It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s week of fiction: trade, Google, polls

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Haven't done one of these in a while, not because they stopped coming out (they come out regularly), but because pretty much everyone here agreed that Trump was indeed a liar. Some are ok with that fact after admitting it and continue to believe those statements they very well know are lies and others don't. I'm not here to judge personal values and preferences -- to each his own.

It is, however, important to know the facts because -- well, disinformation sucks.

On the border wall, this Tuesday:

TRUMP: “The wall will be paid for very easily by Mexico. It will ultimately be paid for by Mexico.” — remarks Tuesday.

THE FACTS: Not according to Mexico. Immediately after Trump’s remarks, Mexican Foreign Minister Luis Videgaray tweeted to stress, once again, that his country won’t foot the bill for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Videgaray wrote that his country has been “absolutely clear” that Mexico “will NEVER pay for a wall.”

On the Clinton server being hacked by China, also Tuesday:

TRUMP: “Report just out: ‘China hacked Hillary Clinton’s private Email Server.’ — tweet Tuesday.

TRUMP: “Hillary Clinton’s Emails, many of which are Classified Information, got hacked by China. Next move better be by the FBI & DOJ or, after all of their other missteps (Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Ohr, FISA, Dirty Dossier etc.), their credibility will be forever gone!” — tweet Wednesday.

THE FACTS: Trump’s own law enforcement agencies dispute that.

Trump appears to be citing a story by the right-leaning Daily Caller publication, which reported that a Chinese-owned company in Washington, D.C., area hacked Clinton’s email server.

But FBI and Justice Department officials have said publicly that there was no evidence Clinton’s server was hacked by a foreign power.

[more in the link]

On polls favoring him:

TRUMP: “Over 90% approval rating for your all time favorite (I hope) President within the Republican Party and 52% overall. This despite all of the made up stories by the Fake News Media trying endlessly to make me look as bad and evil as possible. Look at the real villains please!” — tweet Sunday.

THE FACTS: He’s wrong in regard to polls citing his overall job ratings.

The Associated Press couldn’t find any evidence of a recent poll that put Trump’s approval at 52 percent, and the White House and his re-election campaign didn’t respond to requests for specifics.

Polls are a snapshot of public opinion at the moment they are taken. Job approval can — and has in recent history — vary during a president’s term.

Since his inauguration, however, Trump’s job approval has been remarkably consistent, in the high 30s and low 40s, in polls from various media organizations and other pollsters.

[more in the link]

Associated Press

More inside on trade agreements, Google and Russia investigation.

As always, fact check everyone and believe no one, even the fact checkers -- so I invite everyone to help fact check these fact checks and see if anything is incorrect. Proof needs to be researched and posted with links for confirmation. All opinions are valid, and everyone is entitled to one -- however, they are not facts and cannot be treated as such.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Strategy Strategy

Working

Shiver Me Timbers

💥😎💥

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Strategy Strategy

Working

Shiver Me Timbers

💥😎💥

I'm glad you brought up the Strategy, once again. Will you take this opportunity to once and for all describe and explain what this mythical creature is?

Or are you saying lying is a strategy?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Lying is such a dirty word.

We like to call it 4d chess.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well done, and we'll referenced. Trump's makes up his own truths. Sad...as he would put it...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Strategy Strategy

Working

Shiver Me Timbers

💥😎💥

I'm glad you brought up the Strategy, once again. Will you take this opportunity to once and for all describe and explain what this mythical creature is?

Leftist - check
Does not know what strategy is - check
Thinks lying is a strategy - check (certainly the case for the Clintons and their "foundation" they used to rape Haiti...)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Lying is such a dirty word.

We like to call it 4d chess.

hehe I know, but I prefer to call it for what it is. The news outlets are starting to as well and they've been careful not to so far -- I haven't been that careful.

They prefer to say misspoke, misled, avoided the truth and whatever else, but over the last 10 days I've caught a couple of 'lies' in there.

I know the word isn't prime choice to get stars and flags, but I choose not to sugar coat things.

Besides, if anyone believes the President lies and says that they are ok with that, the word 'lie' should be of least concern.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Kharron

Strategy Strategy

Working

Shiver Me Timbers

💥😎💥

Leftist - check
Does not know what strategy is - check
Thinks lying is a strategy - check (certainly the case for the Clintons and their "foundation" they used to rape Haiti...)

Awesome, I'll ask you then since Xuen's track record tells me 100% that he won't come back and explain what he meant.

What is the Strategy? Explain this term that is brought up in nearly every thread when one does not know how to reply otherwise.

Please and thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why? Who cares?

How is this affecting your life? Is this all over main stream news too?

Probably on the Huffpo, let me go check.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I seriously doubt if Donald Trump knows how to play regular chess.

(Even though he would say, if asked, he was the best chess champion EVER!!)

Po old thang.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Confucius Say

"Let the Stew Simmer"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

and i seriously doubt if i ask donald trump if he likes playing chess he would say: "i'm not a musician, but i listen a lot of jazz! neil armstrong with his trumpet! love it!"

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Confucius Say

"Let the Stew Simmer"

You sure that wasn't Martha Stewart?
j/k

Back to topic: Page 1 almost done.

Fact Check 8 - 0 Trump

Can we make page 2 more interesting with some research or debunking, please?

edit on 1-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I seriously doubt if Donald Trump knows how to play regular chess.

His critics sure don't.

All they know how to do is play checkers going king me.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

A Progressive uses Associated Press as a serious link.. check

Meanwhile...

Economy better... check.

Record unemployment levels... check.

Record stock market highs... check.

Record tax receipts for the government since tax plan... check.

Highest consumer confidence levels since 2000... check.

Proof that google skews the news... check

Google Trump immigration search

Dogpile Trump immigration search

Proof that Trump Derangement Syndrome exists... check

Please keep posting... the midterms are coming.

And in case you are bewildered at the results after, let me quote one of your deities...

"It's the economy stupid"

edit on 1-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Don't forget record support among the black community.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I love how you include lies by him when it's him telling the truth. The Chinese did have her, the FBI counter was intentionally deceptive, they carefully worded a true statement to lead people to a false belief the FBI knows is untrue.

In his overnight statement, Gohmert argued it was the ICIG -- not the FBI -- that discovered the breach. He said the FBI conveniently omitted that detail.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Oh, there are tons more I could put there.. I just went with the economic numbers.

What the left seems to be missing is 3 things.

1./ The more you scream and howl at the sky and then spend EVERY WAKING HOUR trying to tear the guy, his company and his family down, the more the average American will get sick of it and vote for him because of it. The left is literally making him the underdog. They might as well campaign for him.

2./ Nobody but the left gives a rat's ass about who he sleeps with, what he looks like and his Twitter usage. The rest of us want results, which he is delivering. My paycheck is better, my business is better, my friends and family are doing better. The left is running this campaign on making that go away.

3./ Most Americans have now figured out that the media is but the PR organ of the left and don't like it one bit. The left is going to pay and keep paying for that, because the average American feels betrayed by their press. How the left and the media is going to pay for that is at the ballot box. After all, a big part of that is why Trump is now President.

edit on 1-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Oh, there are tons more I could put there.. I just went with the economic numbers.

What the left seems to be missing is 3 things.

1./ The more you scream and howl at the sky and then spend EVERY WAKING HOUR trying to tear the guy, his company and his family down, the more the average American will get sick of it and vote for him because of it. The left is literally making him the underdog. They might as well campaign for him.

2./ Nobody but the left gives a rat's ass about who he sleeps with, what he looks like and his Twitter usage. The rest of us want results, which he is delivering. My paycheck is better, my business is better, my friends and family are doing better. The left is running this campaign on making that go away.

3./ Most Americans have now figured out that the media is but the PR organ of the left and don't like it one bit. The left is going to pay and keep paying for that, because the average American feels betrayed by their press. How the left and the media is going to pay for that is at the ballot box.

100% agree.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Still no facts posted above have been debunked. But that is expected... it takes more than opinions to debunk AP.

I'll check back tomorrow and see if anyone was able to refute any of the fact checks.

Thank you all for reading and commenting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join