its chakra has colors and because Maulder on a fictional tv show lives in apt 42!! BAM! Nobel Peace Prize...here I come lol.

I'm sorry dude, but this post sounds is just like all the Mars posts declaring that there are aliens in every rock.

People that lived thousands of years ago were NOT smarter than scientists living today. Not even close. They did not invent vaccinations, they did not fly to the moon...or anywhere else for that matter, they knew nothing about fission, fusion, surgery, advanced chemistry, or anything of any real value besides cursory mathematical equations that are now taught in grade school.

Having said all that....the odds that any one number holds the secret to the universe is so astronomical as to be virtually impossible. But I'm sure the response is that the Illuminati or Antarctic Nazis just don't wanna reveal it.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Yeah...no...I'm still pretty clueless as to where this is all leading but I'm leaning towards the way we perceive things revolves around the number 42. (Kind of like how pi is a constant 42 is also something big...)

Nobody is attacking modern science, we're trying to add to it ...relax.

Why not join in the fun and try and find the correlation between all the clues provided.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join