It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TCD2018 What I Do Best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
*Author Note: I am aware this one is a bit provocative. It does not necessarily reflect my views of LEOs.

I was just doing my job. I got a wife at home, three kids, a dog. Every morning, Karen kisses me goodbye, the kids give me hugs, the dog licks my hand, and they all make me promise to get home safe. So, I do. For them. I didn’t buy myself a gun. I didn’t train myself to use it. I didn’t pay myself to fire it. You did. All of you. It is all your fault. I felt threatened! I was in fear for my life! And you put this pressure on me! I never asked for this…
But that old man? Yeah, he was asking for it. You never point a loaded weapon at a cop. No excuses. Once you do that, we have no choice. We have to get home safe, after all. We promised.
My lawyers say that I have qualified immunity. And besides, selling raw milk is a crime! I swear, these criminals bring it on themselves. So what, grandpa got a double tap to his pacemaker? He should have known that milk can kill people. Besides, I told him to drop it. It isn’t my fault that his hearing aid wasn’t on. He was about to throw that jar of raw milk at me, I swear. It was like a moolotov cocktail!
I did what I had to do. After the charges are dropped, Karen will kiss me, the kids will hug me, and the dog will lick my hand. And I will go back to work, doing what I do best.

THE END

ETA Non-Writer
edit on 11-8-2018 by MisterMcKill because: Non-Writer

edit on 11-8-2018 by MisterMcKill because: THE END

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterMcKill

Bravo, a real different take on the topic and well drafted.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
ha, very clever and very tragic. a good story, a good read, i like it

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Twisted take, and you asked if mine was non-fiction. . .

Well done!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It was provocative, I liked it, short and snappy confessional.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well done S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Its a tough job but somebody's gotta moo it..... I couldn't help myself...

Brief, but enjoyable.

new topics

top topics

join