It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Griswald Vacation 100% Proof - You Should See This

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Maybe whoever released the DVD's had #ty editors for their blurbs on the back?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Much like God, can you say certainly 100% it ain’t??

My apologies. A later post by you confirms that you’re not here to belittle or antagonize. Actually much in the vein of previous ATS, you’re simply posting and asking the question.

Thank you for not only another interesting OP, but thoughtful responses subsequently. Kudos

edit on 16-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I always blame the mandela effect when stupid web sites get my password wrong. My memory is 100% pristine, so it has to be something relating to something in the bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StreetGlide

originally posted by: StreetGlide
It's not my area of expertise, but given the nature of an alleged Mandela Affect, wouldn't the text on your photo example have changed as well?

Well - that's a good question (star)..

I found out about the Griswald ME last night.

I took the photo this morning (with the post-it).

The other images are found on the web and are known as "residue", but that doesn't only apply to web-things - it's also tangibles. For instance, a lot of people remember "There's a snake in my boot!" from Toy Story - now it's changed to 'There's a snake in my boots!' (plural, must be a chopped up snake) - but someone found an official toy where you pull the string and it has the old quote from Hanks. There's a few things like that for "Luke I am your father" too, not to mention the actors repeating that phrase (but it's always been "No, I am your father").

For some reason, bulk text changes (including in images), but titles and bylines are not (eg: a caption). Why it works that way I don't know - but folks on here have said it's because different people write different portions and they suck at their jobs, to include the final proof-reader(s).

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I just wish the Mandela effect had been known back when I was in school. I could have blamed most of my spelling/grammar errors on it and claimed that the way it was in my paper was actually correct in my original timeline.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You know.. i wonder if this is why I and a few other family members have been seeing doppelgangers. My DH saw a woman and a child who looked just like me and my son. They looked at him and they kept on driving. They were even in the same car. He thought it was me but it was not. I was at home. I've had my few run in-s with similar beings. I do think something strange is happening...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

There are a number of potential answers:-

Parallel reality's are merging and the combination reality made up of several different reality's is not seamless so fragments from those other reality's are still present hence we remember thing's as being different because for us they really were, differences in the bible, the sky being actually blue and the sun a golden yellow, different small thing's and some not so small.

We were all abducted by aliens whom wanted to colonize our world, they have law's related to human treatment of other species especially sentient life and so placed us into a star trek like simulation of reality which is imperfect.

We are copies of ourselves, perfect in almost every way and placed into a simulated world, perhaps as some kind of amusement park for vastly more advanced alien's or even our own descendant's - or a species/intelligence which has superseded us but due to it's imperfections OR it's own deliberate actions many of us are aware of the dissonance in our apparent reality.

Or we are all just crazy folk and the rational guy that say's so is the only person in the world because his rational reality is the only one that is real - just not for us.

And a whole load of other far out there answers.

What I can say is that Cern certainly did not start this but for me changed in MY perception of reality began about 1993, before I had head injury's later on so definitely not related to that.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You may as well go shout in a hole, for all the good it'll do. I've been a nexus of freaky schlitz- and it's not because "I'm a wooful, or have I done anything (to myself) to get myself in that mess- and an ME that'd make your eyebrows fly off. What do I get? "you're schizo/ taking drugs/ lying through your teeth".

I'm starting to feel that the deniers are there because that is their role. You won't shake them or their faith.

I was *not* much into MEs until I had one I cannot explain, and still can't. I finally gave up trying.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hey Pearj, I know you get a lot of crap for posting this ME stuff, but keep doing it. Skunk works is for exactly this. If people don't like it, too bad! You don't need to post "proof" here so I'm sure some of the responses get tiring.

Regarding the OP, I remember it as "Griswold" but you have raised some good points. The ME is a weird thing, and I've had some personal experiences with it myself. Something does feel ...off.

We ARE living in weird times with or without ME being real or not. Something isn't right. Just don't stop posting. The crowd can be harsh around here but who cares. You put this in the right forum.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

We are copies of ourselves, perfect in almost every way and placed into a simulated world, perhaps as some kind of amusement park for vastly more advanced alien's or even our own descendant's

This is the sh$ittiest amusement park I've ever been in.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've followed the ME stuff for years and am drawn to read about the latest 'findings'.

But at the same time I will say that I'm completely unconvinced and do not believe there is such a thing as a ME. It's more like a meme that got outta control...

I enjoy the fun though usually. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels

What the actual F!!

Ok - that's badass - you should seal that in plastic and keep it out of the sun.

Can I ask you some questions about it?

1. Is it a knock-off or an official release?

2. If it was kept in a box, what else is in that box? Is there a Bible in there? A toy plane or Bernstein book? The movie "Somewhere In Time" or anything with Christopher Reeves? Anything showing the US Capital Bldg, or listing president's names? Is there any kind of map in there????

3. How did you come to own it? How long have you had it? If someone gave it to you, are they in your bloodline? Are you 100% confident it's not been tampered with?

4. Are you an Effected person, an anti-ME person, a neutral person, or don't know enough on the subject to decide? Is today the first time you've heard about the Mandela Effect?

5. Have you noticed any strange events in the room where the movie is kept?

6. At some point was that movie in transit (moving with you in any way, not stationary in space)? Especially around 2007 or 2012? Did you take a trip where you flew around '07 or '12?

7. Do you have a Bible? Do you own any maps?

8. What other movies do you have? Jaws, Star Wars, Star Trek, Superman, Sex In The City seasons, Disney stuff etc.., or any official memorabilia, etc..

9. Did you photoshop the image? I've poured over it, and it doesn't look like it - but I gotta ask. If you did, that's ok; we'll all have a good laugh - but let's be straight about it now. Are you the YouTube user 'FunkyFatHead'?

Thank you again!! That's the first time I've seen a changed item unchanged with my own two eyes - freakin' fantastic!

My old world may be in your storage box - don't disappear on me, keep talking - it's important!

Edit to add: By "any maps" I mean a map, an atlas or a globe - even a silhouette or impression.

ETA2: ...or anything with info about the JFK assassination, ..or anything thing with info about Hitler (eg: encyclopedias)

edit on 16-8-2018 by Pearj because: gone to soldiers everyone

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels

What the actual F!!

Ok - that's badass - you should seal that in plastic and keep it out of the sun.

Can I ask you some questions about it?

1. Is it a knock-off or an official release?

2. If it was kept in a box, what else is in that box? Is there a Bible in there? A toy plane or Bernstein book? The movie "Somewhere In Time" or anything with Christopher Reeves? Anything showing the US Capital Bldg, or listing president's names? Is there any kind of map in there????

3. How did you come to own it? How long have you had it? If someone gave it to you, are they in your bloodline? Are you 100% confident it's not been tampered with?

4. Are you an Effected person, an anti-ME person, a neutral person, or don't know enough on the subject to decide? Is today the first time you've heard about the Mandela Effect?

5. Have you noticed any strange events in the room where the movie is kept?

6. At some point was that movie in transit (moving with you in any way, not stationary in space)? Especially around 2007 or 2012? Did you take a trip where you flew around '07 or '12?

7. Do you have a Bible? Do you own any maps?

8. What other movies do you have? Jaws, Star Wars, Star Trek, Superman, Sex In The City seasons etc.., or any official memorabilia, etc..

9. Did you photoshop the image? I've poured over it, and it doesn't look like it - but I gotta ask. If you did, that's ok; we'll all have a good laugh - but let's be straight about it now. Are you the YouTube user 'FunkyFatHead'?

Thank you again!! That's the first time I've seen a changed item unchanged with my own two eyes - freakin' fantastic!

My old world may be in your storage box - don't disappear on me, keep talking - it's important!

You need to start considering the possibility that there is no such thing as a Mandela Effect.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

originally posted by: wylekat

You may as well go shout in a hole, for all the good it'll do. I've been a nexus of freaky schlitz- and it's not because "I'm a wooful, or have I done anything (to myself) to get myself in that mess- and an ME that'd make your eyebrows fly off. What do I get? "you're schizo/ taking drugs/ lying through your teeth".

I'm starting to feel that the deniers are there because that is their role. You won't shake them or their faith.

I was *not* much into MEs until I had one I cannot explain, and still can't. I finally gave up trying.

I thought you were an outspoken anti-ME'er? Does someone else have the same profile image as you?

I too have wondered if they even have a choice, or if they're operating on instinct alone. Also, with how fast they attack the subject it looks suspicious - like they're working, or have a job to do (trying to bury it).

I have never seen a topic that makes unprovoked people so hateful. It stands out as unusual to say the least.

What was your ME breaking point (item)? You aren't alone, whatever it was, I probably share the same memory as you!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No photoshop done, it's just the official Warner Home Video release from the 80's. Nothing else to it
But thanks to your post I never knew they used two different spellings of the last name.
edit on 16-8-2018 by SlapTheGinkels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
You need to start considering the possibility that there is no such thing as a Mandela Effect.

I started off considering there was no such thing as the Mandela Effect two years ago.

..I grew to where I am today by a series of personally identifiable events.

The Mandela Effect is very real.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I started off considering there was no such thing as the Mandela Effect two years ago.

..I grew to where I am today by a series of personally identifiable events.

The Mandela Effect is very real.

You are convinced it is "real" so therefore twist all facts to suit your theory, a critical error in judgment.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

See, the issue is you can't have it both ways. In the original concept of ME, things like Bearenstain was remembered as Bearanstien, but all the facts and evidence has been altered. Every book, every video, every internet reference. In your case, there is clear proof that some spots missed the spelling and likely weren't checked. If it was real ME, there would be no proof, just your infallible memory.

It's a fun distraction, but when you take it too far, it seems like the kind of thing that make folks nuts. Keep your sanity sport. It's all you really have.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yeah you misremembered this.

Its ALWAYS been Griswold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join