It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhhhm, we theeeere yet?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sooo...

Topic: Space and beyond.......

First what do we need??

Spacecraft that doesnt break when a grain of dust hits when traveling over 9k ....

Spacecraft that "might" be able to generate its own shieldprotection against evil rays....

Spacecraft that "might" be able to travel (ALOT FASTER) than conventional rockets....

Enter the scene does:

Novel process to 3-D print interconnected layers of 2-D graphene

AND.......:

Laser breakthrough has physicists close to cooling down antimatter

Let the bashing and trolling begin

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This might just be how you do it.

www.bing.com...

davidhamel.com...
edit on 23-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
This might just be how you do it.

www.bing.com...

davidhamel.com...

OnT i see...
Awsome speed on the trolling there

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

For beyond.
Need: Fuel/Energy source that is 1000x more efficient than what we have now; Propulsion drive system capable of moving a craft without going boom (no rockets); A Van Halen Belt generator; Plasma Shield generator that doesn't interfere with comms; Cosmic Shielding and/or Genetic Manipulation to protect Humans from mutations; Genetic Manipulation to aid in harmful radioactive isotope metabolism.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.amazon.ca...

Read the 4th review by Dave....then write it down and put it somewhere safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty

A Van Halen belt? Is that like a flash drive? Because we will be needing some road tunes.

edit on 8/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

A Van Halen belt? Is that like a flash drive? Because we will be needing some road tunes.

Great idea...road tunes....here is my pick...www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Says the one NOT reading the the articles in the links.....

The qote dissapered in the aeter

"a reply to: Miccey

For beyond.
Need: Fuel/Energy source that is 1000x more efficient than what we have now; Propulsion drive system capable of moving a craft without going boom (no rockets); A Van Halen Belt generator; Plasma Shield generator that doesn't interfere with comms; Cosmic Shielding and/or Genetic Manipulation to protect Humans from mutations; Genetic Manipulation to aid in harmful radioactive isotope metabolism. "

edit on 2018/8/23 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

Space AND....Beyond...What´s beyond..?!?
Death.. Another matrix...Another universe.....God(
) ?!?!?
edit on 2018/8/23 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Hah, I always make that mistake. Maybe why my satellite radio is stuck on Hair Nation.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Didn't come here for homework.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, all the nasty illetarats(pun) aside...

My hopes got up like 0.00002%
after reading the articles...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

Didn't come here for homework.
2nd.

Ahh your a FULLtime troll....

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hopefully some smart Physicist will harness the power of Van Halen and create technology that will take us into the stars.

And you're right. We don't really want Abba in space.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Lets see how many posts before someone actully coments
on the articles and what we might be able to do with it...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
www.amazon.ca...

Read the 4th review by Dave....then write it down and put it somewhere safe.

oofs, i actually did...
" Kryptonique majorana" i need some...

Specially if im gonna read that book...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Lets see how many posts before someone actully coments
on the articles and what we might be able to do with it...

Maybe you get the ball rolling with your thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ahhh, my thoughts...
Like i say to the bosslady at work when shes
demanding a take the executive leadership coarse...

"Naaa, you dont want me there, it would get very uncomfortable for you, really fast"

But my initial thougths when reading the articles...

"Cool, interlayerd sheets of graphen like 5x5meters and say 2cm thick"
Awsome spaceship
"Niiiiiice, antimatterpropulsion...Will probly be reeeeeeeally fast"

Im no scientist, but i like to read up on the matter and i think i have some incling
of understanding. Building a spaceship that can withstand radioactive
waves in the universe, and on top of that be safe from stuff that would
destroy a conventional ship, would be really neat. And then on top of that,
be fast enough so we can MAYBE visit some of our neighbouring stars, would
be amazing...

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
An Ion Drive comes to mind, since they actually work and are in use by NASA. But beyond that I think we are looking at the problem in a very straightforward manner that might not be the ultimate solution. We are actually looking at the vast amount of space and distance and thinking we must traverse it, somehow, with faster and better stuff that can protect us against the many hazards we keep learning about. We are doing that because we have no theoretical basis to think anything else. Einstein placed a theoretical speed limit in place and no one has seen a way to break it. Indeed, that's the whole point: You can't. Yet there are some intriguing clues out there that would suggest the speed of light may not be constant, nor incapable of breaking. Quantum entanglement, for example, that Einstein called "spooky action at a distance." He didn't like it, nor did he like quantum mechanics, of which he said, "God does not play dice with the Universe." But both those things exist, so the fact is Einstein was not entirely correct.

My son is an obstinate person. If there is another room beyond the one he is in that has a door in it, he would rather tear through the wall than use the door. He can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory better than anyone else I know. I believe that this is what we are doing with regards to space travel. Bound by our theoretical limitations, we are attempting to tear through the wall. Fact is we haven't found the door yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. If quantum entanglement can work instantaneously without regards to distance, then that is a giant hint we ought to pursue with more vigor.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
Sooo...

Topic: Space and beyond.......

First what do we need??

Spacecraft that doesnt break when a grain of dust hits when traveling over 9k ....

Spacecraft that "might" be able to generate its own shieldprotection against evil rays....

Spacecraft that "might" be able to travel (ALOT FASTER) than conventional rockets....

Enter the scene does:

Novel process to 3-D print interconnected layers of 2-D graphene

AND.......:

Laser breakthrough has physicists close to cooling down antimatter

Let the bashing and trolling begin

Interesting. Our issue is we only think in terms we know....much has not been discovered yet.

I think we're wrong in assuming we need a craft to ride in...to have fuel to propel us thru space etc...but it's just how we now understand things.

I believe one day we may find we don't need rockets, fuel, propulsion methods....we may find in interacting with off-world species one day...that perhaps we will "enter" universes, traveling interstellar distances much like "beam me up, Scotty".

I think we greatly underestimate things...like neanderthals trying to work a smartphone...

One day.....
edit on 23-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

They've been able to 3D print graphene aerogel for years at LLNL. I posted it in the Graphene Mega thread as one of my first posts when I joined.

And I was thinking about BEC of anti-hydrogen when I read the other news. Mater, anti-matter cooled down to near absolute zero... wonder what might happen if you mix the two together!?

Anyways, they say the BBT are single crystal graphene. So I would say we've been there and done that!

eta: 2015 - LLNL

edit on 23-8-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join