It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parliament incident: Armed police surround driver after vehicle 'hits several pedestrians'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

A "Terrorism Act cordon" has been put up around the scene in Westminster, central London, after armed police dragged the driver out of the silver Ford at gunpoint A driver has been arrested after a car crashed into pedestrians and ploughed into security barriers outside Parliament at the height of the morning commute.

The Met Police confirmed a number of pedestrians had been injured in the incident which has put the Palace of Westminster and the surrounding area on lockdown.

Armed police pulled the male driver out of the silver Ford at gunpoint on a slip road into Parliament, and a "Terrorism Act cordon" was put up.

Terrified eyewitnesses told how it appeared the car was deliberately driven into the barriers, and they ran away fearing it

Parliament incident: Armed police surround driver after vehicle 'hits several pedestrians'

still breaking so not much details yet other then a few people hit before a car decided to try to ram parlement in the UK but the signs are pointing to an intentional attack with implications its terror related ,but this could change as more info comes out

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk... seems they arrested the driver so they got them alive

A driver has been arrested after a car crashed into pedestrians and ploughed into security barriers outside Parliament at the height of the morning commute. The Met Police confirmed a number of pedestrians had been injured in the incident which has put the Palace of Westminster and the surrounding area on lockdown. Armed police pulled the male driver out of the car at gunpoint. In the chaotic aftermath, a police officer was reportedly heard saying that the vehicle may have hit pedestrians or cyclists before smashing into the pedestrian barriers.

more links www.latimes.com...

www.cnn.com...

Eyewitness Ewelina U. Ochab told CNN: "I was walking on the other side of the pavement from where the incident occurred. I heard some noise, and someone screamed. I turned around and I saw a silver car driving from the crossing -- very fast and close to the railings, maybe even on the pavement."
apparently driver was male but almost no other info about them has been released it seems they plan to give more news once they have more info

www.youtube.com... video of police response

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Possibly suspect has some sort of mental disturbance, or it was an accident.

I say this because it happened at 7:37am, not quite peak hour.

Thoughts are with those injured.

Witness on ABC News Australia claims car was speeding before hand and appeared to be a direct smash.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

There is a picture of the driver on Daily Mail. I cant put the link in for some reason but it is on the main page...

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

www.dailymail.co.uk... this link? it appears to show a dark skinned man in a poofy jacket

Witnesses said officers initially stood back and said it seemed as if they were concerned that the car may have contained a bomb. Witness Jason Williams told ITV's Good Morning Britain that the incident was 'very, very scary', adding that he was feeling 'very anxious'. He said: 'Basically I've seen a man driving a vehicle, and he's gone into one of the bollards. There was a loud bang. 'Straight away I thought 'Oh no, this is another terrorist attack'. So I've just started to run and the police were saying 'get out, get out of the area'.
and

'I was very surprised (the police didn't go in straight away). They seemed to be standing back. They were obviously a bit wary, like what's going to happen next? 'I don't know if it was a tip-off, a warning, that this was a bomb. There seems to be maybe about 200 police here now, and it's all happened very quickly in the space of half an hour.' Police have cordoned off Millbank and Victoria Tower Gardens. Armed police, ambulances and firefighters were all on the scene.
guess we will have to wait for the update from Scotland yard but it seems the barriers did the job they were designed to do and stopped the vehicle ,and on plus side it seems that those injured do not have life threatening injuries
edit on 14-8-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Yeah, thanks for the link, I couldn't paste it in not sure why.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9 site seems to be a bit glitchy the last few days from posts ive seen from other members, i had to click the post new topic button a few times before it would let me post my op and have been having a weird glitch where i cant star some posts with out reloading the page once or twice

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

The driver is a really black, black dude. Is it possible he thought that area was a parking spot and raced to get it before it was taken, could be a new uber driver. Don't know what black has to do with anything, just pointing it out for those who didn't follow link cause takes forever to load dailymail with it reloading 50 frigging times!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Police treating it as terorism, not an accident and multiple witnesses have stated the car was driven deliberately. So I guess that's that until the cops release more info.

Doing that anywhere, but especially close to all the armed cops round Parliament, the fella is lucky not to have contracted chronic lead poisoning

Sky News

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

keep my fingers crossed that it was a terrorattack by an muslim - so, we can spread some more hate.

and there is another hot story: the next james bond could be a black guy. they want to destroy the white race!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

keep my fingers crossed that it was a terrorattack by an muslim - so, we can spread some more hate.

and there is another hot story: the next james bond could be a black guy. they want to destroy the white race!

Wouldn't it be the terrorists that are spreading hate?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

Either get drunk or post on ATS, not both, fella.

What the hell has Idris Elba got to do with this?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
oloufo, don't post again, please... everyone is losing braincells now.

edit on 14-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

keep my fingers crossed that it was a terrorattack by an muslim -

My first guess is that it will be some lone nut job 'inspired' by IS or any one of the plethora of Islamic extremist groups.

I think safety precautions around Westminster have improved significantly since previous terrorist attacks or this could have been much, much worse.

so, we can spread some more hate.

Seems to me its the terrorists and those that 'inspire' them that are spreading the hate.
I sometimes think there'll come a point when it will be reciprocated in kind, and then......

and there is another hot story: the next james bond could be a black guy.

So what?
Idris Elba seems like a cool sort of guy; pretty regular upbringing, sense of humour, doesn't take himself too seriously, appreciates what he has, blah blah blah.

they want to destroy the white race!

Racist bigots like you give them good reason!

What on earth has any of that got to do with the thread topic?
Please take the time to enlighten us otherwise it can only be explained by racism....ATS is no place for racists!

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

spreading fear and hate is terrorism - so, breitbart and all this racist propaganda bs is terrorism too (and the islamic-terrorists are happy about that becauce it helps to divide societys). whats funny, nowadays there is less terror as it was in the 70s and 80s but since we have the internet, the paraonia grows.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

no, because i dont care about these idiots. i dont hate anyone, i'm not frightened when my muslim colleage is asking for help, my russian exgirlfriend is still one of my best friends, my skincolor is irrelevant, most of all i'm a human being and calling me racist is funny because you are the first one calling me this. must tell my stepdad from india. greets from munich, still no civilwar down here.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

There is no "white race" you moron just the Human race. LoL

Calling/hoping for this to be a terror attack by Muslims equates to nothing more than religious intolerant stupidity.

And Idris Elba will make a great Bond.

edit on 14-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wanna bet he has been on a terrorist watch list for years, travelled to Syria and other terrorist # holes countless times and been been displaying the ISIS flag and spouting terrorist views?

UK is far too soft on terrorism.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Well the UK just like a few other nations do have a hand in the creation of these terrorists by way of our actions abroad, that's just simple fact.

And waving an ISIS flag in public will indeed get you the gaol or at the very least on a government list, should your identity be established.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Nothing in your post to suggest anything like cynicism, so we have to take your words literally.

If they aren't meant to be interpreted literally you should at least give some sort of indication and you shouldn't be surprised when you get called out!

Your post made you look like a twat....I don't think I'm the only one that thought that!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join