It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen Weisselberg: Trump's financial factotum granted immunity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... granted-immunity/2018/08/24/404ebdf2-a7b1-11e8-97ce-cc9042272f07_story.html?utm_term=.a5412f62f5ea

Allen Weisselberg, the chief financial officer for the Trump Organization, was one of the executives who helped arrange $420,000 in payments to longtime Trump attorney Michael Cohen to help reimburse him for hush money he paid an adult-film star.

Weisslberg was granted immunity by federal investigators in New York in exchange for his truthful testimony about his role in the payments, according to people familiar with the discussions.

This could be an interesting breakthrough because Weisselberg has been in charge of Trump's financial dealings for decades. He is one of the directors of Trump's "arms length" trust that manages his affairs while he is president. He is very close to Trump, as far as this sort of thing goes, really just like "family".

He knows where every penny that has come to Trump came from and where every penny goes. I realize that the deal he has just made doesn't cover all that, but is a deal with Mueller next?
edit on 24-8-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Trump will tweet.....

" I hardly even know this guy !!! ...maybe I met him one or maybe two times before. Not sure I would even be able to pick him out of a line up. Weisselberg who ? WITCHHUNT "

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I wonder what the statute of limitations is for money laundering?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Depends how many shills you have at the FBI.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Weisselberg knows everything financial about Trump.

fortune.com...

Over the years, Weisselberg’s role in the family’s organization has evolved considerably. The WSJ reports that he has assumed a variety of duties, from “arranging for checks that Mr. Trump would sign,” to handling “dealings with banks and other important matters.” Weisselberg also reportedly oversaw many of Trump’s personal matters, including household expenses and personal purchases. He even prepared Trump’s tax returns for some time.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I’d like to see all of these immunity agreements. What are the scopes and conditions?

Eta: Honest question: Is this kinda stuff meant to be immediately public information?
edit on 8/24/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Weisselberg is executive 1
Wonder who executive 2 might be ....Don jr ?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cool, everything in order and this guy handles Trump finances, and?

Are you guys hoping for another flip flop via Mueller ala Cohen?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

And the typical people will come in here and say... But the Clinton Foundation ..... Obama!!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Don't you want to see the facts emerge before casting judgement, or are you just happier eliminating the middleman before you call "Fake News"?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Yes, because they are guilty of many other felonies and some related to the same thing the left accuses Trump.

Got a problem with pointing someone's mistake?

Or is it only allowed if its Trumps on the line?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
Atm it's another interesting development.

If his CFO has been granted immunity....you have got to wonder...immunity from what ???

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well I think in the end more will be learned than not ... You sure this immmunity deal is limited to the POTUS huh ?

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman gave the Clinton Foundation a pass despite months of reports about special treatment for donors — but pounced when Donald Trump’s foundation made headlines.

The AG jumped in after it was disclosed that Trump’s charity made a $25,000 political donation to And Justice for All, a group backing Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi while she was considering whether to investigate Trump University in 2013.

Schneiderman, a staunch Hillary Clinton supporter, denied on Wednesday that his probe was politically motivated — even though his office did not probe the Clinton Foundation when it failed to list foreign donations, as required by state law.

Schneiderman probes Trump’s non-profit but gives Clinton a pass - 2016

We will see

Clinton donor allegedly killed National Enquirer stories

“Mr. Lasry is a good example of the complex relationships a friend/supporter can have within the Foundation,” Band wrote in the memo, crediting Lasry with personally donating $142,500 to the Clinton Foundation and committing $2 million more, while raising “several hundred thousand dollars” from others in “two Foundation fundraisers at his home.” Band also indicates that Lasry helped Marc Mezvinsky – Chelsea Clinton’s husband — in raising money for Mezvinksy’s hedge fund. But the claim about Lasry’s intervention at the National Enquirer stands out in light of recent developments in the presidential race.

edit on 8242018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Atm it's another interesting development.

If his CFO has been granted immunity....you have got to wonder...immunity from what ???

*facepalm*

Because it involves Trump and so the current investigation on its over-reach will grant him immunity to talk, standars tactic MO, a novice sees right thru it

Remember, they don't care for Russian Collusion, the MO has shifted from that to finance violations, the goal is to ouster Trump, regardless of what.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Don't you want to see the facts emerge before casting judgement, or are you just happier eliminating the middleman before you call "Fake News"?
Facts? Lol, funny coming from you, you eat up the liberal press and run with it and you say, "facts" 🤣

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

If I recall there have already been plenty of investigations into Hillary with absolutely no charges. Did I miss something, or we going to talk about the Clinton death squad.

I'm all for people getting prosecuted who do things wrong, could care less about party lines here. I'm tired of the right wingers using their typical crutches.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Trumps finances and the Russian connection go hand in hand.....and Allen Weisselberg has the records.

time.com...

jewishbusinessnews.com...
edit on 24-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Not to go way too off-topic but if you're really interested about finding the truth, you should take a look at the research Gambler did.

New Bombshell report shows FBI corruption in handling of weiner laptop emails

Basically HRC wasn't prosecuted because of the FBI political bias that at this point no one can deny. Strzok made it very clear for us.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Facts? Lol, funny coming from you, you eat up the liberal press and run with it and you say, "facts" 🤣

Really? Would you care to provide an example of that? I'm certainly happy to comment on day-to-day developments but I'm not sure I've ever dismissed something before it was even uttered. Please enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Selective targeting ..... I see

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join