It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Man movie omits planting of the flag?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm telling you their decision was about removing America from the achievement. Maybe you felt more patriotic, but their stated reason was because they wanted this to be thought of as a human achievement not an American one. In reality it's both and that should be the goal.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So much triggering. The movie isn't about the space race, it's about Armstrong.

Forgot your Patriot Booster pill this morning? F# Armstrong, the movie is a waste without the flag on the moon. No flag scene, no point, didn't you hear that yet? It's about a decoration on the moon, not a man, geez. Nobody cares about the man.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Pretty sure we care about the man not the PC movie that stated they wanted to not make this an American achievement.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Pretty sure we care about the man not the PC movie that stated they wanted to not make this an American achievement.

Totally fooled me with all the pearl clutching over the flag scene. You've quite literally made an inanimate object more important than the man, who IS the focus of the film.
edit on 9/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You're conflating the movie with the man, you do know there's a difference right?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not going to disagree with that but it happened and it's history.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Totally fooled me with all the pearl clutching over the flag scene. You've quite literally made an inanimate object more important than the man, who IS the focus of the film.

Counter argument would be, did hollywood make it excluding the flag because # America? I think so. You say it's about the man. The man that planted that flag on the moon. HE did it so why leave it out of his history? Oh yeah.. Because it transcends an American in America who planted an American flag on the American moon! (We were there first, it's ours. Put that in your pipe and smoke it).

He was a "hero" because he was the first man on the moon. Did the movie show the first footprint? Well why not the flag? That was an equal hugely important factor for that landing.

- We made it to the moon
- First man on the moon
- First footprint on the moon
- First flag on the moon

All factors that were important that MADE HIM a "hero" enough for hollywood to make a movie about him.

'Merica' First Foo!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

They admitted they removed it because they wanted it to be about a global achievement not an American one. That was their reason they gave.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The scene should be "He pounds the flag into the ground, then takes his helmet off for a picture beside it, while holding his breath"

Whilst the director yells "cut!"

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

...but their stated reason was because they wanted this to be thought of as a human achievement not an American one.

Sort of like NASA:

We came in peace for all mankind

But don't worry, they left in Neil's famous line, "That's one small step for a man, Murica, f*** yeah, mother******s!"

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Forgot your Patriot Booster pill this morning? F# Armstrong, the movie is a waste without the flag on the moon. No flag scene, no point, didn't you hear that yet? It's about a decoration on the moon, not a man, geez. Nobody cares about the man.

It was so difficult for me to finish when I didn't get the money shot of Neil ramming his flag into the moon.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Exactly. The reality was it was an American achievement and a human achievement. They intentionally wanted to remove America from the achievement.

In real life it being an American achievement never stopped it being a human achievement, and it wouldn't have in the movie either. But they couldn't have that.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Don't worry, son, you're not alone in being triggered by all this, there's people getting pissed that they didn't show Buzz taking communion on the moon because it's anti-Christian.

I love it. I hope the film wins an Academy Award and really melts all the marys brains.

But muh fah-lag.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You actually appear to be the triggered one unable to handle someone not being interested in the movie because everyone has to think exactly the same as you.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You actually appear to be the triggered one unable to handle someone not being interested in the movie because everyone has to think exactly the same as you.

Huh? I don't care if you watch it or not. I just like likcking the salty tears of people who are all worked up over the film.

Murcia! F*** yeah!

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: StallionDuck

They admitted they removed it because they wanted it to be about a global achievement not an American one. That was their reason they gave.

But it's not a global achievement. It's an American achievement because we were specifically doing this to show up Russia. Had there been no Russia or no sputnik, I seriously believe that we wouldn't have gone, at least not at that time. This is why the assumptions that this is a global thing was a slap in the face to many. Even Buzz wasn't happy about it.

It's like taking a warship in an old WWII war movie and saying that ship isn't american because half the world won that war along with the US. That's very pointless. Ok so maybe that argument is weaker than I thought it would be but my opinion still holds.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

...but their stated reason was because they wanted this to be thought of as a human achievement not an American one.

Sort of like NASA:

We came in peace for all mankind

But don't worry, they left in Neil's famous line, "That's one small step for a man, Murica, f*** yeah, mother******s!"

Lmfao, yeah, immortal words there. He absolutely said it was for America, and not mankind. No wonder the crybabies are crying about it, the movie is missing a gaudy WWE ring entry scene out the lander door, too.

Edit: Ok, for what it's worth, Armstrong didn't go Full Patriot Retard, he kept it broad.

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Man and mankind. Not "Muricans, f# yeah!" and "Murica, f# yeah!" He kept that one broad, not limited to us alone.

As humble as he was, I don't think he'd personally have a problem with omitting the flag plant scene. He never made it ABOUT America to begin with when he said it.
edit on 9/3/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Lmfao, yeah, immortal words there. He absolutely said it was for America, and not mankind. No wonder the crybabies are crying about it, the movie is missing a gaudy WWE ring entry scene out the lander door, too.

They could have Neil zero-gee drop kick Yuri Gagarin across the lunar surface.

edit on 3-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

They could have Neil zero-gee drop kick Yuri Gagarin across the lunar surface.

He'd have to do it in an Uncle Sam get-up. Because 'MURICA.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

He'd have to do it in an Uncle Sam get-up. Because 'MURICA.

I know no one can hear you scream in space, but can you hear The Star Spangled Banner in space if they turn it up to 11?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join