It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The amazing Bubba Duke!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Best dog ever!

He is more like a person than a dog. A true companion, a kind and gentle creature, wise old eyes that can look right into your soul. He truly understands human language and is fiercely loyal and protective but at the same time, a big snuggly wimp!

He turned 4 yesterday and is maxed out (I hope) at around 130 LBS give or take. His mom was abandoned down in Florida and put into a 30 day kill shelter where she birthed a litter of 4. This guy was one of the 4 siblings. All of them yellow, except for him. At the time in my life, my mother was sick. In fact, me and my family were nursing her toward her passing. My husband was on the couch after having major surgery. I was busier than ever with work and we had just lost my boy dog of 11 years. Things were incredibly busy and tough in my house-hold. But I needed something... I needed my heart back so that I could go on and that's when I found Bubba (his original name was Saul).

The woman from Great New England Dog Rescue contacted me and said they had found what I was looking for - "Large breed, male, lab mix, puppy". She shot over his baby photo (one week old), I immediately paid the adoption fee! The little guy was barely 6 weeks old when he arrived. Having been transported through dozens of states, put on lock down, neutered way too young, given shots, quarantined and checked out by many vets along the way, he arrived safely at an animal hospital about an hour from me. My husband and I got in the car and made the drive through the city to pick him up. There in the waiting room, one by one the vet assistants came out with these tiny puppies all swaddled up like infants.

The moment the vet assistant handed us our puppy, we were in love, and that hole in my heart filled right up!

He slept on my husband chest the entire way home and when we got him there and put him down on the kitchen floor, he met my older girl dog with excitement, promptly ran around the entire house sniffing out every corner, came back, curled up on my feet and let out the biggest sigh of relief I'd ever heard.

He knew he was home.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Looks like Bubba Duke found his forever family. May you all have many happy memories together.

Also wishing your mother peace, and quick healing for your husband.
edit on 23-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OH by the way, he is a Labradane - Half Labrador and half Great Dane

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

Looks more like a Greatador

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You can't get rid of the Bubba Duke.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hahaha! I know right? one of my favorite movies too!

When we got him his name from the shelter was 'Saul'. So we discussed and decided to change it to Bubba - after our male husky who had passed on months before. His name was Bandit but we always called him Bubba as a nick name. So... our new boy, Bubba... turned into Bubba-Duke after seeing that movie heehee!

top topics

join