It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military to cancel $300m in Pakistan aid over terror groups

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
[Quote]
The US military says it is cancelling $300m (£230m) in aid to Pakistan over what it calls Islamabad's failure to take action against militant groups.

President Donald Trump has previously accused Pakistan of deceiving the US while receiving billions of dollars.

Pentagon spokesman Lt Col Koné Faulkner said the US military would aim to spend the money on other "urgent priorities".

The move, which needs to be approved by US Congress, is part of a broader suspension announced in January.

The US state department has criticised Pakistan, a key ally, for failing to deal with terrorist networks operating on its soil, including the Haqqani network and the Afghan Taliban.

I don't normally have a lot of good things to say about trump, but good for him.

Aid should not be sent to country's rich enough to afford there own nuclear weapons, especially ones that support terrorism.

Wish the UK had the nerve to can aid to China, India and Pakistan!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

What comes first...

The defence of the realm or the caring of it's citizens?

I can't blame Pakistan for acquiring nuclear weapons just as I can't blame Israel for acquiring them.

Which naturally leads me to the conclusion of aid... And supporting and/or the allowing of terrorism and the enabling of human rights abuses.

I'll just leave it at that and say good on the US, the world IS black and white and association makes you guilty.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Little late buddy...under an internets rock?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Pakistan was double dealing. They would get money from the USA by saying that they had the terrorists under surveillance and they just needed a bit more cash in order to continue funding the mission. Then they are paying the terrorists not to bomb them and give them tip offs when there are raids. Then the Pakistani's get furious when the USA sends in special forces to get Osama Bin Laden themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I personally feel this was a great move by D.T

You want to play both sides? and still expect handouts while your people harbor terrorists.
Nope! Not on Donnies watch!
Perhaps the Paks will ask their various terrorist friends for loot.
See where that gets em.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Detroit could use that money, America first!! To hell with the Middle East cavemen and there jihad!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well, I guess that is a start. Probably meaningless, but a start. Now how about the rest of it? How about the arms we are supplying to saudi arabia that are being used to massacre innocents in yemen? How about the billions we are giving the tribe for them to continue gobbling up the land of others?

How many times have we sought regime changes in sovereign countries? Does anyone still believe that ISIS and the so called 'terrorists' attacking syria were not our creations?

my god, our hypocrisy knows no bounds.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I cant believe we ever gave Pakistan aid, and frankly most aid we do give to foreign countries, would be better spent right here at home.

Maybe that Anwan fella that Wasserman Schultz was paying to do IT for her and the DNC on our dime can pick up the tab...since some paid off stooge let the cretin go with mountains of evidence against him.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The moment Imran Khan got control of Pakistan it was like..................... Is he going to bat for both sides?

Of all the races exising in Pakistan and Afghanistan the Pathan tribes appear to be the real troublemakers and Khan is one of them. How can the leader be trusted if he is from the biggest single troublesome group existing in both those states?

My mates a Kashmiri (originally from Pakistan) and he reckons Pathans are a total nightmare for the region. He told me about them being the main fighters against the Russians and then the American and Brits. He made me laugh when he said when they've got no external enemy to fight then they start fighting amongst themselves, he reckons they just can't help it lol it's in them to fight

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I cant believe we ever gave Pakistan aid, and frankly most aid we do give to foreign countries, would be better spent right here at home.

+1
totally shocked that they get that kind of money from us

maybe they can use some of that to make sure Social Security is solvent

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Detroit could use that money, America first!! To hell with the Middle East cavemen and there jihad!

Yeah, maybe we could get Flint some potable drinking water that's not out of a bottle.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: BlueJacket

+1
totally shocked that they get that kind of money from us

maybe they can use some of that to make sure Social Security is solvent

It's blood money. It won't be used in the US. Surprise - some other country gets to be bombed.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

We shouldn't be giving Pakistan money anyway. They should take back Imran Awan and his family too. Send him back!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The world is not black and white most of the time Ray. In certain instances yes. Pakistans been a thorn in our sides for a long time. screw em.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hold on a second. The US Military is cancelling its foreign aid?? Since when is the military in the business of giving foreign aid? Who authorized this aid in the first place? Was this in the Defense budget? Who else is the military giving aid to?

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Britain give 100 million pounds to India the same amount as there space program go figure

link   

Britain give 100 million pounds to India the same amount as there space program go figure

link   

link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join