It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration using Federal Disability law to disenfranchise minority voters

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
You do realize Jim Crow laws were institutionalized by the Democratic Party right? Otherwise, it's funny how a long standing law, which these places have ignored for years, and now being enforced, is spun towards preventing minorities from voting. Handicap folks are a minority, and the Hypocrisy in your post is self evident to anyone with a lick of common sense. It's okay though, the Democrats are busy scrubbing the updated Cemetery lists to update their voting rolls. It all they got LEFT...

Here's a Jam which will articulate their strategy...

Turn the Bass up on this one...
youtu.be...

"Straight Hustlas Caught Up in The Whirlwind..."

a reply to: Wayfarer

I just have one thing to say to you... ROFLMAO Nice shot, right between the eyes. I'm having a hard time figuring out how enforcement of the ADA is targeted at anyone other than the people who have ignored it as well. Just an FYI I'm disabled myself and am happy to hear that someone is finally doing something about it.

I don't really know what you're trying to say with this. Are you saying dixiecrat's didn't become the modern Republican party? This may help educate you.
edit on 34pm18fpmThu, 23 Aug 2018 14:58:16 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 23 Aug 2018 14:58:16 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

This is nothing new, and its not that they found a loop hole rather its is because they have a loop hole and use it to the hilt. I'm ok with this, its legal-ish.

They can and do, so that's their way to get around it. The DNC loves their base enough to pour money into this, they wouldn't have spent over a billion for Hillary. They can do it but wont because squeaky wheels always get the grease.

Huh? Wait so you are in fact FOR limiting peoples ability to vote (so long as it is accomplished within the confines of the law)?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
On a side note (or maybe on topic depending on how you look at it), our disabled persons laws or so dumb.

I can only pray that you never live long enough to be disabled. If you do then you will discover that the ADA is far from dumb. I am disabled and trouble climbing stairs. That means I need a ramp to get into a building. The laws are dumb? So because I have trouble with stairs I can't go to Red Lobster for dinner unless a ramp is installed. That's just an example. Without the law I'm just one man without the power to change it. I truly hope for your sake you never have to find out what it's like to be disabled in a world that doesn't give a damn. I can't tell you how many times I have watched some punk park in a handicap parking spot thinking it's ok because it's not being used right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

On a side note (or maybe on topic depending on how you look at it), our disabled persons laws or so dumb.

I can only pray that you never live long enough to be disabled. If you do then you will discover that the ADA is far from dumb. I am disabled and trouble climbing stairs. That means I need a ramp to get into a building. The laws are dumb? So because I have trouble with stairs I can't go to Red Lobster for dinner unless a ramp is installed. That's just an example. Without the law I'm just one man without the power to change it. I truly hope for your sake you never have to find out what it's like to be disabled in a world that doesn't give a damn. I can't tell you how many times I have watched some punk park in a handicap parking spot thinking it's ok because it's not being used right now.

What I'm implying should be the correct action in this case is to subsidize bringing all polling locations up to ADA specifications. Nobody is saying screw the disabled, merely that in the case mentioned in my OP, rather than fix up the polling location 10 min away, you've now got to drive 40 minutes with everyone else nearby to vote.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

What I'm implying should be the correct action in this case is to subsidize bringing all polling locations up to ADA specifications. Nobody is saying screw the disabled, merely that in the case mentioned in my OP, rather than fix up the polling location 10 min away, you've now got to drive 40 minutes with everyone else nearby to vote.

Thank you for clarifying that because it's not what I got from disabled laws are so dumb, at all. I agree these locations should be brought up to code. At the same time however they have had years to do it and have taken zero steps to comply. It's not that hard or expensive to buy a few bags of concrete and pour a ramp for example. No one would expect them to do it all at once, but at least do something.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Are you in fact FOR allowing polling stations to be under compliance?

They have had YEARS to get caught up.

I'm sorry the DNC doesn't anticipate that in response to "the Man" keeping their base out of booths or whatever.

It makes sense though that they wouldn't do squat to help, simply because they profit from biased folks like yourself by just accusing, spinning and basically not doing anything beside fill up a few buses last minute.
edit on 8232018 by Butterfinger because: spelling

edit on 8232018 by Butterfinger because: format, I'm a dufus

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Are you in fact FOR allowing polling stations to be under compliance?

They have had YEARS to get caught up.

I'm sorry the DNC doesn't anticipate that in response to "the Man" keeping their base out of booths or whatever.

It makes sense though that they wouldn't do squat to help, simply because they profit from biased folks like yourself by just accusing, spinning and basically not doing anything beside fill up a few buses last minute.

I didn't accuse or spin anything. I'm in favor of bringing these polling station into compliance. However if they won't or can't then they should be closed. It should not be closed for good but moved. If the location is not suitable for being brought into compliance for whatever reason it should be moved to a location that is. If that means I have to drive a couple of extra miles to vote then so be it. I would also say that I don't have a problem with bussing people in to a station to vote last minute. Those people have a right to vote like anyone else. As long as the bus driver is not trying to influence them into voting one way or the other and they are registered voters. Last time I checked there's no law against it, nor is there a law or rule that says if you vote at this station you have to vote a certain way. The people who man the station are also not allowed to press any issue or make any statement to voters. In fact it has nothing to do with who votes, just where they do it, and that location being in compliance with the ADA period.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: avgguy
So they have to close because they aren’t in line with the ADA? And that’s trumps fault how?

Yep, the ADA, a democratic cheered for policy.

Says all polling places have to be handicap accessible.

SO I could rewrite the thread with this title

"democrats complain that trump is closing down polls that wont accommodate minorities with disabilities"

Yes those democratic rascals; always trying to force blacks that are disabled to not be able to vote!

I've checked you out in the new SJW Color Swatches, and you have no business bringing logic into such a discussion.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You do realize Jim Crow laws were institutionalized by the Democratic Party right? Otherwise, it's funny how a long standing law, which these places have ignored for years, and now being enforced, is spun towards preventing minorities from voting. Handicap folks are a minority, and the Hypocrisy in your post is self evident to anyone with a lick of common sense. It's okay though, the Democrats are busy scrubbing the updated Cemetery lists to update their voting rolls. It all they got LEFT...

youtu.be...

Oh boy I've got some bad news for you Boyo, but those Dixiecrats that spurned Jim Crow laws became the modern Republican party. I didn't take you for the kind of person that can be fooled so easily.

Secondly, long standing law? Did you also mouth off before actually reading the OP (because the dissolution of the voting rights act that I linked spells out why this is now suddenly possible).
Hogwash. What a sad old tired argument without announce of truth. Don't you guys ever get tired of this silly standby!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

youtu.be...

Oh boy I've got some bad news for you Boyo, but those Dixiecrats that spurned Jim Crow laws became the modern Republican party. I didn't take you for the kind of person that can be fooled so easily.

Secondly, long standing law? Did you also mouth off before actually reading the OP (because the dissolution of the voting rights act that I linked spells out why this is now suddenly possible).
Hogwash. What a sad old tired argument without announce of truth. Don't you guys ever get tired of this silly standby!!!!!

I think not. This may help educate you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join