It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Japanese, UK, and Australian alliance unparalleled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The reason Australia is teamed up with US, UK & Japan is largely to do with the fact:

1) We have an excellent army, and are pros when it comes to peacekeeping & mopping up other peoples messes (US).

2) We have a society thriving on technology. Japan loves us for that. We'll snap up any tech they throw our way, and we can give them plenty of wool, wheat etc in return + they (asian countries) make up a large part of our tourist industry.

3) UK & Aussies...well, apparently the queen is still the supreme ruler of australia
But anyway, the poms love aussies

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Very well put LordGoofus

The Aussies have an excellent army and provide a huge addition to the alliance in terms of special forces. The US, & UK airforces and infantry generally make the the big boom, but the Aussies expertise in special forces generally sweep up the remaining tough threats.

I think all alliance countries benefit greatly from the Japanese technology. Alot of that tech is actually both Japanese & US company made product. Anymore, most of the high tech stuff we have, gets assembled by multi national companies. For instance a car may be a japanse dealer, with some US parts, assembled in Mexico and sold in Canada!!!!! Its pretty crazy!!!

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think maybe New Zealand should have been included in this alliance with US, Uk, Japan and Oz, they're sterling chaps too. One problem with Japan in the alliance: Doesn't there law forbid their military actually doing any fighting or something like that?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
I think maybe New Zealand should have been included in this alliance with US, Uk, Japan and Oz, they're sterling chaps too. One problem with Japan in the alliance: Doesn't there law forbid their military actually doing any fighting or something like that?

Yes because of WWII the japanese have alot of restrictions from the international community in what they can do in war. However they are the world's top economic donar to other nations. This is why they are so vital to an alliance with us. As well as technology. Oh yeah.........and as i mentioned in my post, many many other nations are great allies as well. I mentioned the basic 4 mainly because they are the largest hands that tend to rock the cradle and have a tight alliance. New Zealand is a great contributor as well. I have heard they also provide great technology and special forces. I appologize as they deserve full recognition along with many others that i did not mention.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I know NZ don't specifically get mentioned as much as they probably should, but usually when someone says "Australian forces", Aussie also includes NZ as well..even though they aren't really Aussies...probably something to do with the whol Anzac thing I'm guessing, after all, NZ does work very closely with Australia, or at least I think they do

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To name one such alliance equittable of standing against these foes would be the OPEC. Though this is more a business pact than a tradtional alliance, it still packs a massive assualt of influence whenever and wherever it goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join