It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Health Insurance Charged $109k After Heart Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes we pay tax just the same as you.

However ours pays for free Healthcare and not bombs and bullets. I know which one i would rather have.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This has been going on for years. Since the 80s or before. Who knows how long its been going on. I have said this before that my uncle was in the hospital and they charged him 125 dollars twice for one small kleenex in the plastic package and toothbrush and paste. He reported it to the Medicare and they did nothing. If they fix the system then they would be out of a job I figure. There are all kinds of horror stories out there.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So Britain doesnt buy bombs and bullets?
And you pay much higher taxes for your free healthcare.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So Britain doesnt buy bombs and bullets?
And you pay much higher taxes for your free healthcare.

Here are the tax rates for both our countries. More or less on par with each other.

www.gov.uk...

www.moneychimp.com...

However you pay tax even if you are only earning $9,500 . We don't pay tax until we reach £11,850 earnings.

We we buy bombs and bullets, but at a fraction of what you buy.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yeah ok..

www.google.com...

You only posted income tax.
You left out sales tax.
Vat tax.
TV tax

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'm not saying your system is bad or that ours is better but your sure ain't free.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Sales Tax and VAT are one and the same thing.

VAT is not charged on everything. Certain items i.e. food, clothing , non prescription medicines etc are tax exempt.

As for TV it is not a tax. It's the cost of a licence. When you are a pensioner you don't pay for it anyway. I bet you have to pay for a gun licence right ?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
$20,000 for a stent...
Insanity.
Thank eff for Canada.
My mother went in 3 weeks ago for an emergency stent. Didn’t cost a dime.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I paid once for a lifetime concealed carry permit.
But we dont pay or need a license to own a gun.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How much a year did he pay in taxes for health care? For how many years?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If only the House and Senate would remove all aspects of Obamacare.

If only the government didn't mandate prices for Medicare and insurance reimbursements.

But I'm sure your solution is to get government even more involved.

That's the MO of government. They get involved, mess sh*t up, then say hey, let us fix it! Time to tell them to just get the hell out of our lives

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Republicans keep bringing this up, Democrats don't want to hear it. Hospitals charge whatever they feel like charging and you won't know until after the procedure.

It's like going to a restaurant and every restaurant refuses to give prices and they vary day to day and customer to customer.

Health care is not a partisan issue .

The hell it isn't. 2012: Paul Ryan wants to throw grandma over the cliff for suggesting medicare/medicade reform.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Sales Tax and VAT are one and the same thing.

VAT is not charged on everything. Certain items i.e. food, clothing , non prescription medicines etc are tax exempt.

As for TV it is not a tax. It's the cost of a licence. When you are a pensioner you don't pay for it anyway. I bet you have to pay for a gun licence right ?

Vat is only applied to "non-healthy" foods correct?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Took one look at the bill and died of a heart attack. Mission accomplished.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Your savior Obama told us all that when Obamacare passed that would cause health insurance to go down. You don't get to have Obama pass a law and then blame the other side for the consequences man

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How much a year did he pay in taxes for health care? For how many years?

You and i both pay tax ( i would assume )

It is what that tax is spent on which is the issue. We in The U.K. say the Health Service should be funded through tax.

However, for example if a person is born handicapped and he or she in never able to work throughout their life, therefore never paying tax, their medical costs throughout their life are provided completely free of charge.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yes we pay tax just the same as you.

However ours pays for free Healthcare and not bombs and bullets. I know which one i would rather have.

1. If someone has to pay for it, it isn't free.

2. It's a good thing someone had bombs and bullets when Hitler came along, isn't it?

3. At the end of the day, you people are going to end up bickering over who is paying for what and who is being lazy and stupid and irresponsible just like the people in every other country ever have. Give it time and that house of cards will come down on you.

You see. Eventually when you have a million people who pay nothing and you have half a million people who pay a lot and those people are paying the bills of the people who are paying nothing, they're going to notice. Sooner or later there's gonna be trouble.

edit on 6-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I didn't ask if you paid taxes I asked how much. The fact you admit it's paid by taxes means it's not free.

It's nice not having to worry about bombs because you have Uncle Sam doing it for you.

What do you think happens to your military budget if America lowered our spending protecting Europe?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You sound a very " Bitter Person"

I suppose having to pay horrendous costs for you health care over there causes such bitterness.

On a serious note, i have already explained that someone born with a severe disability who can never work or pay tax, still has their health care free of charge.

Do you not understand this?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Sorry sounds like you're projecting because healthcare costs me very little I spend about 3% of my income on health expenses.

How much of your taxes do you pay again?

It's not free, someone is paying it. Do you not understand this?
edit on 6-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join