It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have osteoarthritis in my back and CBD oil takes the pain away and leaves my head clear.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Careful...CBD oil and Hemp oil are different. Only patronize reputable dispensaries.

Yes and no.

Some strains of hemp contain higher levels of CBD while still retaining infinitesimally small amounts of THC; A full-spectrum critical Co2 extraction of the plant could be considered both hemp oil and CBD oil.

The confusion sets in when people see 'hemp oil' in their local health food shop assuming it's whole-plant extract, when in reality it's simply cold-pressed hemp seed oil, which doesn't contain those same beneficial cannabinoids, terpenoids, flavonoids etc.

It's mentioned below that some CBD oils use cold-pressed hemp seed oil as a carrier, this to me is a scam. In fact, this is happening locally and after years of my hard work and dedication to the cause it really kind of snips me off.

Here's the scam; Take plentiful and cheap hemp seed oil, buy isolated CBD crystals, mix them together, and voila - CBD oil for which you can charge a small fortune.

As I've mentioned above, TRUE oil is a complete whole-plant extract containing all of the beneficial and therapeutic compounds necessary for the entourage effect to take hold (that's a different thread).

My apologies if I'm preaching to the choir here, this is just something close to my heart.

ETA, Example; If I were to take a litre of water, and add a cup of pure ethanol, have I made a fine vodka? Am I scamming folk by claiming it is and selling it as such?

This is where I stand on the issue.

edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldenBrain71

Can you PM me where you get your product from I am looking to purchase asap.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have an aging service dog... she is retired, but her age is catching up to her. We consulted our vet about CBD for the dog, and she said to give it a try. It has worked wonders. There are no real side effects (she can get a bit groggy for an hour so... ), but the pain relief that she gets is tremendous.

She gets no THC (bad for puppy dogs), just pure CBD. The results have been quite remarkable.

This is so interesting, madmac. Can you tell me how you administer it to your dog. Is it in drops or applied to the skin? I have a dog with arthritis and would like to give it a try.
edit on 15-8-2018 by pointessa because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

It may be that she used too much. CBD, or rather all cannabis is the type of drug that cancels some of its own effectiveness the more you use. Ever heard the term “smoke yourself sober?”

If I use 3 drops at night I sleep like a baby but if I use more than that I get a little restless. Pain is the same thing, the more I use the less effective it is, so less is best with CBD.

And, yes, everyone is different and not all CBD Oil is created the same. If you want to see what I take compared to what she took, I get mine here... www.cbdbiocare.com/bbernier

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: madmac5150
We have an aging service dog... she is retired, but her age is catching up to her. We consulted our vet about CBD for the dog, and she said to give it a try. It has worked wonders. There are no real side effects (she can get a bit groggy for an hour so... ), but the pain relief that she gets is tremendous.

She gets no THC (bad for puppy dogs), just pure CBD. The results have been quite remarkable.

This is so interesting, madmac. Can you tell me how you administer it to your dog. Is it in drops or applied to the skin? I have a dog with arthritis and would like to give it a try.

I’m not sure how madmac does it but I just drop a couple of drops on our wood floor and my doggy just laps it up. It’s especially useful around the 4th of July to calm my dogs anxiety.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

The dogs eat it. I never tried giving it to my dog straight like Mac. I fed it to him in a peanut butter sandwich -- well, half a sandwich. Just a few drops on the bread before I closed it up and gave it to him. He hated taking anything, but really liked peanut butter, so that's why I chose to give it to him that way.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Sorry everyone. I accidentally created this post when replying to comments in another thread.

Since the mods seem to be letting the thread stay up, I'd just brush that off as a happy accident... It's good information to know, and you have some different folks in this thread, so the more the better, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think you’re right so I’ll add some info that I’ve learned since starting this journey.

originally posted by: Boadicea

Sorry everyone. I accidentally created this post when replying to comments in another thread.

Since the mods seem to be letting the thread stay up, I'd just brush that off as a happy accident... It's good information to know, and you have some different folks in this thread, so the more the better, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Since this thread has been deemed worthy to live a little longer I’ll share some info that I’ve learned about CBD.

Not all CBD is created equal and there are two species of plants that it’s extracted from.

Species 1 - Hemp - contains 20%+ CBD and is a extract with all the cannabinoids except for THC, which means it doesn’t get you high. This is the oil I use.

Species 2 - Marijuana- contains 10% CBD and up to 20%+ THC and will get you high.

Hemp is legal in all 50 states because it has low to no THC. As long as it’s grown in an FDA approved facility that is. I get mine from Kentucky sourced legal hemp. The farm works with the university and agriculture programs as well as with the USDA so they are legit and domestic as far as my location.

I use a 750 mg version of full spectrum hemp CBD oil at 3-5 drops under the tongue in the morning and 3-5 under the tongue a couple of hours before bed. It works so well to reduce inflammation. It’s by far the safest and best pain reliever I’ve ever taken. I have less anxiety and sleep better too. Basically I just feel healthier all around.

I believe this is because I’m nourishing my underfed endocannabinoid system. Until the last century humans had a 10,000 plus year relationship with cannabis by eating it and isn’t it as medicine and clothing, paper...etc. it’s even in the Bible as a holy anointing oil called Kanna-Bosom or something like that.

If you want to check out the oil and pain Balm I use then PM me and I’ll direct you to my source.
edit on 15-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sorry boss, but your numbers are way off and far too simplistic.

There are so many different strains and hybrids out there that cannabinoid ratios vary widely, and genetics aside, can be affected by other factors such as feeding regime and overall growing conditions.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here is an article discussing cannabinoid dificiency and related health issues.

PubMed

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There are hundreds of strains within each class but basically this plant is being weeded 😂 out into two categories.

Marijuana is now the legal term for the drug cultivar medicinal plant that gets you high. Within that group are indicas, sativas and ruderalas.

Hemp is the term for the industrial version of the plant which I just learned recently had also indica, sativa and ruderalas within its branches...😂😂😂puns intended.

For simplicity it’s just easier to use hemp and marijuana when discussing CBD.

It’s really confusing because although Hemp derived CBD is legal in all 50 states the Marijuana derived CBD is not legal without prescription in a few states and not legal in at least one. So, if purchasing CBD, make sure it’s legal in your state to use the Marijuana version or better yet go with the hemp version and you’re good to go with no drug testing worries. Unless they test for CBD but that would be pointless I would think since it’s not an intoxicant.

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Sorry boss, but your numbers are way off and far too simplistic.

There are so many different strains and hybrids out there that cannabinoid ratios vary widely, and genetics aside, can be affected by other factors such as feeding regime and overall growing conditions.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Where can you buy this stuff? I've been trying to find some for my dog as well as myself.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

Where can you buy this stuff? I've been trying to find some for my dog as well as myself.

I’ll message you.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

edit on 15-8-2018 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Now you're the one preaching to the choir, yet you're singing from the wrong hymn sheet, lol.

I'm not a US citizen, so I'm unsure of the legal definition at the federal level and from state to state and province to province, but if your government is using 'marijuana' as the 'legal term' for cannabis, you have a problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So, how do you define the difference between industrial hemp and the drug cultivar?

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Now you're the one preaching to the choir, yet you're singing from the wrong hymn sheet, lol.

I'm not a US citizen, so I'm unsure of the legal definition at the federal level and from state to state and province to province, but if your government is using 'marijuana' as the 'legal term' for cannabis, you have a problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I concur... "marihuana" is a U.S. government issued word. And I spelled it that way because it gives it that Hispanic sounding name, huh? Who would be so devious?

I'd bet it is the same group that owns the patent on it.

CANNABIS

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

But those sturdy bags made out of "Canvas".... Yes, Virginia, some tool started using the word "Canvas" because She/He forgot 'Cannabis'...

So, what made the CANVAS bags so strong?...

HEMP. See also: Industrial Hemp

Wait until 'They' figure out that ALL the cars on the road can be made to run on Hemp Oil.

See: Harry Anslinger

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So, after dinner, I took a moment to look at the US legal definition, and it does appear to be legally defined as marijuana and not cannabis.

This is what I found;

The following is an example of a state law dealing with marijuana:

"Marijuana" defined

Sec. 19. "Marijuana" means any part of the plant genus Cannabis whether growing or not [...]

'Marijuana Law and Legal Definition'

It clearly states that the term marijuana references cannabis, so please allow me to cite a couple of sources and briefly elaborate on that problem that I mentioned;

Prior to 1910, “marijuana” didn’t exist as a word in American culture. Rather, “cannabis” was used, most often in reference to medicines and remedies for common household ailments. In the early 1900s, what have now become pharmaceutical giants—Bristol-Meyer’s Squib and Eli Lilly—used to include cannabis and cannabis extracts in their medicines.

[...]Between the years of 1910 and 1920, over 890,000 Mexicans legally immigrated into the United States seeking refuge from the wreckage of civil war. Though cannabis had been a part of U.S. history since the country’s beginnings, the idea of smoking the plant recreationally was not as common as other forms of consumption.

[...During the 1930's] the Great Depression had just hit the United States, and Americans were searching for someone to blame. Due to the influx of immigrants [..] and the rise of suggestive jazz music, many white Americans began to treat cannabis (and, arguably, the Blacks and Mexican immigrants who consumed it) as a foreign substance used to corrupt the minds and bodies of low-class individuals.

In the time just before the federal criminalization of the plant, 29 states independently banned the herb that came to be known as “marijuana.”

It would not be an overstatement to say that Harry Anslinger was one of the primary individuals responsible for creating the stigma surrounding cannabis.

[...]A very outspoken man, Anslinger used the recent development of the movie theater to spread messages that racialized the plant for white audiences. In one documented incident, Anslinger testified before Congress, explaining:

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind… Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage.”

The Origin of the Word 'Marijuana'

Some further reading: The Racist Origins of Cannabis Prohibition

An antique medicinal cannabis bottle from Indianapolis, before the term marijuana was adopted to help fuel an agenda;

I can't respond to all of your comments as we've likely already gone way off topic, but in a nutshell, cannabis is the correct and scientific name for the genus cannabis, of the genus cannabaceae.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join