It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Blowing Wind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In my life, I have dabbled in many religions and sects of religions. I absolutely love the esoteric and even the occult. Eastern, western, whatever. But I've noticed something strange and want to know if others have felt this. Whether it be a state I'm in, or a trance-like experience, maybe even a lucid dream, I have this distinct feeling.

I feel like I'm not myself, but I also get the physical sensation of blowing wind. This will happen often when I'm indoors with no windows open. I engage people in conversation with an uncharacteristic confidence and don't seem to miss a beat. I've had friends explain it to me as me being in some kind of zone in which I can manipulate anyone to do what I will, almost as if I can see the future. It's odd, and it's unconscious. Like an out of body experience.

It's almost as if I can feel something otherworldly entering me and controlling me. I feel like the devil. It's powerful. I actually really like the feeling.

Sometimes I'll even feel raindrops. Once I was in my studio with my kitten and I started feeling rain. There were literal drops of water on my arms and my cat even reacted to being wet. I checked my windows thinking they must be open and it must be raining and windy, but that wasn't the case. Immediately afterwards I experienced a strong wind upon my back and checked the ceiling fan, but it was off.

Has anyone else experienced this "wind" and if so what was happening? I'm very interested in this and have heard of the phenomenon before but not before researching it. I have dozens of stories of this, and the events that take place around those feelings are often bizarre. I can tell many more if anyone is actually interested.

-nom
edit on 17-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: BTW I love you

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The wind carries the mysteries of life,
includes its curse,
and fortunes,
a dream to some
and nightmare to others!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I'm not sure what that's from but it literally sent a chill up my spine. I wish to find others who have experienced this, as it's been a recurring thing for me for many years.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
'Positive Schizophrenia' is a term that's rarely used but that's effectively what it is. Hyper-sensory to the point of hallucinations interpreted from an optimistically engaged perspective, instead of anxiety and fear.

My advice is to quit or at the least take a step (or 3 or 4) back from whatever vices or ill recreations you entertain yourself with, take pause and reflect on just how much you're enjoying your imagination right now, and be thankful.

This is a common ride you're on, it's a psycho roller-coaster called the 'Wonderkill'... and that's not just a clever name.
edit on 17-8-2018 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

I appreciate the advice, honestly. It's a note I'd make to someone else for sure. I've been to quite a few psychiatrists. I'm not schizophrenic. I don't do drugs. I don't take prescriptions. I rarely drink. This started decades ago. I'm not paranoid, I'm not any of whatever is considered schizophrenic, and that's backed by 5 separate psychiatrists now.

Thanks for your concern, truly, but this really isn't on the mark.
edit on 17-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I appreciate the advice, honestly. It's a note I'd make to someone else for sure. I've been to quite a few psychiatrists. I'm not schizophrenic. I don't do drugs. I don't take prescriptions. I rarely drink. This started decades ago. I'm not paranoid, I'm not any of whatever is considered schizophrenic, and that's backed by 5 separate psychiatrists now.

Thanks for your concern, truly, but this really isn't on the mark.

Sure seems like a lot of attempts to convince and verify for someone w nothing wrong. And a lot of psychiatrists

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

This site used to have interesting people on it. I guess that died.

This is a regiment of psychiatrists over the course of 20 years and 3 different towns. 2 we're from the same office but had scheduling issues. Anything to add about the topic? You know I'm not the first to experience this phenomenon? Of course not.... Piss right the f off.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Instead of finding your sixth psychiatrist.
Find a place with trees
and look for one that
seems familiar somehow
Thhe make touch with it.
Confess then your guilty transgressions
to it.
And then ask it show you new direction.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ok, well I'm officially a bit disappointed in this community. If anyone actually wants to discuss the phenomenon of unwarranted winds, I guess lemme know. I'll draft up a report tomorrow as long as the rest of the thread doesn't devolve into mudpit-esque ridicule and BS.

Thanks for reading.

-nom

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Alright, you want to know what the strange wind is? I will give your a straightforward answer to that.

Your naturally a conduit for it and it gives you guidance and wisdom. Its another voice in you and has a echo which feels unsettling; as it is reinforcing, as for example gives the uncharacteristic confidence. There is no need to go against it as that is like swimming against a tide. So you use it and go with its flow wherever it is taking you, because it is the force that is determining you fate. Everyone has a force that is directs there fate but it comes in different effects, and for you its the strange wind.

There I wrote your report for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I've given up relating the endless BS I have had for this exact same reason. Another poster on here feels it's their job to jump on stuff like this and play the schizophrenia card like an ace in the hole.

Every last one of us cannot be insane all the time.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I don't feel as if this phenomenon gives me guidance. I feel as though it might dictate my bahaviors at times, but rarely. Pets respond strangely when it occurs before/if I act on it. While I don't believe it determines my fate, I have gone through some seemingly impossible situations, sometimes while it's occuring. And while I appreciate the "report" I was talking about historical accounts.

-nom
edit on 18-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Thank you. It's the paranormal forum after all. I know I'm sane, and so do my doctors, family, and employers. I try to discuss something odd that hasn't really been discussed on a forum that constantly complains about lack of non-political content, and here we are.

But like I said, I'll do some research tomorrow and post some of the historical accounts of this phenomenon. Hopefully that will spark some discussion.

-nom
edit on 18-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Ok, well I'm officially a bit disappointed in this community. If anyone actually wants to discuss the phenomenon of unwarranted winds, I guess lemme know. I'll draft up a report tomorrow as long as the rest of the thread doesn't devolve into mudpit-esque ridicule and BS.

Thanks for reading.

-nom

So youre upset because people didnt respond how you wanted them to?

Try using your wind on them, like what you claim in the OP

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
All flowing rivers have forks and branches. The feeling you get sometimes the wind is dictating your behaviour is because it letting you make the choice, at these junctions. In this way it guides your fate but ultimately you decide the course. The four elements earth, wind, fire and water. That yours is the wind makes you naturally a flexible and open minded person. This is why you love the esoteric and even the occult and will happily go with eastern, western, or whatever; as you describe.
A person who becomes completely attached to the wind can be drawn down a path to becoming a practioner of magic, e.g. scorcerer or witch. There in which their actions will be based on a system of rules which are very strange compared with standard rules of society. Pets such as cats, owls, dogs etc are very receptive to what their owners feel. They can tell what the person is feeling, while the brain wants to cloud the feeling to maintain the logical structure which keeps the physical description of the world rigid.

I am not saying you are or will become a practicer of magic, what I am saying is the people who seek to become magicians deliberately seek to become one with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Great post!

So this “wind” you feel, I’ve felt it as well. I usually get it during meditation or when I’m doing spiritual or metaphysical activities. It can give you a bit of a god complex, so control it before it controls you. It’s just a “higher self” experience. As for the rain, I don’t know about that, but I have witnessed clouds form indoors during rituals and other times of high psychic/spiritual activity.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Your haunted. Ive had this too during attacks on me.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ive had an experience like this before, except I dont remember any 'wind'

I was 16 or so, had just gotten out of a 60 day inpatient program for admitting to a court that I smoked weed and drank extra strength robitussin on occasion. Its 2002 after all.

I was on paxil at the time. Prescribed while in the facility. My memories of this time are cloudy, and encompass the entire year or so I was on this stuff, which makes the following experience very frustrating.

Id been 'free' for a couple weeks to a month. Id also found "god" after a handful of serendipitous events, mostly this whole theme of being as honest as possible about everything, and generally just having a relationship with a higher power.

I remember the feeling you described as almost being able to predict the future. I could all but 'see' the way energy would flow between people as they experienced their struggles or joy. It was as if the drama and interplay of people's desires and emotions were 100% transparent to me, so much so that it was like I said I could basically see the emotion as visible ribbons or clouds.

Very bizarre, but the result of this ability led to the kind of power you describe. I could have perfect empathy, or know exactly how complicated social interactions would play out minutes in advance. Kinda reminded me of the way Donny Darko could see that black watery ribbon of future potential guiding him...

The whole thing didn't last very long from what i can remember. I think it ended when I had my first drink or puff, or as i started a relationship with my next girlfriend. Might have only been a couple weeks, but the whole time it was like i was observing myself being myself similar to how you described.

Was it aspiritual experience, or was it drug induced, or was it from the lack thereof? Im still not sure
Good luck
edit on 8182018 by JRedBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

'Positive Schizophrenia' is a term that's rarely used but that's effectively what it is. Hyper-sensory to the point of hallucinations interpreted from an optimistically engaged perspective, instead of anxiety and fear.

The wind is invisible yet clearly effects the forest in ways that can be shared and can be expressed by remote observers.
Huge example of this was the wind from the Tunguska event in 1908.

Up close the effects are not universally shared yet we know when a tree falls in a forest it does make a noise so you can't claim a witness was psychotic.

How about "a trusty cell mate word" like "Quantanamo" to describe it?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You should record these events on paper and write what the situation was when it happened.

Maybe we more details could help us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join