It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests 5 from New Mexico Compound on Firearms Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

The FBI arrested five former residents of a ramshackle compound in New Mexico on firearms and conspiracy charges as local prosecutors dropped charges in the death of a 3-year-old boy at the property.

They do not feel that new mexico's speedy justice system gives them enough time to form a prosecution case against the group so they call in the feds. Maybe the fbi has more info they can use to form the case against the group than the state has come up with. The move clearly shows the 10 day evidence period is not enough time to form a case. That really does not completely add up to me but i am not privy to all the info.

The FBI on Friday arrested five former residents of a ramshackle compound in New Mexico on firearms and conspiracy charges as local prosecutors dropped charges in the death of a 3-year-old boy at the property.
Someone seems to have givin the travel trailer a name...So they drop the murder charges at the state level and choose to once again get the three that had child neglect charges against them dropped in favor of conspiracy charges. Seems far fetched move to me.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Albuquerque said compound resident Jany Leveille has been charged with being an alien unlawfully in possession of firearms and ammunition.

Maybe they have a case against these people but this sounds like tactics instead of justice. If they are guilty then let it be but if not then the feds have a new political football.

enjoy

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wait people were mad that they weren't being charged, now they're mad that they are being charged? Make up your minds.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wasn't one or two here illegally? Don't think illegals can have guns.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I am not mad either way.

I do question the shift from child endangerment concerns to weapons charges. The state never seemed concerned with the weapons but the feds will try and tie all 5 to possession of one gun.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And you're ok with dropping the charges for killing a child, as long as they get them for guns?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Wasn't one or two here illegally? Don't think illegals can have guns.

According to these charges neither can anyone else in a home that an paperless immigrant lives.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The whole thing reeks of a cover up. Not one story I've heard about this camp, the people in it, or the authorities involved with it has passed the sniff test

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

And you're ok with dropping the charges for killing a child, as long as they get them for guns?

According to the reporting the fbi hopes later this month a grand jury will indict them.

Seems far fetched to me if the story is true that one man took the boy to a park where he died of a seizure and ritual. The others seemed to not be involved with the death just as the others did not possess firearms but lived in a home where a paperless immigrant lived in possession of a gun.

I think the state can step in later and bring charges again so all this seems like folks all trying to inject their tactics onto the justice system.

It is gonna be a long one.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

New Mexico's system, judicial system, has been broken a while. Corruption is rampant in the State, I lived there for a period and it was a common joke about the license plates "land of enchantment", vernacular laughs which used "land of entrapment"

Liberal, broke but pay into the system is a rule. Unemployment rates are very high, industry left, drugs and gangs are more than prevalent.....look into it.

Mg
edit on 1-9-2018 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2018 by missed_gear because: Spelling

top topics

join