It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really? This is the best cc cookie recipe? Gtfo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
For probably 20 years I've been searching for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've asked family members, deep dived the library's cookbook section, distastefully snapped photos of books in book stores, scoured google for obscure recipes, etc.

Yesterday, I randomly came across the mf-ing Betty GD Crocker chocolate chip cookie recipe... it has no Betty Crocker items, or any mention of branded items at all, which is why it probably isn't promoted, and I'll be damned if it isn't the perfect cookie recipe for my tastes.

The cookie is super chewy and soft, with hints of crispness on the edges. I'm so annoyed that after all these years, this ridiculously simple, corporate American recipe is so good.

I guess spending millions on R&D pays off in the end.

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

This better be the best or I'm gonna come back and find you.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Book marked. I'll be waiting to hear how they taste from others. Love me some chocolate chip cookies. I miss my Ms. Fields cookies.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
O shoot-- wish I had known of your quest!! We've been making this one for years! I agree, it is pretty darn tasty!!
I like mine chewy with that crispy edge to

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Pretty simple and straightforward recipe that has been around for a zillion ears. Sometimes fancy isn't better. It's like a 10/22 Ruger rifle. It can't get any better and it's simple.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is this one from Serious Eats: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

It's bit more involved, what with browning the butter, hand chopping the chocolate, and letting dough rest overnight, but it's well worth it.
edit on 23-8-2018 by Roxxo because: Fixed the link

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Roxxo

I've actually used this one! But I still like Betty's better!

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's honestly bafflingly good.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My wife printed a copy...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We have one that uses peanut butter that everyone in this family adores, even the husband who doesn't like chocolate, but for straight chocolate chips, we still love the classic Toll House, on the bag recipe.
edit on 24-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Love PB cookies! I might add some to the Betty Crocker recipe next time.

We don't actually have Toll House chocolate chips where I live! But their recipe and the BC recipe are almost identical.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They're good recipes. You don't mess much with a good thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

My kids love cookies. I will give this recipe to my wife.

new topics

top topics

join