It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Million Year Old Hammer? Found in Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is not a new youtube.com video but an interesting one. There are various theories presented within the video that serve as food for thought if nothing else.

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: manta78

Its caused by concreation minerals dissolve in water and resolidfies in another area. There is a cave i think it was in france where people hang objects and watch them turn to stone. They had bycicles dolls etc. all where encapsulated in stone. This process is not new and has been known for centuries

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My kind of thread
It is called an OOPART
Out of Place Artefact
OOPARTS

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I was taught as a child that humans have had cycles... we build ourselves up then kill ourselves off. Or mother nature does it for us.

If my fading memory serves me correctly, we are on the 5th of 7 cycles.

Of course, my adopted tribe also thinks that we are not from earth and someday will get to return back to where we came from.

Silly Indians... what do we know?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I was taught as a child that humans have had cycles... we build ourselves up then kill ourselves off. Or mother nature does it for us.

Of course, my adopted tribe also thinks that we are not from earth and someday will get to return back to where we came from.

Hopi? They have some very interesting beliefs. Yelp, time to go down a YouTube Rabbit hole on Hopi beliefs.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I like hearing some of the stories the Indian elders talk about. Some of that stuff has been passed on for thousands of years, each generation verbally teaching the next and making sure it is correct.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Sounds good but being species we can't last that long before we are something else. If modern humans are about 200k old we start to reach a point that humans are no longer human.

We also share DNA with all life on our planet, that basically means life on earth is related back about 600 million years, we are of earth just as a blade of grass is.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Or simply and more obviously that the technology for dating rocks is just so pathetic and inaccurate that crap like this comes up far to often

They still date rocks by the fossils found in them and fossils by the rocks they find them in, stupid science

p2alm.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Or simply and more obviously that the technology for dating rocks is just so pathetic and inaccurate that crap like this comes up far to often

They still date rocks by the fossils found in them and fossils by the rocks they find them in, stupid science

p2alm.com...

No, they don't. And the reason for this to happen has been explained above.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Why do YouTube commentators speak so sloooooowly?

Interesting that if they tested the wood and / or metal head they would find they were not 400 million years old. But, it's on YouTube so it must be true, eh?

Anyway, this may be of interested, as alluded to by a previous poster...

Petrifying well
and on Wiki

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Mother Shipton's Cave England. Used to be owned by the best magician in the world, Paul Daniels.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Mother shiptons cave and the calcification of objects is a lot different from the above artifact. They are more like limescale covered objects. In mother shiptons. I was just there last week again , been going since I was 8

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

Yeah they do

It's crazy to say they don't

www.nature.com...

There is so much evidence theynstill do it's embarrassing to have to show you the information

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DARKJEDIG
is a lot different from the above artifact.

Any idea of the stone / material that this hammer is set within, then?

The video blabbers on about a meteorite with "... an extremely rare and bizarre chemical composition and exceptional morphology" as being the stone. I think there's more plausible explanations, including a hoax with a hammer set in cement, either purposefully, or not.

So, has anyone tested he stone, the wood or the metal head for age to demonstrate the 400 million year old claim?

EDIT TO ADD -

It has been stated that carbon dating "showed inconclusive dates ranging from the present to 700 years ago.

Wiki source, but there's alot out there if you look
edit on 13/8/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
To be honest straight away it kinda looks fake/forged to me.
The area around the right hand end of the hammer head looks like its carved out to shape leaving quite a gap? Too much separation between the rock and the hammer. Not to mention the wood would have tuned to stone long ago.
Would not have been hard to do either.
The rock could easily have been carved out to shape beforehand, the metal hammerhead fitted first then the wooden handle pushed through the stone hole and inserted into the head.
I really dig OOPARTS and the like but I don't think this is one of them.
edit on 13-8-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: manta78
This is not a new youtube.com video but an interesting one. There are various theories presented within the video that serve as food for thought if nothing else.

old story...as stated...visit OOOPARTS

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Question, so in the American Indian culture you live in what is said about what humans (man) really is? What's are part in this world? Like you said your adopted tribe thinks we come from another place, but why did we leave and what's our purpose?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Mistakes in time travelling.. location gone wrong, maybe there is a man inside other stone
!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thor!

I told you a thousand times and more you mustn`t leave your stuff lying around everywhere.

Then you don´t find things back again and "400 millions years" later people scratch their heads because of your toys.

edit on 13 8 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join