It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who can you believe??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Not within my own personal world, but our world all around us. Who can you believe anymore?

Trust is massively important, but we have no trust in government and no trust in media. How can you possibly believe a single word from any of them?

Left vs Right has divided just about every corner of the American society. Politicians make all their campaign promises time and time again. And time and time again, most of us buy into it. To be an independent or a free thinker is chastised from either side as “a vote for the enemy”. When did fellow Americans become “enemies”?

You want to trust our news agencies but they play by the same beat. I’m appalled at the behavior of celebrities, athletes, news anchors and everyone else who sits behind a camera and plays this same game of “divide and conquer”. When did it become so wrong for America to be United?

Is Trump colluding or isn’t he? Is the media on a witch hunt or aren’t they? Is Mueller ever going to finish his investigation or not? Am I a racist, fascist, communist or Nazi? I don’t know anymore. I try to stay neutral and balanced but in doing so...by not picking a blue team or a red team....I’m both of their enemies. Even though I usually feel like the most sane person in the room for wanting the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God, on any particular subject of public concern.

I don’t want political spin. I don’t want it painted blue or red. Why is it that so many have become so entrenched in their corners that the truth of a matter is not demanded. They sit in their conservative tree houses or tune into their liberal news network and that’s all that matters.

America is so vastly divided that it will take something on the scale of WWII to ever have any sense of unity again. We are already at a second civil war of sorts. This time though, it isn't sanctioned by north or south, instead it’s sanctioned by left and right. And here I am, stuck in the middle trying to figure out how the hell we got here and what the truth of everything is.

I need some land and a cabin in the remote wilderness far from the internet to live out the many years I still have on this planet in peace and introverted harmony. Maybe I’ll take a dog with me.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I like where your head is at! As much as you don’t have it figured out you do. If that makes any sense. Sorry only one cup of tea down.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You can believe it if you see it with your own eyes.

I know people that had their own parents lie to them about very important things.

If you can't believe your parents, who can you believe?

I have seen a number of things with my own eyes and read newspaper reports about the events that were simply wrong. Whether they were misleading the public intentionally or they were woefully inept at doing their jobs, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

We are living in the end stages of corruption of this social structure. We are witnessing the self implosion. I have no idea how long it will take for the entire thing to collapse but it will.

You have to learn to trust yourself. You have to learn and utilize your intuitive abilities. The intuition has been downplayed in the current environment. Every social structure has become corrupted, some more so than others. You can not believe any of it any longer.

I did exactly what you intend to do, move away into a country setting. I work at detachment from things I have no control over. I spent too much of my life fretting about things that I don't have control over. Now I grow a garden, grow flowers, paint and take care of my dogs. I am much more peaceful for the effort.

edit on 22-8-2018 by pointessa because: added

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not a single soul. I've tried to. It didn't work out well.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Is Trump colluding or isn’t he? Is the media on a witch hunt or aren’t they? Is Mueller ever going to finish his investigation or not? Am I a racist, fascist, communist or Nazi? I don’t know anymore.

The media will say anything in order to enrage the audience. An enraged audience equals higher ratings. Higher ratings equals money. We don't have news anymore. We have National Enquirer fake news. The media producers only care about making money and nothing else.

I think FDR's 1936 speech at the Democrat National convention pretty much pegs everything that is wrong with our country right now:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

edit on 22-8-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

Absolute authority comes from within. Too many people look for answers "out there". If you see the Buddha on the road kill him.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Not within my own personal world, but our world all around us. Who can you believe anymore?

Trust is massively important, but we have no trust in government and no trust in media. How can you possibly believe a single word from any of them?

Left vs Right has divided just about every corner of the American society. Politicians make all their campaign promises time and time again. And time and time again, most of us buy into it. To be an independent or a free thinker is chastised from either side as “a vote for the enemy”. When did fellow Americans become “enemies”?

You want to trust our news agencies but they play by the same beat. I’m appalled at the behavior of celebrities, athletes, news anchors and everyone else who sits behind a camera and plays this same game of “divide and conquer”. When did it become so wrong for America to be United?

Is Trump colluding or isn’t he? Is the media on a witch hunt or aren’t they? Is Mueller ever going to finish his investigation or not? Am I a racist, fascist, communist or Nazi? I don’t know anymore. I try to stay neutral and balanced but in doing so...by not picking a blue team or a red team....I’m both of their enemies. Even though I usually feel like the most sane person in the room for wanting the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God, on any particular subject of public concern.

I don’t want political spin. I don’t want it painted blue or red. Why is it that so many have become so entrenched in their corners that the truth of a matter is not demanded. They sit in their conservative tree houses or tune into their liberal news network and that’s all that matters.

America is so vastly divided that it will take something on the scale of WWII to ever have any sense of unity again. We are already at a second civil war of sorts. This time though, it isn't sanctioned by north or south, instead it’s samctioned by left and right. And here I am, stuck in the middle trying to figure out how the hell we got here and what the truth of everything is.

I need some land and a cabin in the remote wilderness far from the internet to live out the many years I still have on this planet in peace and introverted harmony. Maybe I’ll take a dog with me.

Remember: it's the same media used to get the messages out...that's called "fake"..by the person depending on the very same outlets to relay his messages...when it suits him.

Therefore...believe no one, trust no one. Welcome to the real world

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Who can you believe??

Me, myself and I !

For the most time, at least...

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

America is so vastly divided that it will take something on the scale of WWII to ever have any sense of unity again. We are already at a second civil war of sorts. This time though, it isn't sanctioned by north or south, instead it’s samctioned by left and right. And here I am, stuck in the middle trying to figure out how the hell we got here and what the truth of everything is.

Remember: it's the same media used to get the messages out...that's called "fake"..by the person depending on the very same outlets to relay his messages...when it suits him.

Therefore...believe no one, trust no one. Welcome to the real world

You’re right. I’ve been awake to this for several years. But it’s become so dramatized and “in your face” 24/7 while the public divide has crossed a line I don’t think it can come back from...that I’m to the point where I’d rather just ignore it all, all the time.

I haven’t had cable or satellite for years. And it was breathtaking to remove all that negativity. But now I can’t grt on the internet anymore without being consumed by the same negativity I escaped from years ago. Like a swamp monster, ferociously and endlessly chasing us with no resolve except complete and total consumption.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Is Trump colluding or isn’t he? Is the media on a witch hunt or aren’t they? Is Mueller ever going to finish his investigation or not? Am I a racist, fascist, communist or Nazi? I don’t know anymore.

The media will say anything in order to enrage the audience. An enraged audience equals higher ratings. Higher ratings equals money. We don't have news anymore. We have National Enquirer fake news. The media producers only care about making money and nothing else.

I think FDR's 1936 speech at the Democrat National convention pretty much pegs everything that is wrong with our country right now:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

Well put!

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There's your answer right there!

That's what we do. Live in Boondocks, America. 10 miles to the nearest gas station in a town with no stoplights and only one stop sign. At night it's actually 'dark', and it's quiet. You can hear the stars, and see the peacefulness. No Harley's, no fire engines, police cars and ambulances screaming by every 5 minutes. Best of all...NO STARBUCKS!

You stand on your own two feet, you suffer your own consequences. You are responsible and not dependent on others, you are self-sufficient. News is what you make it. There is no spin, only reality. Cows generally don't lie. Dogs don't lie. And you know what else? Most of the other people around don't lie either. I hate liars (and thieves). You trespass or steal, you pay (dearly, possibly even with your life).

It's both peace, and piece of mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

There's your answer right there!

That's what we do. Live in Boondocks, America. 10 miles to the nearest gas station in a town with no stoplights and only one stop sign. At night it's actually 'dark', and it's quiet. You can hear the stars, and see the peacefulness. No Harley's, no fire engines, police cars and ambulances screaming by every 5 minutes. Best of all...NO STARBUCKS!

You stand on your own two feet, you suffer your own consequences. You are responsible and not dependent on others, you are self-sufficient. News is what you make it. There is no spin, only reality. Cows generally don't lie. Dogs don't lie. And you know what else? Most of the other people around don't lie either. I hate liars (and thieves). You trespass or steal, you pay (dearly, possibly even with your life).

It's both peace, and piece of mind.

I think we had a discussion in another thread. You used to work the oil fields in central Wyoming right?

I think being from Wyoming helped make me be so independent in today’s world. It’s like you said, in the wild places like that, you are dependent to yourself. You have to be one with your natural surroundings. I truly do miss that.

My wife and I are building a house in Ohio. 30 miles or so from Cincinnati. For now, it’s relatively secluded from the busy world. No interstates nearby, no power lines, very little traffic . But in 10 years I’m sure all that will consume the area as Cincinnati expands eastward.

I envy your position in life. If I remember right, you earned it. Every roughneck who spends their life on the rigs deserves it.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

While I do agree with the sentiment, some parents are just not good people. That some parents are awful, abusive and untrustworthy doesn't mean that everyone else out there is unworthy of being trusted or are also bad people.

Someone who is not even remotely related to you can step up and be a wonderful part of your life and fill that parental role.

Really sucks that some bio-parents are just unfit to raise children, but there are many good people still out there that can be trusted.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I just don’t see things as Left vs Right as much as I do people that want to tell others how to live and people that prefer personal liberty. Both left and right can be asshole authoritarians as they both want to tell others what to do.

Trust people that mind their own business.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

America is so vastly divided that it will take something on the scale of WWII to ever have any sense of unity again.

That type of unity usually doesn't have positive results for some people who resist the form of nationalism and patriotism that was so prevalent in the US during WW II:

First Amendment Champions

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Trust is real thing.
The question isn't so much who can you trust
but who should you trust.

new topics

top topics

join