It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monroe County Sheriff: 3 horses, 2 dogs killed, possibly by ‘a large animal’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Time to call the A.I.M.S. Team and make a Mountain Monsters episode.

Definitely sounds like a Snallyghaster or maybe a Bloodless Howler. I recommend a trap made from a at least 75,000 board feet of freshly cut timber. Obviously we will need lots of pulleys and rope set way high in the trees. Probably use 55 gallon drums of rotten meat for bait.

//sarc off//

I have no clue what would do that.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Time to call the A.I.M.S. Team and make a Mountain Monsters episode.

Definitely sounds like a Snallyghaster or maybe a Bloodless Howler. I recommend a trap made from a at least 75,000 board feet of freshly cut timber. Obviously we will need lots of pulleys and rope set way high in the trees. Probably use 55 gallon drums of rotten meat for bait.

//sarc off//

I have no clue what would do that.

Hell ya ! Call in the mountain monsters team !

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I would like to add ( for my own amusement) that if an unknown Cryptid was behind the attacks it would be logical for officials to blame them on a more common large predator so as not to alarm the public as greatly!

As there were no details given as to injuries or evidence left at the scene its hard to say anything. Except to say, 3 horses and two dogs, one being a pit bull, is extremely unique. The fact that they had to call in a outside agency to determine cause of death is even more suspicious.

Most predators only kill what they need to, to survive. Even a pack of coyotes would only kill one at a time. If it were a pack kill, it would have to have been a very large pack. And that is something that would have stuck out.

Lacking physical evidence is not a reason to jump to "Cryptid", just yet. There is the possibility a angry neighbor with a grudge did them in with a syringe of poison. The dogs could have also been dispatched in a similar manner with baited food.

Again, have to wait on a toxicology report. If that comes back negative, then we need to know the injuries they suffered. One question I would like to know, were they devoid of blood? Were necks, ribs broken? And of course, were any of them partially eaten.

If they were not eaten, and no poison, and massive trauma, then start considering a angry Cryptid. They too, can be a angry neighbor!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Allow me to suggest reading threads before responding as you are basically formulating questions which have already been answered.

Live up to your name!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Excuse me? You are incorrect!
I was referring to the hair on my legs.
Pervert!

because she thinks that I am said Rougarou!

I thought that the Rougarou had hairy palms when in human form and was an old myth to tell them apart form "normal" humans?!?!
edit on 4-9-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gericolet

Allow me to suggest reading threads before responding as you are basically formulating questions which have already been answered.

Live up to your name!
I don't normally waist time responding to negative, arrogant comments, suggestions.

How would one respond in a positive way, you might wonder?

"All Seeing Eye, guess you didn't read the part about a pack of dogs doing the killing", then link the material. And I would have said, yea, I missed that part, had some serious domestic issues come up and had to cut the read short.

And I would have added, now that "Dog" material is available, I would have recounted the spat of deer killings in my area, less than 100 miles away from the kill area mentioned in Monroe CO. To which I have witnessed first hand a pack of large dogs killing for the fun of it. Even took shots at the dogs, which is perfectly legal around here.

They are not feral, they are neighborhood, pet dogs allowed to freely run loose. The ring leader of this pack lives about a 1/2 mile from my home. The pack broke up a few years back, and the ring leader still chases cars in front of his owners house.

So, might I suggest you find another way, more positive, in sharing your thoughts. I "See" you may have a ax to grind. I might suggest you find another more appropriate place to do that.

Good luck, in making a name, for yourself!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I thought that the Rougarou had hairy palms when in human form and was an old myth to tell them apart form "normal" humans?!?!

That was in the days before hair removal products. A true lady rougarou would never be seen with hairy palms! That would be in poor taste! However hairy legs can be covered by yoga pants.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a few hours south of me as well. owensboro waving hello

I know black bears have been spotted locally and southern Illinois has released cougars into the wild to control deer..don't have a clue what could have caused the attack?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Fair enough. You had something come up and couldn't finish the read before posting.

Don't take it too personal. I've seen this happen many times on this forum and unfortunately you are the one i decided to reply to but the message is for anyone who doesn't bother reading threads.

My intentions are positive. No hard feelings.

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

First reports said big cat- and they did find at least one bobcat print- but there were other prints that were not identifiable, so they were sent to someone with more expertise- who said it wasn't a big cat or canines. It was still undetermined as of last night exactly what attacked them and it was stated that the only way to investigate further was by doing a necropsy- at the property owner's expense ,of course. I doubt the property owner can afford such a thing so we will likely never know for sure.

If I were the property owner I wouldn't go outside without being armed, and I sure wouldn't let the grandkids play outside for a while!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe two horses were mating, and the third horse kicked em, a massive horse brawl ensued, then the dogs got involved, killing the horses, but sustained such horrific injuries from strong horse kicks they died too. All in the family kind of thing, no large predator needed.

?

I dunno. Strange. I did a bunch of research on Cougars for my book, and there are still people in these mountains that claim they never went extinct. A big enough one would be extremely powerful, and capable of destroying both the dogs and the horses. But this story is bizarre, either way. The big cougar could have taken out the dogs first, and I could see the dogs thinking they could take it (pack mentality), not really knowing what they were getting into. But then you have the problem of explaining why the cougar at that point would kill all three horses. Unless the horses had a pack mentality too, and tried to fight the beast. Bad move. After all that, the cougar (if it was one), probably had wounds and decided it was best it escaped alive.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For the latest info Three horses and dog attacked and killed in Monroe Co.

In the above link there is a video that shows the wounds blurred out. But even then, you can see one of the wounds is not what one might expect to find in a dog, or cat attack. The wound is rather large on the side of the neck, opening the neck to see all the internals. All the horses show damage in the same area of the neck. And it does not appear there was any flesh eaten! I sympathize with the Sheriff.

The latest statement:

According to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, the animals' wounds are inconsistent with a large predator attack. They say do not have conclusive answers as to what caused the attack at this time.

The edges of the wound, are rounded as if the flesh was pulled open. a "Claw" could not create this type of wound. And the absence of eaten flesh is evidence that this "Hunter" was not after flesh, and I would suspect, lacking the necropsy report, it was a blood meal, due to the wounds being on the side of the neck where the main arteries are.

Considering this is a "Conspiracy" site, we are at liberty to discuss such Ideas. The damage is not consistent with a big cat, or, a pack of dogs or wolves. It is consistent with a intelligent, blood sucker, but of what variety?

Undoubtedly, these horses were the target, the dogs were just a obstacle, unless they too showed the same type of damage, which I doubt they do. I'm not going to go with Cryptid just yet.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of a animal attack, when I haven't rules out humans yet.

How many think the horses were terrorized, before death? Could this be a "Satanic" ritual killing?? Whats the going rate for , adrenochrome on the satanic underground market? So they substitute horse blood, who would ever know??

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100

I know black bears have been spotted locally and southern Illinois has released cougars into the wild to control deer..don't have a clue what could have caused the attack?

Owensboro is 25 miles from me.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine
I would think claw marks would be evident. Very creepy. Big Foot?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100

In Louisville.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
For the latest info Three horses and dog attacked and killed in Monroe Co.

In the above link there is a video that shows the wounds blurred out. But even then, you can see one of the wounds is not what one might expect to find in a dog, or cat attack. The wound is rather large on the side of the neck, opening the neck to see all the internals. All the horses show damage in the same area of the neck. And it does not appear there was any flesh eaten! I sympathize with the Sheriff.

The latest statement:

According to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, the animals' wounds are inconsistent with a large predator attack. They say do not have conclusive answers as to what caused the attack at this time.

The edges of the wound, are rounded as if the flesh was pulled open. a "Claw" could not create this type of wound. And the absence of eaten flesh is evidence that this "Hunter" was not after flesh, and I would suspect, lacking the necropsy report, it was a blood meal, due to the wounds being on the side of the neck where the main arteries are.

Considering this is a "Conspiracy" site, we are at liberty to discuss such Ideas. The damage is not consistent with a big cat, or, a pack of dogs or wolves. It is consistent with a intelligent, blood sucker, but of what variety?

Undoubtedly, these horses were the target, the dogs were just a obstacle, unless they too showed the same type of damage, which I doubt they do. I'm not going to go with Cryptid just yet.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of a animal attack, when I haven't rules out humans yet.

How many think the horses were terrorized, before death? Could this be a "Satanic" ritual killing?? Whats the going rate for , adrenochrome on the satanic underground market? So they substitute horse blood, who would ever know??

Makes one wonder if some meth head tweeking because some kid of the owners owed them money and went on a rampage.

Keep search to see if there have been similar attacks and coming up with nothing.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting report on the incident.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
From the pics in the video and earlier news clip, Id say the likely hood of those being bullet wounds are extremely low. Not to mention the wounds around the throat are classic predatory animal attack throw in the "paw print" which was what looked like a large cat print. Some kind of cougar. But why would Kentucky wildlife sit on that info?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GrootIt boils down to either a "meth head" with a special pair of boots, or a unknown predator. Take your pick.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Could it be... that one of the dogs (sorry for you pit lovers out there) possibly “snapped” had a little too much play time with the little horses, the husky steps in to save the horses & gets taken out as well. One report said the pit-bull/boxer mix actually survived... just looking at available options (evidence on scene) before pulling in a mysterious third party attacker. If there’s already dog prints all around the property, they wouldn’t stand out as being from the guilty if your mind is made up to be searching for evidence that is from an external source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join