It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding Youtube video I watched about Redding/Carr fire - gone from online & browser history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
about the beginning of the month I watched a video of the fire that happened in Carr (redding CA) and I watched the video about 20x, in slow mo, picking some things out. I also saved that video and about 5-6 others on the same neighborhood in the same day. I downloaded them to my hard drive. Well I was watching some other videos of other fires in CA that had the same oddities I saw so I looked through my browser history (both of them) and no trace of anything related to that (spent 3 hours looking). Looked through my Youtube history (stored online with youtube) and nothing there. Looked through my favorites and liked video's and not there either (which I marked it) I tried to see if I could find comments I posted on the video and that wasn't possible but I posted the oddities I found in the video.

So, I downloaded them, right? Well about a week ago, my hard drive (which I run health checks on weekly) just died. My computer locked up (hasn't happened in 4 years) and my STORAGE drive, not my operating system drive, was gone, all 4TB of it. Yeah I know dummy me not backing up but everything was protected (surge, excellent components/PSU, UPS, power conditioner, etc) and the drive was reported to be in "excellent" condition, 98% health and only 15 months old. So I'm suspicious of this and I had A LOT of other suspicious YT videos from the years (probably 1,000+)

So I'm looking for a video of the Carr fire where they show video of the fire tornado, or vortex, engulfing like 100-300yards wide (ariel shot, which seemed odd b/c it looked too close), there was a brunett woman (about 25) who wore a black tank top and may have talked about her kids and sounded extra emotional like it was forced, there was a woman who showed 1/2 her fence burnt (and trash cans melted) in between two houses but the rest was fine/unburnt, a closeup of a concrete angel (about 15-18" high), shots of a front load washer & dryer next to each other burnt out (close ups of this), then another with a front load washer by itself. Two older men were interviewed and the one towards the end of was all emotional and saying something about rebuilding for kids and having memories. The also showed ariel views of the fire while it burnt (the massive tornado) as well as after. I would say the video was 2-3 mins long but maybe 5

I know that isn't a lot to go on, I think it was a local TV station that did the report but I know I watched it on Youtube b/c I commented on it (and I never comment on any other video site, don't have accounts - no FB, Goog+, etc). I just can't understand how it isn't in any of my history and I've searched for an hour after looking through everythig else on my system.

Edit - I just found video of the fire tornado in Carr that was on the video I watched and the event happened on 7/26 but many didn't report it until 8/16 or 8/17 - even in Sacramento not 100 miles away! Now WTF is that!
edit on 8 27 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You sure you want more ridiculous circumstances to befall you by downloading it again?

You seem pretty sure there's something spooky going in from what I can tell.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Vids fall off channels on YT all the time. I dont usually see my playlist auto-prune but I only use it for music so may be different. Usually I get a little picture indicating a bad link.

As far as your drive goes you can try TestDisk from cgsecurity to see if it's just the partition tables were hosed. If you cannot see partition tables and the master file table is boned, you can try ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) providing it can even be seen in the device manager as a removable storage device.

As always, do not write to the disk, unless of course it's a matter of restoring the partition tables. Even then, be careful if you dont know what you are doing.

Also you may consider cloning the drive, again, providing it is even seen as a storage device. In my experience however, particularly with Seagate 4TB drives, it is a lost cause.

For a replacement, I prefer qnap nas with RAID1 mirror of red-tag drives. ALWAYS use red drives for NAS. If one fails, you have a fallback drive with all your data while the array is in degraded mode until you get a replacement. Also if you wanna get super fancy, you can get a second qnap and mirror to it byte for byte. :-p

RE this video you describe, I have never seen it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That's what happens when you go DigginFoTroof.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe it is here: hooktube.com...
I think Hook Tube archives videos.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You sure you want more ridiculous circumstances to befall you by downloading it again?

You seem pretty sure there's something spooky going in from what I can tell.

Good point. I remember when I searched the name of the video when I first saw it and then clicked the "videos" tab on Google (instead of the default "all" tab) and there were about 3 pages of this same video, all the same length, just different sites hosting it (probably redirecting to YT), so I found the YT link on the page and watched that b/c I could save/comment and such. This isn't just one video disappearing, this is 30+ news articles about it which all linked to it that disappeared.

Well I tried to revive the drive, I pulled an identical one that works, swapped the controller card and still no joy. Drive spins up and sounds fine, so IDK what is going on. Maybe the heads are permenantly parked? IDK if that is a thing, but I do know my GSmartControl (linux app) is telling me it is an unknown drive of 700 pentabytes in size... This may be the first drive I do open heart surgery on to try to revive it..

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

can I just say...if you add a video...not COPY a COPY of it....it can disappear ltr for even copyright or no reason....but...seemingly....I make COPIES from my 1st save and put those to ext.drives...

Not going into it...but I as a band member of a still selling rock band with music in movies, tv and comm'ls..and still getting quarterly royalty cks....have a Trademark infringement agreement w YouTube to remove stuff...and they do immediately..POOF! Its linking to and file can vanish.

But! If one saves a copy of it and not the video or link to a site where it was...and link to itself to an ext.storage...it stays w you...but not on line.
edit on 27-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

PS...in building video or music playlists..COPY them over to your comptr...and dont just add online to your building stuff...then move them to ext.drive.

I've seen whole playlists and histories gone if you don't...

best of luck..MS

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

pps..ATS yesterday...made a reply...that thread was removed therefore was my reply from my personal replies..it didn't exist anymore....but if I SAVED what I wrote to a word doc or the likes....I would have it...I didn't, it's gone.

I DONT TRUST NO CLOUD storages either!!!
edit on 27-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

PS...in building video or music playlists..COPY them over to your comptr...and dont just add online to your building stuff...then move them to ext.drive.

I've seen whole playlists and histories gone if you don't...

best of luck..MS

Thanks. Yeah, I always pull them down from off-line, that is why I had 3 4TB drives of saved stuff that I've found (and movies, games, etc). I was soo good with backing up when I ran Windows, but when I switched to Linux everything seemed stable for once and the drives I have have a great track record. I haven't ever heard of one of them going out without some warning, unless it was a power spike or something like that, which isn't the case here.

Maybe it's time to do an air-gap with an old server to keep all my old data on, and only plug plug the drives in when needed, problem is, that even with no internet connection, nasties can travel via USB or other transfered data.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

pps..ATS yesterday...made a reply...that thread was removed therefore was my reply from my personal replies..it didn't exist anymore....but if I SAVED what I wrote to a word doc or the likes....I would have it...I didn't, it's gone.

I DONT TRUST NO CLOUD storages either!!!

Yeah I stay away, like the Alice in Chains song.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

oh yeah..I never leave ext.'s plugged in

new topics

top topics

join