It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona’s parent company is spending $4 billion on Canadian weed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Here's the thing.

GOOD beer must always, and will always be made, because the best beers are not made for money, they are made for the love of the craft. A friend of mine brews his own, purely for the sport of it, you understand. But his brews, for all that they are not created with the intention of making money, are ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING, perfect mixtures of flavour and punch, each note carefully placed within the near musical sensation of drinking his beverages.

What big beer does means relatively little, because beer will always be brewed, regardless of whether anyone is making money from it or not. However, their purchase of this weed business SHOULD be a concern to consumers of cannabis, especially recreational consumers. There is no benefit to consumers of recreational cannabis, to having big corporate entities trying to muscle into a market which should be entirely protected from corporate concerns. The growers, most of whom started out as heavily independent groups, have been in most cases, active in cultivation of the sweet herb, for much longer than it has been legal to do so, out of pure love for the product, and a desire to see people actually enjoy the stuff. The closer things can remain to that situation, the less corporate penetration that the industry can manage to accept, the better.

I would like to think that all of those getting high on recreational cannabis products, are getting high on recreational products created by and for those mad hippies who, but for their craft, would probably be playing a badly tuned acoustic, under an overpass as a day job. That is how it OUGHT to be, and MUST stay, otherwise the corporations will mess with the weed, in the name of profit, and that cannot be permitted. Beer can look after itself, but the weed needs protecting from the paper pushers, both in government, and in business.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
An infused apple cider with cinnamon during the Autumn would be really nice. Or infused green tea. The herb could coast on a lot of those clean, grassy notes. lol. Its ironic because I always find that I need to drink a cold drink so I can cool down my throat.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey Teot,
Here is a little news to go with.
Its from today.

linkasauras

For instance, Tilray shares surged 28.95% on Tuesday on word the company was the first to receive permission to export legal weed to the US; it plans to supply a clinical trial at the University of California at San Diego.

And on Monday, Aurora Cannabis soared more than 15% after a Bloomberg report suggested the cannabis producer was in talks with Coca-Cola to develop beverages infused with the nonpsychoactive compound CBD.

edit on 19-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Check out the train wreck about to happen!!

According to Politico, which first reported the story, the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency said that those working or investing in the marijuana industry will be treated as drug traffickers.

Quartz (qz.com) - Canadians who smoke legal weed—or invest in it—could face a lifetime ban at the US border.

PLUS

TechCrunch.com - Coke eyes cannabis-infused wellness drinks as market for CBD beverages expands.

EQUALS

A mess! I have no idea what my 401K invests in. Cocca-cola may be one. Corona, IDK. How the h3ll would I know? And if I don't know, how will the border patrol???

Popcorn time!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Even govt workers, that work in this area of govt could be barred..pretty dumb if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join