It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobbyist pleads guilty of steering foreign money to Trump inaugural

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, we can now add Patten to this list for the nothing-burger investigation:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: CB328
From your source

"It turned about to be this irrelevant indictment, where I think Mueller has turned out to be a private prosecutor," Giuliani said. "What does this have to do with President Trump? Not a single thing. It has nothing to do with collusion, some guy who donated to the inauguration? My goodness,they had 500,000 people donate to the inauguration -- every time they get a speeding ticket is Mueller going to do it?"

Pretty much sums up the whole thing

Says Giuliani.

That would be like believing the mob consigliere on statements about how the Don has committed no crime. You do realize that if obstruction of justice is found by the investigation, Giuliani is going down as accomplice, right along side the Don?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I did not see this posted here for some unimaginable reason, another person indicted by Mueller in the Russia probe for collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. He also failed to register a a foreign agent for Ukraine, sound familiar? It makes you wonder what the big connection is that so many people around Trump were involved in shady dealings in Ukraine. How did the Ukrainian government have so much money to pay all these people? Could they be a money laundering conduit between Russia and the West? Doesn't this invalidate Trump sayige there was no collusion with his campaign?

www.cnn.com...

The CNN article is not very clear on this transaction, nor is any other mainstream site for that matter. Thus I will link to telegraph who seems to be clear on the question no one is asking. Was it 50k USD or UAH? Telegraph says Ukrainian cash. If that is true we are talking about 1,800 USD.

www.telegraph.co.uk... news/2018/09/01/manafort-associate-admits-paying-trump-inauguration-50000-ukrainian/amp/
edit on 2-9-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

This does not invalidate Trump saying his campaign did not collude with Russians, unless these are members of the Trump campaign:

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO), Chairman
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

There is the 2017 joint committe on inaugural ceremonies.
edit on 2-9-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

I did not see this posted here for some unimaginable reason, another person indicted by Mueller in the Russia probe for collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. He also failed to register a a foreign agent for Ukraine, sound familiar? It makes you wonder what the big connection is that so many people around Trump were involved in shady dealings in Ukraine. How did the Ukrainian government have so much money to pay all these people? Could they be a money laundering conduit between Russia and the West? Doesn't this invalidate Trump sayige there was no collusion with his campaign?

www.cnn.com...

The CNN article is not very clear on this transaction, nor is any other mainstream site for that matter. Thus I will link to telegraph who seems to be clear on the question no one is asking. Was it 50k USD or UAH? Telegraph says Ukrainian cash. If that is true we are talking about 1,800 USD.

www.telegraph.co.uk... news/2018/09/01/manafort-associate-admits-paying-trump-inauguration-50000-ukrainian/amp/

This does not invalidate Trump saying his campaign did not collude with Russians, unless these are members of the Trump campaign:

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

It's marked as dollars in an American newspaper, otherwise they would mark it as foreign currency.

I just did a search and Trump sold inauguration tickets ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000. The lowest offering, $25k gets you two tickets. Given that the oligarch sought 4 tickets and paid $50k, it would mean he managed to buy the lowest level entry, times two, through a proxy.

The lowest-priced offering, at $25,000, gets you two tickets to the Inaugural Parade, an “entertainment-filled” Victory Reception, admission to the Inaugural Concert and Fireworks show and a black-tie ball. The next level, for $100,000 donors, will get you four tickets to those events — plus two tickets for “an intimate policy discussion and dinner” with select Cabinet appointees. A $250,000 check will get will get you all that plus admission for two to the Ladies Luncheon where you get to “meet the ladies of the first families.” But if you also want to attend the Candlelight Dinner with Trump and Pence, the price tag for admission for four is $500,000.

Yahoo

edit on 2-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Dude - this has nothing to do with Trump. What the blazes is the matter with you people?
Jeez.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Dude - this has nothing to do with Trump. What the blazes is the matter with you people?
Jeez.

I have a feeling you look at critical thinking skills as an issue, an obstacle.

And it is an obstacle, but only to fanaticism and sycophancy.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Patterns of behavior - prove 'intent'.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

www.cnn.com...

Patterns of behavior - prove 'intent'.

So Hillary did intend to give the Chinese her emails?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Can you please point out the direct link to Trump for me? I'm not finding a direct link to Trump or his team.

Honestly, it sound more like ticket scalping than collusion.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Arnie123

Please answer the question. Trump is surrounded by folks who illegally handle Russian money. He received loans from Deutsche Bank under suspicious circumstances. His son met secretly with Russian agents and lied about it. Are you okay with all that? If so, why?

You haven't quite understood that no one is going to care except those who already hate Trump - UNLESS people like yourselves end the double standard. Trump certainly is surrounded by criminals as is every other politician. The money flows illegally there and until EVERY illegal act is treated the same, you won't get any sympathy with your constant crying.

The most hilarious thing is that you must think that the lobbyists supporting other candidates are clean.

So, either be objective or get used to pi**ing in the wind (the direction of which is heavily towards you).

To be fair, I would have thought you'd be so embarrassed about pushing the comical Trump / Russia collusion for so long, you'd have become a little more introspective. Apparently not.

This particular story is just another in a long line of stories that have zero to do with Trump or the election. You say this lobbyist was in "Trump's orbit". What does that even mean? Did they even know each other? Embarrassing.

You nailed it pretty well but I could even think of 3 other angles people would be ok with it or know or think even the question is construed. It's weird how many times you can be wrong and still not at least change your angle. Agreed what does Trumps orbit even mean and most of Washington has criminality and violations in their track record. That said you would have to or should have to prove or have probable cause to even start a investigation. Anyone in Trumps orbit I guess automatically got probable caused here.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Jeez.

Why were yhey so eager to attend that they had a Trump associate commit a crime to help them attend?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Agreed what does Trumps orbit even mean

Imagine a Venn diagram. One circle represents Russian intelligence. Another circle represents Russian organized crime. Yet another represents Russian "businessmen" who owe their wealth to Vladimir Putin. There is a very large overlap between these circles, and in the middle of it sits Donald J Trump, failed real estate tycoon.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: drewlander

www.cnn.com...

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

It's marked as dollars in an American newspaper, otherwise they would mark it as foreign currency.

I just did a search and Trump sold inauguration tickets ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000. The lowest offering, $25k gets you two tickets. Given that the oligarch sought 4 tickets and paid $50k, it would mean he managed to buy the lowest level entry, times two, through a proxy.

The lowest-priced offering, at $25,000, gets you two tickets to the Inaugural Parade, an “entertainment-filled” Victory Reception, admission to the Inaugural Concert and Fireworks show and a black-tie ball. The next level, for $100,000 donors, will get you four tickets to those events — plus two tickets for “an intimate policy discussion and dinner” with select Cabinet appointees. A $250,000 check will get will get you all that plus admission for two to the Ladies Luncheon where you get to “meet the ladies of the first families.” But if you also want to attend the Candlelight Dinner with Trump and Pence, the price tag for admission for four is $500,000.

Yahoo

Fair enough, but I fail to believe Trump sold any tickets personally. A lobbyist did. Perhaps we should scrutinize lobbyists a little harder?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
May I ask a simple question on this topic?

If these illegally purchased tickets were for attending the newly elected president's inaugural event, how exactly did it influence the campaign or votes that were already cast and tallied?

I mean at this point, he was already elected president, so other than the felony charge that this lobbyist allegedly committed (he has not been tried yet for this charge, so he is still innocent and must be declared as allegedly guilty) how did this act change or influence the election at all?

This is curious to me how someone can claim this is part of an investigation of collusion during an election process when it happened AFTER the election was over.

Hmmm....

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If these illegally purchased tickets were for attending the newly elected president's inaugural event, how exactly did it influence the campaign or votes that were already cast and tallied?

That is not the issue. Why would they be so eager to attend if they did not have "a dog in the fight?"

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That is not the issue. Why would they be so eager to attend if they did not have "a dog in the fight?"

You are aware that Donald Trump was famous prior to running for president, right? It is plausible that they, like many others, wanted to attend the event in order to be present at an historic event of a famous businessman and TV star being elected to the highest office in our country.

After all, why do people go to the theater? Do they too have "a dog in the fight"?

I guess those Russians that paid former president Bill Clinton literally millions of dollars to speak at their venue must have had "a dog in the fight" during the election too then?

Perhaps in your world of Russians hiding under every bed you must be suspicious of everyone's actions......except those of your own "kind" I guess, comrade.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You are aware that Donald Trump was famous prior to running for president, right? It is plausible that they, like many others, wanted to attend the event in order to be present at an historic event of a famous businessman and TV star being elected to the highest office in our country.

What is so special about another old white guy becoming president? The only thing historic about this presidency is how blatantly corrupt it is and how it will eventually go down with impeachment.

Here is something to consider: one of the many ways that espionage uses the same techniques as organized crime is to lead potential assets into committing crimes for the benefit of their future patron. Patten had access to Congressmen and members of the administration. By getting him to launder money, they had a crime they could use to blackmail him into further criminal activity. Patten wisely chose to "turn," so as to protect himself from potential future charges. (He knows just how sketchy some of his clients are.)
edit on 3-9-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join