It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-appointed judge upholds special counsel Mueller's authority

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yep the link is not working!

Here we are:

edition.cnn.com...

www.politico.com...

Buds to those who suffered from those broken links.... I apologize for the pain you've all endured.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Yep the link is not working!

Here we are:

edition.cnn.com...

www.politico.com...

Buds to those who suffered from those broken links.... I apologize for the pain you've all endured.

Looks like she also added some direction and placed any blame for any wrongdoing solely on Sessions and Rosenstein.....more so Rosenstein. She basically told the DOJ how they can get rid of Mueller....lol!!!

Though Friedrich upheld Mueller's probe, she did offer a significant nod to his critics: that no laws "explicitly authorize" Mueller's appointment. Rather, she concluded that Watergate-era Supreme Court precedent -- as well as Howell's recent ruling -- found that the Justice Department had the authority. They concluded this "without analyzing specifically how any individual provision combination of provisions accomplished this," Friedrich wrote.

Concord's lawyers had argued that Mueller's appointment was flawed at multiple levels -- and at its core was unconstitutional. Mueller was appointed last year by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. But Mueller's power is so vast, Concord contended, that he should have been subject to presidential nomination and Senate confirmation, rather than treated as an "inferior" officer who may be appointed and supervised by the attorney general. Though Mueller, in theory, reports to Rosenstein, Concord contended that Justice Department regulations prevent Rosenstein from overturning many of Mueller's decisions, giving him an authority that should only be permitted for individuals appointed by the president.

Friedrich agreed that the regulations governing Mueller's probe are ambiguous enough to grant him some sweeping authority, but she found one fatal flaw in the argument: Justice Department leaders may rescind the special counsel regulations at any time. If Attorney General Jeff Sessions or Rosenstein decide to exert more control over Mueller, they can simply rewrite the rules, she noted.

"As a result, the special counsel is effectively removable at will," Friedrich write.

Though Friedrich, the first Trump-appointed judge to consider the matter, ultimately supported Mueller's validity, she left a trail of legal breadcrumbs suggesting she had doubts about some of the special counsel team's arguments. Friedrich found that existing laws "'do not explicitly authorize' the [Rosenstein] to appoint the Special Counsel, rejecting arguments by Mueller's team that several statutes backed up his appointment.

From your second source.....

It appears to me that she is explaining to them that they can and should rewrite the laws on appointing a special counsel...

Seems this was a backfire on the Impeach Trump witch hunt folks....nothing will be found on Trump AND they can rewrite the law so this doesn't happen again.
edit on 8/13/18 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The problem is that the purpose of the investigation was so broad that it could literally continue forever if someone doesn't force its end at some point.

So, when you say, "... let the investigation proceed and finish," what would be a proper end point for you?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I can't give you a flag🏁 up top so here's one. Half my functions on this site are not operable. Sorry.
Just know you have one more than your flag count says from here on out.

I've said from the beginning that they should just let the investigation proceed at its own pace and conclude when everything that can be learned has been learned.

Just resize your screen then you can reach the button.

It is hard to know if it is constitutional if we do not have access to the original mandate.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

Bull he doesn't want it done. He wants it gone. Two entirely different things.

You go ahead and make your plans for laughing at me.

His presidency is a complete failure to me regardless of any outcome.

im laughing right now at you waiting for your reasoning other than being a liberal

now please if i may ask you to present to me one of those alleged failures if you dont mind regardless of your nonsense reasoning
edit on 13 8 2018 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Didn't QAnon say Mueller was really working to protect Trump or something? Any Qthiasts here care to step in and put your fellow ATSers at ease?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Didn't QAnon say Mueller was really working to protect Trump or something? Any Qthiasts here care to step in and put your fellow ATSers at ease?

when ? shouldn't you've been working on it and the like of you ? can you source it ?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Lmfao, is this your response post to Vasa Croe's post about the Mueller being willfully removed of need be? 🤣🤣

That deflated hiss is so comical lol

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Seems to me like the judge just made a legal argument for why Rosenstein can end the investigation any time he pleases.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

At ease for what? Your own source gave the judges own words that actually laid out everything for you. Just because you choose to only read that the judge upheld the appointment doesn't do anything for your argument.

The fact that the judge said they could stop this at any time they want to is enough to show you they want it to continue....it is nice and distracting for all left wingers....

What the judge said about them having the ability to stop it and rewrite the rules SHOULD tell you everything but I'll interpret that for everyone that doesn't understand.....there would be no legal ramifications if they fired Mueller at any time because they write the rules

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Seems to me like the judge just made a legal argument for why Rosenstein can end the investigation any time he pleases.

That is exactly what she did.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Instead of our Government fixing actual problems they are making them where none existed.

You mean like calling an investigation into millions and millions of people voting illegally, causing Trump to lose the popular vote? Which otherwise he obviously would have won? heh.

..And this is just funny. Trump saying today that he only hired Omarosa because "she said great things about me".
and "she made me feel good".

How do you feel about those tax dollars going to person only to stroke a grown man's ego?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Instead of our Government fixing actual problems they are making them where none existed.

You mean like calling an investigation into millions and millions of people voting illegally, causing Trump to lose the popular vote? Which otherwise he obviously would have won? heh.

..And this is just funny. Trump saying today that he only hired Omarosa because "she said great things about me".

How do you feel about those tax dollars going to person only to stroke a grown man's ego?

Really?!?

Go derail another thread. None of what you just spewed has anything to do with The topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh yes. That seems to be the working theory. It only appears he's doing a "Russia Investigation". He's actually working in secret with Trump to drain the swamp of all the vile people and democrats!

It's like, 10-D Chess or something, don'tchaknow.

(Sorry to Q posters, I actually do appreciate y'all's research abilities)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

Really?!?

Go derail another thread. None of what you just spewed has anything to do with The topic at hand.

It does now.

And why not? There's comments about a waste of money with the Mueller investigation, and I was pointing out other ways that money is being wasted.

Ahhhh. the truth hurts,
edit on 8/13/2018 by angeldoll because: the truth hurts

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Got a link to this investigation into millions of people paid for by federal tax dollars?

Hey...who cares why he hired her right? I mean he is a racist, awful person and she said she knew it before she went to work for him. Yet she defended him AND worked for him on more than one occasion. Suddenly she gets fired and decides he isn't cool anymore....LOL! Yes...very credible person to take at their word.../sarcasm.

She is the epitome of knee jerk and leftism mentality, even though I guess she isn't a liberal since she worked for the GOP.....not sure since she seems to flip flop whenever she can make some money.

Show me the link to those tax dollars again?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Oh yes. That seems to be the working theory. It only appears he's doing a "Russia Investigation". He's actually working in secret with Trump to drain the swamp of all the vile people and democrats!

So far Mueller has accomplished exactly nothing. Please feel free to show me what he has done that has anything to do with our current administration and current happenings.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Its just a ridiculous deflection, trying to change the topic of discussion.

edit on 13-8-2018 by Chickensalad because: don't feed the bridge dwellers

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Got a link to this investigation into millions of people paid for by federal tax dollars?

Hey...who cares why he hired her right? I mean he is a racist, awful person and she said she knew it before she went to work for him. Yet she defended him AND worked for him on more than one occasion. Suddenly she gets fired and decides he isn't cool anymore....LOL! Yes...very credible person to take at their word.../sarcasm.

She is the epitome of knee jerk and leftism mentality, even though I guess she isn't a liberal since she worked for the GOP.....not sure since she seems to flip flop whenever she can make some money.

Show me the link to those tax dollars again?

Please show me where I said that investigation cost millions and million of dollars?
Please show me where I defended Omarosa.
Please show me.

You seem to be either deliberately creating a strawman, which I don't typically respond to, or you've misread my post.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So far Mueller has accomplished exactly nothing. Please feel free to show me what he has done that has anything to do with our current administration and current happenings.

Are you experiencing the Mandella Effect, or are you unaware of the plea deals and indictments?

This is getting ridiculous Vasa Croe, with you are attacking me over things I did not say, is reaching the threshold of absurdity. Calm down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join