It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fire Retardant Dumbing us Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'm sure he doesnt care about your hopes considering you're dead wrong

Get over it. You don't know what you're talking about and the facts clearly point out your inability to oarse the data and even the most basic of concepts

Game. Set. Match. Youre burnt

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A buddy of mine has a very nice cabin

lol

you must secretly hate him and wish for him to get cancer.

would you cover your own bed in chemicals and then thank your self for doing it?

i am bumfuzzled that you are not concerned for the long term effects for your friend.

seriously for a moment drop all our back and forth and give some concern for anyone who stays in an area bombed by chemicals. i know you must have love for him so SAVE HIM.

game set match with your friends long term health on the line..........you are smarter than that man come on.

i could care less if you win an argument with me but for the love of goodness warn your friend. seriously

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Dude...do you live in California?

Or is it Oregon?

Seriously though, I assume you have even stronger feelings about bug spray, right? Why are not crusading about bug spray? Insecticide is 10,000 times more toxic than fire retardant, and people smear that stuff all over themselves in huge quantities! In fact, there are a million things in daily use which are far more toxic than fire retardant.

I trust you do know the same ingredients in bug spray are used to make military grade nerve agents, right? Now there's something you might actually want to worry about!

You make it sound like the use of fire retardant is like getting an I.V. of pure Agent Orange and eating a bowl of Plutonium or something! Jeezus!

I've given you the reasons why fire retardant is preferred (by professionals) over water. Additionally, I've provided you with the proper methods for fire retardant usage along with strategies on fire management (i.e. fire fighting) as well as information on fire mechanics. You can choose to accept these facts, or you can bury your head in some real toxic waste and ignore them. Your choice.

Why are you not crusading for more controlled burns to eliminate the need for fire retardant in the first place? You want to stop its use? Try doing something productive about it! But instead of doing this you just pound away on the keyboard spouting a bunch of stuff which isn't true, or that you have no idea about. Or, is it that you just enjoy seeing a bunch of other people's property and belongings be destroyed? What is your point?

ETA - Incidentally, I really would be interested in hearing your answer to why there aren't more controlled burns to eliminate fuels from dead-fall and promote new growth.
edit on 8/13/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Seriously though, I assume you have even stronger feelings about bug spray, right? Why are not crusading about bug spray?

You are deflecting.

Just for you i will consider a thread on bug spray next but how about we focus on the toxicity of prosperous that is likely discarded in making explosives and touted as fire retardant.

That is how big business works and i am very much believing in the theory that this stuff was waste from something so they found a "use" for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Name one ingredient in fire retardant (phos-chek) which is used in explosives!

Just one.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Fire retardants used in firefighting can be toxic to fish and wildlife as well as firefighters by releasing dioxins and furans when halogenated fire retardants are burned during fires, and drops within 300 feet of bodies of water are generally prohibited unless lives or property are directly threatened. Fire retardant - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

I ask with all due respect for any non believers to simply admit that it is harmful to us and the eco system.

There are viable alternatives that are non toxic or at least much less non toxic that what we are using.

Here is one here...

Bentonite Toxicity. Bentonite is a ground naturally occurring clay. It is inorganic, non-toxic, non-irritating. It is not considered hazardous on skin contact (it is employed in cosmetics and skin products as a suspender). Bentonite Toxicity (hazard) - Digitalfire digitalfire.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Name one ingredient in fire retardant (phos-chek) which is used in explosives!

Just one.

You are again misunderstanding much and very much proving my point.

I submit that what is being used in foscheck phoscheck is what is being rejected for use in explosives.

In other words since it has no use as an explosive they discard it and figured out how to make a buck by poisoning us and our eco system and they use ignorant masses to gaurd their secret by use of pride and an insatiable need to be correct even in the face of a slow kill.

Someone with clay in their name should know better.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Get over it. You don't know what you're talking about and the facts clearly point out your inability to oarse the data and even the most basic of concepts

so says the poster that came here making stuff while having fingers in his ears singin la la la all day long.

you are welcome to join the conversation with real facts instead of divisiveness at any point of your choosing.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

so says the poster that came here making stuff while having fingers in his ears singin la la la all day long.

you are welcome to join the conversation with real facts instead of divisiveness at any point of your choosing.

I did and flyingclay disk confirmed my facts as well

The only person w fingers in their ears is you.

You're either trolling or hopelessly dense to the point of disability

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh look! I was correct again.

The phosphorus is made by an explosives company.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is sickening on sooo many levels.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

LMAO !

You rock Sailor Jerry

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yes i am trolling for the truth that foscheck is a bi product of making explosives and is only being used to make a profit and make us sick along with the eco system.

edit on 13-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

LMAO !

You rock Sailor Jerry

yes you are correct he has a very hard head.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It must be really really...I mean REALLY important for some to be right no matter what the circumstances are. I've noticed this strange behavior across the spectrum of the many personas of this member.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It must be really really...I mean REALLY important for some to be right no matter what the circumstances are. I've noticed this strange behavior across the spectrum of the many personas of this member.

Yea how about you post on topic.

I am interested in your take on the poison featured in the op instead of your fanboy club rants.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I am interested in your take on the poison featured in the op instead of your fanboy club rants.

Its not toxic

End of, time to create another thread

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Its not toxic

End of, time to create another thread

It has gotton the best of you.

It would serve you well to read my post on the subject but since i have learned you are being effected i will just for you post the fact again.

Fire retardants used in firefighting can be toxic to fish and wildlife as well as firefighters by releasing dioxins and furans when halogenated fire retardants are burned during fires, and drops within 300 feet of bodies of water are generally prohibited unless lives or property are directly threatened. Fire retardant - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

you just got served

edit on 13-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Using Brawndo on forest fires might just solve all of our problems.

After all it's got what plants crave.

This is soo much similar it is scary.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What's a "gotton"?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What's a "gotton"?

Also try again

a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency label as “practically non-toxic,” the red-chemical mixture is mostly harmless to humans and wild mammals, according to documents obtained from several agencies. Some may experience minor, temporary symptoms, documents say.

“During the many years of the evaluated chemicals’ use in fire fighting, reports of adverse health effects have been limited to skin and eye irritation and potential allergic reactions,” concluded a study released by the U.S. Forest Service in 2007.

Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector Gustavo Medina said the department has never had anyone sent to the hospital after exposure to Phos-Chek or other fire retardants.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join