It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels pay raise due federal workers in January

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyATS

How are they being punished when they are already receiving too much pay and benefits in the first place? People who make far less for the same jobs in the private sector, pay the taxes that pay them. How is that right?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sycophant reply. Totally groundless of course but not a surprise.

Lmao. Sounds familiar to you?

He #ed up and is costing us billions.

I'm sure you can't, but I'm gonna ask anyways. Can you elaborate on that?

The financial genius that he is .....NOT

Considering he's a billionaire I guess he's smarter than you.

He has no business in that office. He is unfit.

Then you go ahead and vote for Hillary on the next election.

If she's not in jail by then.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Who are you to pronounce anyone useless. How rude!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I have to agree with this move.

we're getting fleeced , sometimes twice, by civilian fed employees and contractors.

our navy fleet are forever doing work ups or in the docks...because a fully operational ship at even 90% capacity means a lot of those cheaters would be out of work, therefore the job is never done right...

we need to tighten up .

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can imagine that there will be a serious push back against this.

Pay cuts for his employees will likely gain him more enemies from within.

He needs a better personal income tax rate and cap.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Elaborate on #ed up? Surely this needs no elaboration but ok how long a list you need? Helsinki, north Korea, the tariff / trade war. Cutting taxes where expenses are already not getting met.
EPA, Urban development, dept of education, Mike Flynn, firing Comey, Steve Bannon, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates RUSHER.
Basically everything he touches turns to #.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Seems reasonable. Its about time the public sector cut back.
He should go further and fire 75% of all govt workers.
I would make all govt workers explain their value and then keep the top 25%.
It would have zero impact on what gets done.

Yeah.

This.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Tell that to the welder who hangs upside down for eight hours a day in a torpedo shaft that's only five feet wide.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So easy to just toss someone else out of a job.
As long as it's not you and your job.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

So easy to just toss someone else out of a job.
As long as it's not you and your job.

Wah.

It's a job based off of tax payer monies.

The public sector/federal workers numbers have grown under Obama so he could artificially boost employment numbers.

Get a job in the private sector.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Seems like government employees are already well compensated, never mind the extravagant benefits and retirement. Federal employees make substantially better pay (excluding armed forces who are badly underpaid on average)

The country’s 21,656,200 government workers earned an average $51,340 per year, or $24.69 per hour, as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This compared with the $45,230, or $21.74, earned by all 128,278,550 workers in all industries.

work.chron.com...

This was pay from 6 years ago.
I don't think they're hurting financially or otherwise.

if they gave military personnel across the board 15% raises I wouldn't complain for 1 second, in fact I would be ok with that

everyone else? take a hike... if I need my roads paved Domino's will do it. They are already doing what the government can't.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am all for fiscal responsibility in government. I have to read more in to it but I might actually agree with trump on this one.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Tell that to the welder who hangs upside down for eight hours a day in a torpedo shaft that's only five feet wide.

Yeah because the welder in a comparable job with comparable conditions in the private sector clearly has nothing to complain about or somehow the government one is more special because ... federal?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he still doing this job for free. By free I mean doesn’t he donate every thing he makes as President to a cause.
If so, seems like he’s walking the walk

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
since el Presidente is a negotiator

it occurs to me that this is his starting position

and as time goes by this will be altered and many of those workers will still get at least some raise

but not as much as they want.

maybe some sort of compromise reduction in force. whatever union(s) get involved will be okay with fewer new hires if the existing are protected.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t he still doing this job for free. By free I mean doesn’t he donate every thing he makes as President to a cause.
If so, seems like he’s walking the walk

But hey, those golf trips aren’t free, and that’s certainly not coming out of his own pocket.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ummm... That would be a contract worker. I've never heard of a "welder government worker". That's not the persons this cut is affecting.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Seems like government employees are already well compensated, never mind the extravagant benefits and retirement. Federal employees make substantially better pay (excluding armed forces who are badly underpaid on average)

The country’s 21,656,200 government workers earned an average $51,340 per year, or $24.69 per hour, as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This compared with the $45,230, or $21.74, earned by all 128,278,550 workers in all industries.

work.chron.com...

This was pay from 6 years ago.
I don't think they're hurting financially or otherwise.

if they gave military personnel across the board 15% raises I wouldn't complain for 1 second, in fact I would be ok with that

everyone else? take a hike... if I need my roads paved Domino's will do it. They are already doing what the government can't.

Especially if those pavers take 20 years to pave a 10 miles trip of road.

Yet still, that's also not who this cut is affecting. Those guys are paid by state funds who get funds from federal. I don't know/think they fall under the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If 2019 is a recession year with negative inflation it would not be unusual to forego a COLA increase.
We would save a lot on health care if people got outside more to walk around on the golf course.
Trump probably gets his best ideas there.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

It’s free to walk around a park or your neighborhood, not so free on a golf course.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join