It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in trouble and the worst hasn’t started yet.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: MteWamp
We have that down here, on occasion, but we have a special name for it.

We call it "weather".

Here in the US in Georgia we go through periods of severe drought all the time (at least during my 6+ decades here)
And each time everyone looks at it like it was the first one ever .

Roughly what part of GA do you call home?

I'm in Alabama, about 20 miles west of Rome, GA. Last summer was dry, but 2016 gave 'dry' a whole new meaning. EVERYTHING was just brown. This summer has been really wet, though.

It's always fun to watch Yankees who come through or visit here. You just can't describe the heat and humidity in this part of the country and do it justice. That first time getting out of the car here can be quite the sobering experience if you are not acclimated to it.

I remember once back in the 70s there was an older couple that came through (my Granddad ran a small country store) on their way to Florida, and they remarked that it felt like jumping into a hot-spring.

I love it, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp
"That hot old Georgia sun
Will make you beg for your next breath"
Hank Williams Jr.
He knows Georgia...
Got to learn how to swim in the humidity.

South East of Rome

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Some 12000 to 15000 years ago we were in a full on ice age, now we are in a recession, when we go back to Ice age, we will understand how this works, or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWampHi neighbor. I also live in Georgia and have since my teenage years. Hot is relative. I remember summers that we had high temps in the 100s. This summer we have not had that, and have had a lot of rain. This is not a complaint, because I love it hot. I've traveled the world and there is nowhere else I would rather live. Love the South.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Here in California we have severe droughts all the time,yet people flock here by the millions,and in mid west and plain states they have been flooded,things do not remain the same on a spinning globe

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Dude we have been getting these readings for maybe 40 years and only 20 of which have been able to take precise measurements.

I know this is hard to believe, but the World has survived much much MUCH worse than anything Humans could ever think to throw at it to mess it up. There is water locked beneath us in rock that is far larger than any of the lakes we know of today.

If you Auzzies invested as much time into Desalination plants as you do on beer, gun control, and racing silly make shift Subaru's around, none of this would be an issue.

Chill

At least have the courtesy of reading the post before commenting.He said it was not caused by humans.

And yeah we know we have a thing called weather. The cosmic radiation is still increasing steadily over 160 years...i guess thats just weather causing that, too huh?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

weather and climate have never been steady state, it is far too easy to try to extrapolate a couple of hundred years of climate data and thousands of years of ice core data into a steady state model that ignores 4.5 billion years of weather and climate on earth. We are such smart monkeys........

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with some of the others who have mentioned that the Earths weather has been turbulent and even unpredictable at times for thousands of years. However, when I actually sit down to watch the news and weather I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see that almost half of my country is on fire while the other half is being flooded.

So I live in one of the cities that will eventually be under water. I don't mean like people are guessing or assuming... it's a sure thing. Maybe not in my life-time but sooner or later.

Here's the thing, we can't control the weather. As much as we like to think we can control things, we can't, so why worry?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

At least have the courtesy of reading the post before commenting.He said it was not caused by humans.

You're quite right there. Unfortunately the brainwashing and a lack of a considered opinion have a higher chance of leading to our downfall than most other things.

And yeah we know we have a thing called weather.

And it is strange how people still don't get the difference between weather and climate.

The cosmic radiation is still increasing steadily over 160 years

The odd thing about the cosmic radiation increase is that we don't know if it's increasing because of the diminishing heliosphere & magnetosphere, or whether our solar system is hurtling towards a strong source of interstellar badness.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join