It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Griswald Vacation 100% Proof - You Should See This

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My wife and I are huge fans of the National Lampoon Vacation series - we own them all and have watched them countless times..
We quote the Griswalds all the time, play Holiday Road at the start of every road trip, etc.. Needless to say we're very familiar with the films.

Hold on to your hats..

The Griswalds never existed - they have always been the Griswolds.

(Link to full size image above to see the Griswold text better.)

There's lots of residue.. way to much to post here.

A pattern with the Mandela Effect is to change text, but not titles and bylines..

..and that's where this proof comes in - from the movie itself:
Furthermore, the credits list each individual actor as a Griswald.

Consider a minimum of 20 people on set - surely someone would of noticed the "misspelling" throughout countless takes..

What about the set designers? They had to build the letter "A" (can't be a typo)..

What about the continuity workers during production and editing - that's a pretty glaring 'mistake'.

All those people... and no one noticed?

Here's a video showing the Griswald proof (starts at 15 seconds in - note caption also says Griswald).
Also, we remember the show as just "Pig In A Poke", now it's "A Pig In A Poke".

It's the only film in the series that "mistakes" their name as the Griswalds.

It only happens on the Pig In A Poke set and the rolling credits for that film.

There's no explanation I could find to explain why.

The back of the DVD lists them as the Griswolds - all other associated text lists them as the Griswolds.

You can explain it away if it makes you more comfortable - but to us it's a proof of supreme quality.

Everywhere you look, they've always been the Griswolds..

But is this the first time you've seen the Griswold spelling associated with the Vacation films?

edit on 16-8-2018 by Pearj because: a penny saved is a penny earned.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you would have asked me to spell it before this thread I would not have known A or O for sure.

I am also very familiar with the movies.
edit on 16-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Yeah your right, a misspelled last name from a movie series is the 100% proof I need to believe that parallel universes are merging.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

100% proof of mis-spellings.

Or....Mandela is getting sloppy and his plan to fake his death twice, and take over the world by changing mundane items in pop culture would have worked if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It's a single letter spelling issue. I just can't buy into the ME for this reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone remember a few years back they said earth was entering some kind of interstellar space cloud ?

Anyway seems like its about the same time frame as M.E. Guess ill google it...

Our Solar System Is Entering A Potentially Dangerous Interstellar Energy Cloud

principia-scientific.org...
edit on 16-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I work in TV and Film. I have been on over 100 sets. You would be surprised how many errors occur. When watching a show, TV or film, when you are watching 1 or 2 actors doing dialog together, if you turned the camera around, you might see more than 50 people there working.

The thing is, there is so much going on that you don't see. So many people doing so many different jobs all at the same time. It is almost impossible to get everything perfect. Continuity is the toughest thing to keep when shooting. Unless it's a huge mistake, things just get through to the final cut. It's just the nature of filming.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
ME or not, S&F for reminding of this gem:

Not that it matters, but it was always “Griswold” in my timeline

ETA: In the above clip Clark is wearing a blackhawks sweater with “Griswold”.
edit on 16-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: ETA

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Star for civility (and thanks for the input - I also love that scene).

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: jjkenobi

Because these questions come up in every thread..

..and directly applies to "It's just a letter change" - and "universes merging" comments above:

- Why don't you address the cause of the Mandela Effect?
Because I don't know the cause. To say I did would be dishonest. If pressed, my best guess would be it's supernatural (God), based on multiple Biblical key-points - but these threads aren't about a cause, they're about the change noted in the OP.

- Only small things I don't care about are affected..
The Bible is not a small thing. South America is not a small thing, etc.. A change to reality in any way is not a small thing.

- Reality can't change! Extra dimensions / multiple universes don't exist!
Double-Slit, Superposition and Quantum Computing disagree. You'll want to direct your debate towards science, not me.

- You don't have any proof!
The SkunkWorks forum doesn't require proof - though the knowledge and testimony of a large portion of the population shouldn't be discounted in my opinion. There could be a good reason (beyond memory, mnemonics and typos) as to why so many people remember an instance the exact same way.

- You're obsessed with the ME!
I've said many times I'm interested in talking to / informing other Effected people. This could be the biggest thing to happen to humanity since Christ walked the Earth - and I'm Effected; so yes, I have a strong interest in it.

- Why won't you stop posting Mandela Effects!
Why should I? I mean, I know it's common sense - but why do you click on things that agitate you?

- Why won't you admit memory is fallible?
I've said memory is fallible many times. In fact, I just said it again.. but we aren't talking about fleeting things, We're talking about saturated things - things we see, hear, use or do frequently in our lives. That repetition becomes knowledge.

- You refuse to admit you're wrong!
I point out the current state of reality as it applies to the change in the OP in every OP, and have never disagreed that the current state is the current state.

- Why don't you respond to me? The OP won't discuss it!
I've said many times I'm happy to talk about the change in the OP - but you're more often referring to your opinion of a cause, which isn't the topic I posted. I've also said many times if a post begins with "In my timeline.." I skip it, and the 'usual suspects' have me calloused, so I skip them too.. It's your privilege to post and my privilege to ignore it.. Good communication requires civility (despite the new nature of ATS, I'm not here to argue) and so you have the keys to invoke a response, it's your choice to use it.

For good measure, I should note (again) I only post ME's that I'm confident I have a strong memory or knowledge about.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I appreciate teh M E threads and flag most of them..

Its a fun read.. Better than politics. Keep posting them.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

We live in an imperfect world. Do this test for yourself. Yesterday I was driving down a major street in Toronto. I was stopped at a red light. I looked to my left and across the street there was a family clothing store. Above the store there was a huge sign, 20x3 feet in size. The sign read." Clothes For All Family." Now how did that get through?

The thing is, if you're not looking for it, you most likely won't see it. But now that I have said it, next time you are in any downtown area of a big city, just look at how many stores either have their signs spelled wrong, or using bad grammar. Or temporary signs that are wrong, the temp signs are almost always wrong English.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just checked my copies of the first three films that I own on Betamax, VHS tapes and even my Laserdiscs and the first two films are "Griswalds". Christmas Vacation and Vegas Vacation it is spelled "Griswolds", never noticed that before.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbuck799

I work in TV and Film. I have been on over 100 sets. You would be surprised how many errors occur. When watching a show, TV or film, when you are watching 1 or 2 actors doing dialog together, if you turned the camera around, you might see more than 50 people there working.

The thing is, there is so much going on that you don't see. So many people doing so many different jobs all at the same time. It is almost impossible to get everything perfect. Continuity is the toughest thing to keep when shooting. Unless it's a huge mistake, things just get through to the final cut. It's just the nature of filming.

I have some experience working with movie houses, and am known on creative cow. I used to build the archive-to-tape boxes. In fact, the same shows you've worked on probably still use the code I wrote on the boxes I built to archive.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

- Why don't you address the cause of the Mandela Effect?
Because I don't know the cause. To say I did would be dishonest. If pressed, my best guess would be it's supernatural (God), based on multiple Biblical key-points ...

You create your past from the present. If you create a past that has MEs, then you are laying "signposts" down to remind you of who you really are (a Creator).

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: Starbuck799

I have some experience working with movie houses, and am known on creative cow. I used to build the archive-to-tape boxes. In fact, the same shows you've worked on probably still use the code I wrote on the boxes I built to archive.

If it was shot in Toronto, you're probably right. There is a huge TV and film industry up here.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Crappy memory is 100% proof of some sort of dimensional shift?

Griswold is an old family name, been around for ages.
At one point that was a brand of quality cast iron cookware.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels
I just checked my copies of the first three films that I own on Betamax, VHS tapes and even my Laserdiscs and the first two films are "Griswalds". Christmas Vacation and Vegas Vacation it is spelled "Griswolds", never noticed that before.

You are saying you have hard-copies of the other films listing them as Griswalds?

May I ask if it's not to much trouble to post a pic of the Griswald ones?

Mine all say Griswolds (including EU) - and I couldn't find anything other than Griswolds regardless of format.

Star and thank you for considering the request!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's not my area of expertise, but given the nature of an alleged Mandela Affect, wouldn't the text on your photo example have changed as well?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Arouet

originally posted by: Arouet
You create your past from the present. If you create a past that has MEs, then you are laying "signposts" down to remind you of who you really are (a Creator).

That's interesting (star)..

I've never heard that side - may I ask you to explain more?

I've been told I'm an "Indigo Child" - I don't go for that kind of stuff so I don't know anything about it - but it sounds like it relates.

Honestly, I don't know and wouldn't mind someone explaining it. You're saying I'm laying down sort of 'notes to myself' in the present that somehow change the past?

If so - can I stop? What kind of control do I have? Would I be affected by other's signposts? There's a lot of other "creators" that all share the same knowledge, shouldn't it be jumbled up?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join