It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Poop Patrol" to clean human feces from SF streets, homelessness ignored, Little India

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott

Maybe because if you're from another country and move to the US you get free housing cars and money with a 7 year tax free no obligation attached to it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: gr8skott
I think this is the groundwork of a great idea that could work if the people in the camps were provided with quality mental health care.

Cool, can we send you the bill??

Here, let me try again. If the government used more of it's finances to provide quality mental health care to American citizens, there would not be so much need to spend money on things like the "war on drugs", welfare, prison systems, and the lot. If people received quality mental health care and became well thus had no need to seek self-medication, they may not end up imprisoned, homeless, and making poor life decisions. Instead they would set great examples for their own kids who will go on to produce generations of well-adjusted citizens.

My point is if the focus changed from "cleaning up" the streets to getting individuals help, the results per dollar would be longer lasting than herding the homeless around the city and power washing their # while ignoring the problem at hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

Maybe because if you're from another country and move to the US you get free housing cars and money with a 7 year tax free no obligation attached to it.

Maybe we should provide the same benefit to our own college graduates.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Necrobile

Cool, do we send you the bill??

Can a person refuse the bill for things they don't like..such as military overspending? they don't even know where that money is going.
E

Exactly. There's money to be spent. They're just making it obvious that the American people aren't who they're trying to raise up by spending it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You're talking to a guy who volunteers to feed the homeless more holidays than not, and makes regular contributions to our local homeless shelter, "The Road Home." I bring my two oldest kids to volunteer as well, because I want them to have compassion and understand that some people have it pretty rough.

I can tell you from up close experience that MANY homeless people choose to be homeless, despite having a place they could go. They don't want to live the same lives that we do. Often times when they drop a deuce on the front porch of a business, it's because they were asked to leave the previous day because they were driving customers away. It's nice that you think you know who the homeless are, but it's clear that you don't have any up close experience other than maybe a very brief, kind act on your part from time to time.

I feel for the homeless, but I also respect the rights of business owners to keep their doors open and attractive to the people who effectively pay their salaries and feed their kids.

edit on 15-8-2018 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Sad but true, and good point regarding the "drug war" 51 billion a year and nothing accomplished..year after year.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
It's nice that you think you know who the homeless are, but it's clear that you don't have any up close experience other than maybe a very brief, kind act on your part from time to time.

Yeah, it's clear that I'm definitely not a person who would know about anything like that. I'm just here pissed off and sputtering through my replies in any attempt to keep this thread afloat and get people to pay attention to this issue because I have absolutely no personal experience with it whatsoever. Please line up behind the other people who give no %&$&s. You must be looking in the mirror, to see the person who knows what it's like because they "VOLUNTEER" and not because they live it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Sad but true, and good point regarding the "drug war" 51 billion a year and nothing accomplished..year after year.

Of course nothing's being accomplished. We haven't cured the disease that's causing the drug addicts to seek self-medication. It's painfully obvious that the government has zero intention to do so and isn't concerned about the well-being of it's citizens, since other governments like Sweden have had great success in changing their approach.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Probably because it wasn't meant to.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

I agree 100%
I suppose it's good for the prison system and LE.
edit on 15-8-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

Excellent post!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I agree 100%
I suppose it's good for the prison system and LE.

The CIA has been known to wet their beaks with a little drug war money from time to time.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Nothing like telling the Country one thing then cyphening their money off to drug lords and corrupt politicians.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Glaringly obvious that they're all in it together when they're more willing to hire people to blast %&$& with water than have an ounce of compassion for people in the streets.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Glaringly obvious that they're all in it together when they're more willing to hire people to blast %&$& with water than have an ounce of compassion for people in the streets.

Japan pays their homeless to take care of sections or blocks. Streets are clean, and homeless are happy to have a few tasks a couple of yen to spend.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yeah and in some areas of theCoutry its illegal to feed them on the street. Pretty # heartless if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

Do you have a source for that? Post a link maybe?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Japan pays their homeless to take care of sections or blocks. Streets are clean, and homeless are happy to have a few tasks a couple of yen to spend.

That makes way more sense to me than hiring a crew to pressure wash the city.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2018 by gr8skott because: delete double post

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Call your local rep or go to a .gov site. I thought everyone knew that? Sorry don't have to to go jogging for you right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join