It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Was Involved in FBI Headquarters Plan, Watchdog Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this was posted before. But I tried searching and didn't see it.

In any case. It would seem that Trump was involved somehow as to whether or not to relocate the FBI to a new location. And that people, who were testifying to congress, were told to not disclose the Trumps involvement.

It is implied that Trump did not want the FBI to relocate because it would affect property value of his property across the street. And that his influencing the decision is a conflict of interest.

The inspector general of the General Services Administration found in the report, which was released Monday, that FBI, General Services Administration and White House officials met about the headquarters project in January, and that Mr. Trump was personally involved in one of those meetings.

The internal watchdog found that GSA Administrator Emily Murphy gave testimony to Congress in April that didn’t disclose the involvement of Mr. Trump or other White House officials, despite repeated questioning from a Democratic member of Congress about whether anyone at the White House had participated in the decision.

Background:
TL;DR; The FBI is looking to move out of the J Edgar building due to it being old and not meeting current and future needs. The plan was to build an FBI campus able to grow with the FBI. But that plan was allegedly nixed due to influence from the president. Someone wasn't completely forthcoming during congressional hearings. And a new plan was made to demolish and rebuild the building in the old location.

Here is the link to the IG report.
drive.google.com...

More links.
www.rollcall.com...
fortune.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

OMG!

This puts a new infinite layer of nothing on the most delicious nothing burger ever.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

OMG!

This puts a new infinite layer of nothing on the most delicious nothing burger ever.

Wait, can I have this new nothing burger with even more nothing?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

OMG!

I think you forgot to switch accounts...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

OMG!

I like the idea that people think I have multiple accounts. I do, I have like 12. 8 are pro Trump. 2 are pro Hillary. And 2 are Bigfoot hunters. Thank God none of them are stupid UFO believers.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So, what if they did consult with Trump on the issue? The man has decades of real estate and cost experience behind him. To say that Trump will benefit by rebuilding an office that's already been in that exact same location anyway for decades is laughable. We all know that the FBI are the last ones that want to stay or put anyone else up in a Trump property across the street anyway. This is of no benefit to him.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Personally, I like my nothing burger with a little extra nothing and a side of extreme nothingness, don't you?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Personally, I like my nothing burger with a little extra nothing and a side of extreme nothingness, don't you?

I can never get enough nothing.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

OMG!

Oh, I see - no I meant that meaning kind of like I was asking for more nothing while speaking to the drive in nothing burger stand drive thru speaker.

Get it?

Anyway, I do have multiple accounts. Actually, I am every Trump supporter on this site.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'm not sure if this was posted before. But I tried searching and didn't see it.

In any case. It would seem that Trump was involved somehow as to whether or not to relocate the FBI to a new location. And that people, who were testifying to congress, were told to not disclose the Trumps involvement.

It is implied that Trump did not want the FBI to relocate because it would affect property value of his property across the street. And that his influencing the decision is a conflict of interest.

The inspector general of the General Services Administration found in the report, which was released Monday, that FBI, General Services Administration and White House officials met about the headquarters project in January, and that Mr. Trump was personally involved in one of those meetings.

The internal watchdog found that GSA Administrator Emily Murphy gave testimony to Congress in April that didn’t disclose the involvement of Mr. Trump or other White House officials, despite repeated questioning from a Democratic member of Congress about whether anyone at the White House had participated in the decision.

Background:
TL;DR; The FBI is looking to move out of the J Edgar building due to it being old and not meeting current and future needs. The plan was to build an FBI campus able to grow with the FBI. But that plan was allegedly nixed due to influence from the president. Someone wasn't completely forthcoming during congressional hearings. And a new plan was made to demolish and rebuild the building in the old location.

Here is the link to the IG report.
drive.google.com...

More links.
www.rollcall.com...
fortune.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Talk about more fake news, this tops the list...

TextIt is implied that Trump did not want the FBI to relocate because it would affect property value of his property across the street. And that his influencing the decision is a conflict of interest.

Yep...Implied by the Democrat congresscreep who wants the new building built in his district... If someone would read the reports, the meetings with Trump were strictly to inform him of what's going on...The decisions on whether to move or not move the facility are completely up to the FBI...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

This very well could be nothing. However this is the relevant part.

From the OIG report. Make of it what you will.

Lastly, we found that Administrator Murphy’s testimony before the House Appropriations Committee, Financial Services and General Government Subcommittee on April 17, 2018, was incomplete and may have left the misleading impression that she had no discussions with the President or senior White House officials in the decision-making process about the project.

edit on 30-8-2018 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Believing in aliens is much more logical than believeing in god.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I see no evidence of wrongdoing. Are you and the author implying Trump should have no knowledge about what's being planned?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The IG report seems to be implying the following.

Lastly, we found that Administrator Murphy’s testimony before the House Appropriations Committee, Financial Services and General Government Subcommittee on April 17, 2018, was incomplete and may have left the misleading impression that she had no discussions with the President or senior White House officials in the decision-making process about the project.

Trump was involved in the decision to not move the FBI building.

Trump or the Trump team told the people testifying to Congress to Omit any of Trumps involvement.

Please read the IG report linked. It's all in there.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Imply? Meh, anyways, who cares.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Sorry, it doesn't say that. It says they had a discussion. A discussion about what will happen fits. Show me where Trump made the final decision based on purely selfish reasons.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here is the problem with people rushing everything possibly negative about the president to print as fast as possible, the people that are open to changing their next vote are going to get over saturated with negative news.

Obviously the DNC thinks throw all the mud at him possible and people will turn on him (cause that worked so great in the election he won), the flip side of that coin is people will start tuning it out.

Where if they had gone with here is the evidence of his bad intentions rather than I think he has bad intentions people would pay more attention for a longer period. After 2 years of mud slinging I would wager the average American no longer cares, as long as the economy is up and unemployment is down they wont care about what looks like normal DC corruption.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Imply? Meh, anyways, who cares

People that don't want their government officials using the position to make money inappropriately that's who. Even Republicans are going to be unhappy with this, at least the few Republicans that have some morals.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

People that don't want their government officials using the position to make money inappropriately that's who

how rich is (insert presidents name here) compared to when they entered office, almost every president in my 45 years greatly increased their wealth while on a fixed income, cant imagine how they did that legitimately. (Carter doesnt count he was not a normal president)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Trump that bastard!!!

I feel better now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join