It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's "Bribe" to Silence Jeremiah Wright

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Since we're on the topic of spending money to influence elections, I think it's beneficial and good for matters of perspective to look back into history to find other examples of this occurring, and to measure whether the outrage was similar to today.

According to Jeremiah Wright, as he described it Edward Klein of the New York Post, Obama offered the pastor $150,000 to stop preaching until after the November election because it would "hurt the campaign".

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

“He offered you money?”

“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

“How much money did he offer you?”

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”

“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

“And one of the first things Barack said was, ‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, ‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’

The 'bribe' to silence Wright
edit on 22-8-2018 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2018 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSubversiveOne

What a coincidence?
Wright was such an inclusive minister I can't believe Barak would have wanted to keep him away from the public.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Also, don't forget about this: Obama 2008 campaign fined $375,000

President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations — one of the largest fees ever levied against a presidential campaign...

The major sticking point for the FEC appeared to be a series of missing 48-hour notices for nearly 1,300 contributions totaling more than $1.8 million — an issue that lawyers familiar with the commission’s work say the FEC takes seriously. The notices must be filed on contributions of $1,000 or more that are received within the 20-day window of Election Day...

The document outlined other violations, such as erroneous contribution dates on some campaign reports. The Obama campaign was also late returning some contributions that exceeded the legal limit.

edit on 22-8-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Obama and his administration committed several crimes. Or, I should say many crimes. Unfortunately we don't have a current attorney general with the wherewithal to go after them.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Also, don't forget about this: Obama 2008 campaign fined $375,000

President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations — one of the largest fees ever levied against a presidential campaign...

The major sticking point for the FEC appeared to be a series of missing 48-hour notices for nearly 1,300 contributions totaling more than $1.8 million — an issue that lawyers familiar with the commission’s work say the FEC takes seriously. The notices must be filed on contributions of $1,000 or more that are received within the 20-day window of Election Day...

The document outlined other violations, such as erroneous contribution dates on some campaign reports. The Obama campaign was also late returning some contributions that exceeded the legal limit.

I was actually just reading about that, but couldn't find CNN, MSNBC, or Huffington post's version of the story. But I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't report it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You forgot to add the hashtag "#metoo" to your subject line.

But seriously politicians have been using bribes of various types to silence friends and opponents since...well, there were politicians. Hell the founding fathers used to keep Ben Franklin out of the pubs so he wouldn't run his mouth.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

According to Jeremiah Wright

You're going to need a lot more than that.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Just another in a long line of double standards and hypocrisy

Remember the calls for impeachment of obama over this?

Remember the media non stop coverage and outrage?

Remember Obama’s lawyers office being raided?

Me neither

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Obamas were married in Wright's Church....

Here he is on one of his many tirades.....

Reverend Jeremiah Wright "God Damn America"

💥✅💥

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

According to Jeremiah Wright

You're going to need a lot more than that.

He said she said? No, no I don't.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Since we're on the topic of spending money to influence elections,

Should begin that discussion with it takes over $2 billion dollars to influence elections for a preferred outcome.

Billions more in FAKE NEWS to influence even more.

Millions more for conventions that have foreign nationals electioneering for a preferred candidate.

Millions more in defending lawsuits where judges rule they have the right to rig primaries.

It's a conversation most people don't want to have.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

nope, it only takes $130k, a used up whore, a cocky piss poor lawyer who is deeply in debt, and another shady lawyer who tapes his clients so he can use their privileged conversations for political gain. But don't worry, the ends justify the means, and the people just aren't smart enough to understand that this is what's best.

You can even have Obama make some wildly empty speech about a peaceful transition of power and helping the new admin for the betterment of the country. Yea, I was laughing while I typed it too.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you know the old saying , I wonder when the overweight lady is going to sing ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
He paid .375m in fines for 1.8m in donations?

I pay a higher cut rate in taxes, by far.
That's easy money, why wouldn't they continue to break that rule?

I'll gladly pay 20% in fines on free money.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I wonder WHO the subversive one WAS?

new topics

top topics

join