It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen's lawyer says he will not accept pardon from 'criminal' Donald Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

lol

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
How is it possible that all these crooks, liars and thieves hate Trump so much?

They like all the other lying politicians, they love each other?

What's the deal with these pos
edit on 22-8-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My guess is Cohen has already floated the balloon about Trump pardoning him, and Trum, or his lawyers, shot it down. After Cohen said it was at the direction of a high level candidate, I doubt Trump would pardon him since he clearly has flipped, and I don’t see Trump suffering that betrayal without consequences for Cohen. Now I do think Trump signaled that he has more sympathy, which could equate to loyalty, for Manafort when Trump said yesterday he thinks Manafort is a good man and that he feels sorry for him. Now that sounds like a possibility of a pardon to me...but Cohen, I think he is on his own.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

They can't win at the polls

Hillary won at the polls, remember?

That can't be possible. Remember the Russians influenced us to vote against her, and thus she lost.....

Otherwise, what the hell are we doing here ?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What makes him think trump wants to pardon him?

That's the $130,000 question, isn't it?

Judging by Trump's tweet about 'if you want a good lawyer, don't hire Michael Cohen' this morning, I don't see that as an immediate plan that's on the table.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Funny thing about that--this is the poll that mattered:

Hillary won first loser...and it was well-deserved.

ETA: I voted for neither.

edit on 22-8-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Michael Cohen's lawyer has said his client will refuse any pardon from Donald Trump, branding the US president a "criminal".

That's effing hilarious.

A lawyer calling someone a criminal.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

lol

That's great.
Another person who was the best people and bff with trump that now all of a sudden is a piece of #.

Haha

Long list. Hire then fire

Common thread between them all is the one who is orange.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Funny thing about that--this is the poll that mattered:

Hillary won first loser...and it was well-deserved.

ETA: I voted for neither.

It's not funny, it's tragic. I voted third party too. The only good thing about the last election-- and the coming mid-term-- is that it will lead to election reform at the constitutional level.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I didn't read it anywhere. Been lurking for years and decided to float this out.

Am I the only one that wonders if Cohen and his family have possibly been threatened? I mean he was basically an arch enemy of the Clintons, then he takes a Clinton lawyer to defend him against the Clinton machine. How much sense does that make?

In one thread I read where he (Cohen) was looking out the courtroom window during his plea tearing up. At least I think I read that somewhere this morning.

This is the only thing that would make sense to me, and he has seen that the Clinton machine never gets caught or prosecuted or charged.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: yzgi59

Am I the only one that wonders if Cohen and his family have possibly been threatened? I mean he was basically an arch enemy of the Clintons, then he takes a Clinton lawyer to defend him against the Clinton machine. How much sense does that make?

He is defending himself against the Trump machine. Who better to defend him than a Clinton ally?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He is defending himself against the Trump machine. Who better to defend him than a Clinton ally?

Trump ordered his Grand Jury ?
Trump ordered his lawyer raided ?

Weird, but I see neither Clinton nor Trump being directly involved in it....

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Weird, but I see neither Clinton nor Trump being directly involved in it....

There is the possibility that he is just a crook and because he was associated with trump they stumbled across his many crimes during the investigation.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

No, but now that he has turned state's witness, Trump wants him silenced.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: CrawlingChaos

How is Trump silencing him ? What do you think Trump will do ? Are you accusing him of witness tampering ?

edit on 22-8-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Cohen probably knows that he doesn't need a pardon.

He could be facing jail time, he knows it, but he also knows he has a easy way out, make a deal with the Trump investigation team.

Trump is now in legal jeopardy, its not some "leftist opinion" its just a fact, Cohen has placed Trump in legal jeopardy. Now rightly or wrongly a lot of very powerful folk have it in for Trump and this is just the kind of thing they need to to bite down harder on him. There is a kink in his armour if you like, they are like sharks who have sensed the blood and are going to go in for the kill.

Letting Cohen off with out a custodial sentence for his crimes in return for the dirt that they want on Trump is probably a pretty good deal for all concerned, other than Trump and his associates.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Cohen is probably safer in prison. Turning on Trump probably helped protect his family

Short of vengeance - there's no reason to go after anyone now

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Suuuure it will. Can I quote you on that in a couple of years?

And it's not very tragic for America if you actually care about metrics that measure the overall health of our nation--it is, I suppose, tragic if you only view America through the eyes of ideology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join