It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review..."Crazy Rich Asians"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sort of a Cinderella in Singapore, cute little story and if you are a fan of bad acting, this is a film for you...
However the locations, lifestyle glimpse of the super rich, and beautiful women should be enough to keep you mildly entertained.
But the scrip was so contrived and stupid, characters just placed in the film for lame comedic relief and a goofy attempt at hipness.

Basically a romantic comedy that will do very well with the netflix and hulu generation.

edit on 19-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

im stoked
michelle yeoh
constance wu
awkwafina

works for me

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

They seem to have been hyping the crap out of this one. Honestly it doesn't look all that interesting to me.

I'll watch the first 20 minutes on Netflix and turn it off....

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Basically a romantic comedy that will do very well with the netflix and hulu generation.

because the romantic comedies of your generation were so deep and epic and well-acted?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

because the romantic comedies of your generation were so deep and epic and well-acted?

Go see "Crazy Rich Asians" then get back to me with your impressions.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Been hearing the buzz looking fwd to viewing it..

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thought you'd have a link to the trailer,.......don't expect me to to it for myself

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
Thought you'd have a link to the trailer,.......don't expect me to to it for myself

The trailer looks good. The film didn't live up to the trailer however....

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've seen a few commercials on TV for it. A 30 second spot was enough for me, looked absolutely horrible. It was like getting hit in the face with a 20 pound bag of stupid, actually had to get up and walk it off.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Go see "Crazy Rich Asians" then get back to me with your impressions.

i'm not much of a romantic comedy fan to begin with, i'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is not my style of movie.

And i am loath to buy into idenity politics.

But.....

Hey, good for a studio for putting out a predominantly asian movie thats not a matial arts movie (btw martial arts movies are friggin awesome)

I don think that sometimes things like that at least can reach a different audience.

Not the most important thing in the world to me, and it can definitely go overboard.

But hey, the idea seems ok to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don think that sometimes things like that at least can reach a different audience. 

And studio excs generally agree , but at the same time they trained the world that movies with majority Euro-American caste should be enjoyed by all, after all once we get passed what the caste looked like, a great story is a great story, how many times have I binged watched LOR, or Brave Heart, I think when studio execs stepped out of their comfort zone and tells a great story it have unifying effect on all as we recognize the same story in us all.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It has a typical love story, but overall it is quite good and humorous.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hey, good for a studio for putting out a predominantly asian movie thats not a matial arts movie (btw martial arts movies are friggin awesome)

martial arts movies are bad ass and even though i want so see this, The Joy Luck Club will own this in every way

top topics

join