It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Astonishing Electron Microscope Pictures In The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I stumbled on this video today and thought ATS might appreciate it too. The video title is "Top 10 Most Astonishing Electron Microscope Pics In The World" but there are more than 10 pictures. I hope some of you enjoy it as much as I did.

Spoiler alert: There are a few creepy-crawlies in there with their own creepy-crawlies beauty too, hang in there.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow!

Fascinating and freaky! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nice find, Thanks.

I like the virus, gotta be an interplanetary nano lander sent here to destroy us.

Look at that thing!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

My favs:
The chicken embryo

The end of the squid suckers (looks like the giant plant from Little Shop of Horrors)

The crack in steel (looks like the Grand Canyon)

The virus (looks like the aliens from the 2016 movie Arrival with Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner)

The covering of the moth looks like some of the particles seen in dust - which is not surprising, I guess:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies guys. The 2 that got me were chalk and plankton. Chalk I could understand kinda after it said it was chalk but plankton was weird. It looks like a Pokemon character or something from some kind of video game.
edit on 18/8/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typos!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That explains it, it's Phage!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

The crack in steel looks like the cliffs of a crater on Mars.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Nice find, Thanks.

I like the virus, gotta be an interplanetary nano lander sent here to destroy us.

Look at that thing!

I see your bacteriophage, and raise you Star Trek's Tholians:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Eeeewwww Light... that vid will give me nightmares. Those dustmites look scary.. and I need to dust 😆

Interesting find , Light... thanks for sharing 👍🏼

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That was cool - thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why is it that some of the tiniest creatures on the planet like the flea etc are the ugliest scariest critters around?
Except for the zebrafish embryos....those 2 looked like a beagle puppy and a daschund!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That was the longest top ten list ever!

Anyways the tardigrade is still the coolest. Looks like such a fake and imagined organism

edit on 18-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The tardigrade looks like a space explorer, that never disappoints. Did you see the one near the beginning showing a tardigrade in suspended animation or whatever. I had never see that one before, all folded up like. They always show the tardigrade when it is thriving.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

The tardigrade looks like a space explorer, that never disappoints. Did you see the one near the beginning showing a tardigrade in suspended animation or whatever. I had never see that one before, all folded up like. They always show the tardigrade when it is thriving.

I want a pet tardigrade the size of a cat!

I was surprised to see that plankton looks like a dodecahedron??? Perhaps they used the wrong text with the wrong slide there.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble with rodents!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Makes me think about all the synthetic stuff we create and how it affects the micro biotic world.

I´m sure it affects them on some level and with that comes adaption.

Also, tardigrades look like diving suits for aliens..

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

WOW! That was amazing, thanks!!

It's creepy to see cancer cells because it seems easy to understand how they spread so quickly; the little alien tendrils just creep out and grab more, just like every freaky late-nite sci-fi movie we've seen.

*shudders*

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

LOL @ Diving suits for aliens!

I agree about synthetics and their danger to the environment. It's time to help plastic get recycled, apparently some interesting things are on the way. Robots to collect plastic from the sea, special enzymes that "eat" plastic and make some other substance instead. I've seen nature clips of lions and polar bears playing with plastic in the wild. It has it's uses but how it ends up in the ocean is just awful. Or in the Arctic or the Serengeti plains.

a reply to: argentus

Indeed. The cancer cells were just nasty. The Thing (original movie with Kurt Russell) would be my best guess.
It looks dangerous and scary. Quite apt I suppose.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Think I'll go throw out my toothbrush.

Ew.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join