It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Secret" War in Africa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
US Drone activity; working on a new base in Africa

www.businessinsider.com...

The MQ-9 Reapers will operate from new facilities the US Air Force is building at an existing Nigerien base in Agadez for nearly $100 million. Until recently, the drones have been based in Niger's capital and used solely to collect intelligence on militant groups operating in the region.

But last November, following an attack that killed five Nigerien and four American troops near the village of Tongo Tongo, the government of Niger requested that the United States begin deploying armed drones against jihadi groups.

The Tongo Tongo ambush spotlighted a policy issue that draws little public attention in the United States — the ongoing war in Africa's Sahel region against militant groups emboldened by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

I'm all for the war on terror but please God don't let this turn into another Vietnam

news media too obsessed with bashing Trump to tell us this stuff. one has to dig for it. thanks to posters.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Good catch! Hey man, if their government is asking us for help, then who are we to turn them down in their time of dire need??

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
British logistics have been supporting the French in Mali for quite a while. It’s no secret.

www.google.co.uk...
edit on 8 9 2018 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

From 2013:

www.google.co.uk...

edit on 8 9 2018 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Back during the Gulf War II, there was an incident known as Abu Ghraib; CiA took over an Iraqi prisoners and then had a uSArmy motor pool torture the prisoners, while "civilian advisors (CIA) questioned the torturees in tribal dialects the US soldiers couldn't understand. The soldiers got decades in Leavenworth.

At the same time, I tried to break a story on ATS that the French troops had occupied the Côte D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) and destroyed all the nations airports(!). The French learned from Abu Graib; they used "Rape APCs" to kidnap (male) Ivoirians, then drive around the countryside while French troops raped them for information. Sometimes raping them to death.

ATSers mocked the story. The idea that the French empire was still alive and being expanded at the point of a bayonet was literally laughable. Because everyone knows that the French are anti war and against American imperialism.

But yeah. Read the African papers and be prepared to be shocked.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

This came to light several years ago when people noticed a significant increase in Predator and Reaper losses being reported by AFRICOM. Then there were a couple of fixed wing losses, including a U-28 that killed everyone on board, and more details came out, but mostly only on sites that follow this kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Hrmmm, French Rape APC’s? Seems a little far fetched. If I remember Abu Ghraib was not a dedicated facilit to rape and torture, it was a few booties getting carried away and photographing themselves humiliatingly prisoners for which the few that were involved were arrested a jailed.

A long way from this to building rape wagons to drive around the Ivory Coast raping male soldiers to death.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Can't have a united Africa as it would be able to compete globally and that s bad for business...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Hrmmm, French Rape APC’s? Seems a little far fetched. If I remember Abu Ghraib was not a dedicated facilit to rape and torture, it was a few booties getting carried away and photographing themselves humiliatingly prisoners for which the few that were involved were arrested a jailed.

A long way from this to building rape wagons to drive around the Ivory Coast raping male soldiers to death.

www.pambazuka.org...
www.usatoday.com... ory/news/world/2018/01/16/u-n-fails-stem-rapes-peacekeepers-africa-victims-cry/1016223001/

edit on 8-9-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

These articles are simply about French troops and (European) UN peacekeepers raping, particularly children, and mowing down crowds of protesters with machine gun fire. I can't find my ATS thread on the topic from 2005...
edit on 8-9-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It's there, you just have to think carefully to a specific set of words you remember typing in the thread. It may have been A response to a specific member or a carefully worded description of a place, mission, action? The search feature for ats can find it if you use it carefully. Or you can click o. The first bracket in my signature and do a Google search of ats. I have rediscovered some hidden gems by remembering specifically worded statements and searching for them.

Although it's disappointing to see how often links are dead completely and content has vanished. It's that 1984 real time censorship that catches up. Eventually if it does not case a favorable light towards the party, it's is edited or removed forevermore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join