It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP my friend Shoti.

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We lost our old cat today. Her name was Shoti. She was an outside cat for seventeen years and came inside when her husband died over three years ago. She was over twenty one years old, we really bonded when she came inside, I guess she wanted someone to replace her old man Kashi when he died so she latched on to me.

She has been in pretty bad shape for three months or so and she got really bad about a week ago. I was able to help her keep going till she could not eat solid food anymore, her digestive system went down about a week or so ago. I feel relieved that she is no longer suffering. I could not bring her to the vet to have her put to sleep, I allowed myself to get too attached to her to do that. I am glad I did not do that, the last week with her taking care of her was irreplaceable. The wife and I sure got attached to her over the years. I guess getting older and seeing your friends die is getting to me. Just because she was a cat does not mean she could not be a real friend. She is in the freezer now, the funeral will be next week, the granddaughter will be coming to help me build an oak coffin complete with all the bells and whistles. AFter she is in the ground, we will make three or four more coffins to have them ready for other pets in our family.

She was a sweet cat, very loving, not like any other cat I have ever had. I suppose she appreciated us taking her in when her old man died. Inside was like heaven to her, no cold winter nights and not many bugs to bother her.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Many of us understand...
You were Her whole life. condolences..

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sounds like she was lucky to have had you as a friend.

It's hard to say goodbye.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am So sorry to hear this . Our pets are our family and it really hurts when we lose one. Each furbaby has its own personality as you can not ever replace them . But just know she loved you and you gave her a life of love. .

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yes that is hard when that happens. Condolences.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's gut wrenching to lose a pet. They are family.

So sorry for your loss Hun!

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So sorry to hear this.
We lost our dog Loki last month, then my daughter lost her cat Morris 3 days after him.
Its truely a heartbreaking experience seeing an animal in pain.
But damn man, 21 years. Now that cat is lived a longer life than a lot of people!
You can be happy knowing you gave her a great life, did the best you could for her, and her age proves that.

I still cry over Loki, my wife even got a tattoo last night with his name and a paw print.
He was a major part of our lives.
So I know the pain your going through.

RIP Shoti
edit on 2-9-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss. Last year I lost my 20 year old cat. It is really hard and a major loss. My animal companions are my best and dearest friends.

The one thing that is consoling is that she had a long and fulfilling life. It is quite remarkable that a cat that spent so much time outside lived as long as she did.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

RIP Shoti.

Always sad to lose a friend, no matter how many legs he/she has. Condolences and warm wishes to you and yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My two daughters and granddaughter are very aware that animals live a long time here. My granddaughter wants to load us up with animals because she feels they will have a good life with us. But we won't be having too many more animals, we are getting old and worry what will happen to them after we die. We do not know our future long term, it is not like we are in our thirties anymore. A kitten will live twenty plus years, we probably will not be able to care for them that long. We do not want it going to the humane society after we die. We do not want to have our cat die in ten years either.

Maybe when the rest of cats we have die we will start to bounce around the country with the Senior Center people so we don't have to worry about driving. They go to Italy and Finland and the UK or france occasionally. I have no interest in going to Washington DC with them, it would be like going check out criminals in a Prison. I would rather be stuck at home with the animals then go there.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.

Losing a beloved pet is no less of a loss than that of humans....and in many cases, the pain is worse.
Our furkids can love us in a way humans often do not!

Seems like Shoti came to you for comfort, and you both benefited.
You made her final years good!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am sorry. May all good memories you had together always bring you joy.

top topics

join