It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practice what you preach #metoo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thats why for me, I don't really think that the sentiment behind the OP on this carries much weight for me because this all seems to be consensual, its not about her sexually harassing or abusing let alone rapping this guy. He was a 17 year old who, lets face it, was pretty much living out the fantasy of scoring with a older, gorgeous, famous woman.

Because he was living out your fantasy doesn't mean he was living out his.

I think you would struggle to find a 17 year old guy who doesn't want to score with someone on the FHM 100 sexist women list.

So its ok to sexually assault someone as long as they are male, despite the fact its illegal.

Youre kind of disgusting to be honest.

And if this was my son, I would have this womans ass in a handbasket, and do everything to expose her for who she is.

She straight up groomed this kid, but I guess its ok since shes female

I bet if she was male priest youd be up in arms, the hypocrisy from some of you is just so stunning its borderline retarded.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Not what I said but if it makes you feel better then OK. I have said throughout this thread that I think their relationship is really twisted and messed up

My issue is that saying a 17 year old having sex with anyone over the age of 18 qualifies as rape is to me, totally stupid and retarded.

If you think people aren't having sex at 17 then your living in a fantasy land.

Nice of you to call me disgusting with out knowing a thing about me, real bit of class that. Really have to admire your ability to debate an issue with out making it personal and making all kinds of crazy assumptions about my views.
edit on 22-8-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have a problem with it, like I said this is really messed up and twisted my issue is that I do not believe that consensual sex between a 17 year old and anyone is ever rape.

It's rape because he is underage, whether it was consensual or not.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

My issue is that saying a 17 year old having sex with anyone over the age of 18 qualifies as rape is to me, totally stupid and retarded.

No its becuase it was a male, and apparently you feel theres a double standard with grooming for sexual assault.

I guess its a good thing you dont make laws huh?

If you think people aren't having sex at 17 then your living in a fantasy land.

And this goes well beyond that, its been stated several times with sources he was groomed from the time he was a kid.

Nice of you to call me disgusting with out knowing a thing about me, real bit of class that.

Welp when youre making excuses, for what amounts to the same sort of crap the NVID cult was doing in NY, AND happens to be the main woman behind #Metoo, you kinda earn the title.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

my issue is that I do not believe that consensual sex between a 17 year old and anyone is ever rape.

Noted. This case was not consensual.she took advantage of a minor she plied with alcohol.

Rape is rape and sex is sex, pretending that a 17 year old having sex is rape is to me totally stupid.

If she forced him, then yeah its rape, its wrong, if the two of them were in a hotel room getting drunk then having sex meh, kind of thing that happens in the rest of the world were the legal age to get drunk and have sex then regret it all in the morning is lower.

I'm sorry , I honestly thought we were discussing this particular case.

It's not an if in this case..

There is a reason she paid him 380,000 dollars..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have a opinion that saying sex between a 17 year old and anyone older is rape is stupid.

It would seem several off you disagree with me on that, nothing I can do to change that but please don't treat me like I am some how "disgusting" for having such a view.

I come from a part of the world where stuff like this isn't really much of a issue and would be treated much differently in that getting drunk then having sex only to wake up and realise you regret having had sex with that older women or whatever isn't a crime so long as it was consensual and you are over the age of 16

I think some of you who are flaming me for this should remember that the entire world isn't America or California for that matter.
edit on 22-8-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The problem I have is you trying to shoehorn this case to meet your view on that particular issue.

This particular case is not the best platform to debate consensual sex age laws,when it so clearly was not consensual..

Also for the record,
I never slandered or flamed you.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I have a opinion that saying sex between a 17 year old and anyone older is rape is stupid.

It would seem several off you disagree with me on that, nothing I can do to change that but please don't treat me like I am some how "disgusting" for having such a view.

I come from a part of the world where stuff like this isn't really much of a issue and would be treated much differently in that getting drunk then having sex only to wake up and realise you regret having had sex with that older women or whatever isn't a crime so long as it was consensual and you are over the age of 16

I think some of you who are flaming me for this should remember that the entire world isn't America or California for that matter.

You do have statutory rape laws in the UK.

www.legislation.gov.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Fair enough let me say this.

I believe that all members should admit when they are wrong and after reviewing the posts of mike I can see where I have gone wrong with this.

I do maintain that the idea of saying that consensual sex between a 17 year old and anyone older constitutes rape is totally stupid however I guess you have to draw the line somewhere and if that were California draw it fair enough.

I can see how there is a case for saying that yes, she sexually assaulted this young man and given her position with in the MeeToo movement this is highly embarrassing for her. It does not take away what happened to her however, although that does not excuse her actions.

Sorry for not getting this sooner, I think it was just more of a knee jerk reaction to the points made by the OP which I thanks to Mikes posts do now make more sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not that you should care but you just earned a big chunk of respect over here.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Fair enough let me say this.
I can see how there is a case for saying that yes, she sexually assaulted this young man and given her position with in the MeeToo movement this is highly embarrassing for her. It does not take away what happened to her however, although that does not excuse her actions.

It has often been documented, and how true it is is a matter of opinion

'that the abused becomes the abuser.'

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Adults can be groomed.
From everything I read this encounter wasn’t based off of love or lust, but perversion.
Anyone who thinks this 17 year old ‘got lucky’ has been groomed by society.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Girls get raped, boys get lucky

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Girls get raped, boys get lucky

In reality some girls and some boys get raped and some girls and some boys get lucky.

Having a law that says it only happens one way is nanny state in all its glory.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Ok went back and dug up the link again

The disturbing details;

vigilantcitizen.com...

This article (also picture heavy) was published after Anthony's death. A little over a month ago,before these latest revelations.

Just to help understand this woman :
vigilantcitizen.com...

There is a bigger picture here than age of consent laws. This deviant behavior is not an isolated incident taking place, it almost seems the new normal when it comes to celebrities, athletes, the overly wealthy,and high profile personalities.

Respectfully,
~meathead

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join