It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ongoing war on the American People by John Whitehead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I'm pretty neutral on the idea of police using military type vehicles. I do think they put forward a bad image and I get why it bothers some. I think they should be used only when absolutely needed in cases like you suggest.

One thing that bothers me the most is they now seem to be too controlled and due to the insanity of late, they are scared to do what they need to do, for fear of being labeled for political reasons not based in reality. A rabid partisan city government should not call the shots when law enforcement professionals should be making the decisions.

I think when political fears caused them to allow the Occupy Movement to openly break the law and infringe on innocent citizens Rights, it started a very bad trend of politics being more important than peoples safety and security in their possessions. That was a dark time for us as a society and it was backed by ill meaning, dishonest politicians to garner a few more votes from the fringe.
edit on 8/23/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That was a dark time for us as a society and it was backed by ill meaning, dishonest politicians to garner a few more votes from the fringe.

This is where it becomes a serious cause for concern. History should teach us. I think of Nixon and Hoover with the COINTELPRO and beating the crap out of peaceful protesters. The UK had miners strikes and they were met with hardcore beatings by police. Each of those governments would have rolled in the ex-military vehicles and heavily armed police if they had the chance.

Another crazy point is how political movements are infiltrated by people who encourage violence that dictates/justifies an overwhelming response by the authorities.

What a depressing topic! I'm trying to think of a good joke

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What gives me hope is when I look around me, I see people acting normally and getting along together despite the political madness of late. The real world does not mirror the world being painted online or by ill meaning politicians.

I have to actively stop myself from getting caught up in a lot of what I read. I keep reminding myself, no The Man is not out to get me.

There are genuine conspiracies galore, but the idea of what that article suggests is just fear mongering nonsense IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What do I propose as a remedy?

A start would be repeal of some of the poor laws, one example being the drug laws, that have led to this situation. At more than a century old, our drug prohibition and its zealous enforcement have driven a wedge between LEO and ordinary citizens. And of course it has filled our prisons, incubating many thousands of people with the germ of mistrust and dislike of the authorities.

Another step would be to de-militarize the police forces. Lip service about protecting and serving is ignored when the cops look like robots and the vehicles are military.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Bullies push until firefight back.
Why do you think we have the 2nd and why do you think they are demonizing it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join