It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House 'drug czar' office reportedly runs secret anti-marijuana committee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The independent White House office headed by the nation’s “drug czar” reportedly is coordinating an anti-marijuana messaging effort to counter “one-sided” public debate about the drug.

Propaganda laws at work.

After the meeting, the committee reportedly sent a request this month to 14 federal agencies and the Drug Enforcement Administration for “data demonstrating the most significant negative trends” about marijuana.

Seems as though trump is on record stating that he supports legalization on the state level but his cabinet feels very different. This is very interesting and if the story gains traction it will become a problem for sessions.

I would love to see this worked out soon.

We are definitely a divided nation on this one.

It will be interesting to see how they rebrand the ole this is your brain on drugs ads.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I do have to agree with the video, I see nothing but the truth being spoken there. Now MJ I feel is not a drug, its a plant.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They should go ahead and legalize it, its inevitable at this point so make it legal and tax it like they do cigarettes for recreational use.

Medically it should have been legalized years ago, just based off how it helps people with seizures or those that are suffering from severe anxiety or depression. (yes you can tell the difference)

==============

That said, there never should have been Czars appointed in any way shape or form, that was an incredibly stupid thing and in general has been bad for the American people and a waste of tax payer funds.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I think Trump saying he would support legalization was just a jab at Sessions when he said it.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It is strange that i was just searchin for the white houses anti opioid committee and could not find any details...

Must be g-14 classified top flight.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Publicallu, Trump says, legalize weed or I will fire you Jeff

Sessions says no

Trump fires him and goes for a pro weed AG

The people would impeach trump for firing Sessions because, you know, Russia, would know do a bong circle in his honor.....

That’s why I hate politics

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Perhaps I can answer that. This 'Tzar' is a Government SHILL. He makes a salary and whatever other 'fringe benefits' that comes along w/a Government Job that You can dress up like a real soldier. I'm surprised We haven't seen Herr Drumpf in a General's uniform but with 5 Stars Patton, Bradley they only had 4 Stars.

The opiate epidemic is a ploy to remove $$$ and bodies from society. The opiate pt. will get cut-off from prescribing doctors and then get their junk on the streets. Then they get arrested and their $$$ are removed via "court costs" then "probation costs" then the cost to go to re-hab and then start the cycle again...

Did this Tzar mention "Kratom" ? Of course not. Kratom will get an opiate user/abuser off of opiates so what do You think happened? The DEA™ moves forward to make it a Schedule 1..

The Drug War™ is nothing but a SCHEME. I worked it when it was 'The Crack War™" thats when their voting rights were removed and they were removed from public housing..

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I do not feel as though sessions is protected any longer in the manner you suggest.

Currently as we speak we are seeing sessions being attacked and there is not much defense for him as there was just months ago.

Trump said november just to get people ready and feel out the opposition. He will likely act sooner than later givin the current trends. Mueller is a different story and manafort will be pardoned after the elections.

Those are my predictions for the day.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I do have to agree with the video, I see nothing but the truth being spoken there. Now MJ I feel is not a drug, its a plant.

Not necessarily to disagree but, perhaps to point out a flaw in your rhetoric;

You state that MJ “is not a drug, it’s a plant”, however, by that logic, digitalis (a medication used in cardiac care) is not a “drug” because it can be derived from the foxglove plant.

In fact, many “drugs” can be plant-derived, this does not change the fact that they are still drugs.

I think a stronger argument in support of your position might be that since MJ is effective, as a drug, but requires less of the processing (and thus less of the major pharmaceutical infrastructure) of other similarly effective drugs, MJ poses less of a risk resulting from processing-induced side effects.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The onesided debate?

Haha, how about they show that article of the cop choking his son for just talking about weed over some drinks.

Hahahahahahahaha.

You realize opioids are killing mofos left and right still yah, but hey you better waste some resources on some other bs agenda tho right?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Good points.

Maybe any plant that does not have to go through processing to be used should be legal.

I hear canada made a flower that contains insulin. The word pushed back against that citing gmo concerns but decided to keep round up based corn and such.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Good points.

Maybe any plant that does not have to go through processing to be used should be legal.

I hear canada made a flower that contains insulin. The word pushed back against that citing gmo concerns but decided to keep round up based corn and such.

I know a number of T1 and T2 diabetics who would be thrilled to toss a flower bud or two into their morning corn flakes if it meant not having to inject themselves with insulin.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Being that MJ is harmless for the most part, and being that they are going to find this out, I can see a "new" strain coming out laced with Flakka or something. Then they can do the usual "see we told you it was dangerous".

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

one-sided

Ok, that part pisses me off.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Patton, Bradley they only had 4 Stars.

Actually Bradley was promoted to 5 stars in 1950.

-dex

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

plant-derived,

That's the difference.

MJ is not derived or changed.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Good points.

I know a number of T1 and T2 diabetics who would be thrilled to toss a flower bud or two into their morning corn flakes if it meant not having to inject themselves with insulin.

Here is a thread if it stays up...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Can't smoke the stuff anymore but I do want CBD oil (not hemp oil) with no thc. It is suppose to be amazing for overall wellbeing and stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The only Drug Czar in the Trump administration is Chris Christie according to Wiki. He is over the opioid crisis.

Trump administration (Opioid czar): The Chair of the Opioid and Drug Abuse Commission. Note: In March 2017 it was announced that governor of New Jersey Chris Christie was to head the Commission.[3]

Wiki, Drug Czar

Doesn't say a word about MJ.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Christie? He must be working to keep those fat burner pills of the street.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join