It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

301 ‘Predator Priests’ Named In Pa. Grand Jury Sex Abuse Report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Time to rename ’Church of Holy Trinity’ to ’Havvan Awesome Threesome’ ...
edit on 15-8-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset
What is it with the Catholic church and its rampant abuse of children?
Not a rhetorical question, why does this organization have so many of its clergy involved in these horrific crimes and their cover up?

Maybe the unnatural rule that priests have to be celibate ..... and beyond

sinning. It has always been assumed that children had 'vivid immaginations'

and were not beyond telling 'fibs', where as a priest..... a man of God would

never do such things.

To me its almost like its a sanctioned, secret order within the church that exists to corrupt the innocent, and if so to what malevolent ends it serves are a question that definitely needs an answer.

As the catholic church doesn't recognise homosexuality what better place

than the church to unquestionably hide in plain sight ?

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, a text which contains dogmas and teachings of the Church, names “homosexual acts” as “intrinsically immoral and contrary to the natural law,” and names “homosexual tendencies” as “objectively disordered.” While the Catholic Church does not consider “homosexual orientation” sinful in and of itself, it does have a very negative attitude toward it. The 1986 Letter states, “Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil; and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder.”

The fact that Catholicism does not consider the “inclination” sinful is very different from more fundamentalist Christian churches. It is one of the reasons that the Catholic Church has not officially approved of reparative therapy. The Catechism further states that “Homosexual persons are called to chastity.” However, the doctrine also specifies that, “Such persons must be accepted with respect and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.”

Thankfully it seems that this evil is being brought into the light, the people of many countries have said enough and demanded action from their authorities.

I would have liked to say 'Thank God' except that its in his name it is

all happening...... ironic?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
What I don't understand, is how practicing Catholics can continue to support the church as it is currently constructed.

Brainwashing..... and the absurd notion they are beyond being 'normal humans'

unable to sin..... and that children dont/didnt have an equal voice till recently.

There was an old adage which went *Children should be seen and not heard*!!

I understand you can't condemn everyone of a group for the actions of an individual. This goes way beyond the assaulting individuals though. There is obviously a widespread conspiracy to cover up horrible crimes against children, being part of any religious organization should not shield anyone involved from prosecution, and imprisonment.

But they can be blamed for covering up cant they?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

put the guilty in jail after they have been horse whipped,

No mercy for any perverted pedophile priests!

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
No joke, one of the priests named is my neighbor

Obviously he should be entitled to a fair trial before judgement is cast

But it looks pretty bad

Time to visit your neighbor to borrow a cup of aluminum-bat-to-the-throat

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Is it time for real life boondock saints? If so many people are willing to conceal this maybe its time someone let's their God sort them out.

I say that in jest mostly, I rarely call for things like that, but this is just atrocious crimes that have been overlooked for too long.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

My question is , how could anyone support the Catholic church in any way knowing that this corrupt organization not only allows pedophilia, it protects those that practice it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

My question is , how could anyone support the Catholic church in any way knowing that this corrupt organization not only allows pedophilia, it protects those that practice it.

Same reason this has gone on so widely and for so long.

Once people are taught things are done a certain way per "the word of God", it's hard to restructure it.

I think many instances of prolific abuse over people come from corrupted high power people in religion. It's one of the hardest barriers IMO for people to cross for justice, for in their minds, they could be interfering with their own salvation.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You are right. The indoctrination that going against the church could cost you your eternal life is a mighty influence. However, if one applied a little logic and common sense they might see that indirectly condoning pedophilia might exact a greater spiritual cost. Also, how could anyone believe that a benevolent creator would condone or support a sick religion like this? One that is so steeped in materialism, secrecy, control, and of course protecting pedophiles. Who wants to go to the heaven of a god that supported this?

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

You are right. The indoctrination that going against the church could cost you your eternal life is a mighty influence. However, if one applied a little logic and common sense they might see that indirectly condoning pedophilia might exact a greater spiritual cost.

From my experience being raised religious, one is to accept what is taught to them, not think for themselves (I am in no way saying that is how it is taught everywhere, just my experience, so I'm sure it exists all around in all religion).

Also, how could anyone believe that a benevolent creator would condone or support a sick religion like this? One that is so steeped in materialism, secrecy, control, and of course protecting pedophiles. Who wants to go to the heaven of a god that supported this?

You could frame that in many different ways. One could argue how could it be an all loving God when much of the world is in despair? People usually follow that with "everything happens for a reason" or, "there is purpose in everything", and my favorite "it's a test of faith".

The same is true for extremist Islam, where even western born and raised young men are brain washed into killing civilians and often times themselves for "God and holy war".

Religion is the most extreme example of ideology over self/logic. You see it with some people when they put party over principle.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't believe your statements and others really reflect the way the average Catholic churchgoer feels about all of this. They aren't brainwashed into thinking this is somehow OK, they are disgusted by the whole thing. It's been going on so long, they are more determined than outraged at this point. They were deceived by their authorities to the point where many no longer believe the priests about this subject and welcome investigations like this one as the only way to clean up the church. Most Catholics want to see these priests go to jail.

The main problem with this current report is that it deals with offenses so far in the past that, once again, little can be done about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

I agree.
These people should take back their church.
I want to know why no prosecutor has the stones to Rico these bastards.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Interesting to see all the "offended" and "disrespected" yell here about cakes and restrooms, but when real crimes are committed,against children no less, not many seem to give a crap.

Flat earth, and fake moonlanding conspiracies, but a real conspiracy......
Crickets....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join