It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MN Vikings US Bank Stadium Hosting an Animal Sacrifice Festival on21,22 Aug- Super EID For Muslims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

There is a difference between survival and ritual. Hunting for deer has nothing to do with sacrifice. People hunt for many reasons, camaraderie, sport, to relax and be in the woods, get away from the wife, work, the meat you get from the deer is a bonus. Killing an animal for a religious belief is dumb. In fact, religion is dumb.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Well I have no problem with anything that provides comfort to another, be it a nice morning in the woods hunting a deer or someone killing an animal while praying and then eating the meat.

Every deer hunter I know and that's a lot of people enjoy some sort of ritual both before and after a successful hunt.

The ritual killing during this ceremony is no different than other rituals like communion, symbolically consuming the body of christ or a hunter eating the raw liver of a freshly killed deer, or the heart, or painting their face with deer blood to celebrate that first kill.

It is the exact same thing which has been practiced by Christians and Muslims for centuries. Religion brings comfort to some and hunting brings comfort and a calming to many.

I know a lot of hunters that attend special church services for a successful season. I also know a lot of hunters who only hunt for sport, and never consume the meat but instead donate it.

I don't know many people that go to a BBQ and prayer meeting and don't eat, but maybe they are out there. We are surrounded by rituals so don't let that scare you, it's normal, except maybe eating the raw liver of a deer just killed, that's kind of odd in my opinion, but if it gives somebody comfort.

And just to clarify, the ritual as practiced is an end to 30 days of fasting, the animal killed is for consumption. It is not killed for religion purposes and left for rot but for consuming after a 30 day fasting period. The ritual performed is basically the same as Christians praying before serving a meal.

www.americanhunter.org...

edit on 8/17/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join