It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I may run for a senate seat in the coming years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I wish you well if you make it. One word of advice though...........get a good tin foil hat to wear in DC or you might end up like them.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't know your posts, so rather than laugh at you I'll give you some actual advice.

1. If you're aiming for the Presidency, don't go for Congress. The needs of the Legislative and Executive are very different, most Presidents do not make use of time in Congress. The executive branch is leaders, legislative branch is law makers.

2. Congressional seats needs to be picked very strategically, your win in the general is easy... it's mostly all about how you do in the primary. 95% of races are not competitive in the general.

3. If you want to be President or in a cabinet either shoot for being a Governor or a state secretary for some executive experience.

4. Politics are won and lost on candidates narratives, figure out how you're going to present yours. Voters like a story.

5. Have a plan in place, it may not happen but the risk certainly exists for everything you have ever written or put online on any website to be found and used against you. All data relating to you is potential scandals or compromising information. It's best to act with this information in mind for years/decades if you're serious, but if not.. figure out how you're going to handle it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Not a true OK man if you dis those crazy kids from Tulsa.

You're having us all on.

I’m a Norman bred Okie.....not one of those Tulsa kids. Different breed you could say.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hear that you may want to contact vlad if you are serious...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I do appreciate giving actual advice since that is I was hoping to get from the get go. Though I did get some good chuckles from some of the responses.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok, so I looked into Oklahoma's Senators. Your earliest opportunity to run would be to attempt to primary James Lankford in 2021.

en.wikipedia.org...

He aligns far right, and is pretty much already that constitutionalist you say you're going to run as.

So, how exactly do you plan to win?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Not going to give you grief.

Good for you and good luck!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You can amass millions of supporters without ever leaving the house. Just make yourself valuable, like Q does.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Oh Snap! Can I donate now? Sounds like you are a shoe in!

BTW, Do you have a large charitable fund I can send my money to? You see, I have this uncle in Nigeria who died last week and has $50 billion US. I need a charitable fund to send the money to. Kindly text me your bank details.

AHH well as much as I would like to have your money my campaign will accept zero donations. If I am able to get a seat on zero donation that running for POTUS will become that much easier. It is all about future planning.

Can't pull a Bernie and refuse to refund donations.

It will be easy to say that in lieu of donations you take money from special interests.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I will be running as a Republican though I am a Democrat. I can play the part well and believe a young face is what is needed considering everything that is going on.

Be yourself and dont hide your positions by trying to cloak yourself as a Republican.

I think the American people have hit their limits of politicians saying anything just to get elected.

My political observation -
Why do Democrats, who think their ideas are right and claim the majority of Americans support them, have to lie / mislead / omit in order to get elected?

Do you not see the issue here? Have Democrats not thought that maybe their policies are why they are having political issues?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Be yourself and dont hide your positions by trying to cloak yourself as a Republican.

That's a good way to lose. The person he would be challenging got 66% of the vote in the general. A Democrat in Okalahoma, regardless of the policies they run under simply isn't going to be competitive. You either run as a Republican there and win the primary, or you lose.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

That's a good way to lose. The person he would be challenging got 66% of the vote in the general. A Democrat in Okalahoma, regardless of the policies they run under simply isn't going to be competitive. You either run as a Republican there and win the primary, or you lose.

Right.. so lie to the electorate to get elected... and people wonder why politicians lie all the time. Apparently its acceptable if it means to beat an opponent for the should purpose of power instead of representing the voters.

and Democrats and left wing media wonder why they arent trusted.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Right.. so lie to the electorate to get elected...

You can't create change without getting elected.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Great plan. Learn a bunch of wrestling jargon then. In fact watch a bunch of WWE. It's the current POTUS secret to success.

I'm sick of people thinking WWE is all redneck. I am from Milwaukee and now live in the south. Black folks watch it a lot out here in the south. People watch it in Britain. Japan. Mexico. Hell, even Saudi Arabia. It is not stuck in the south like it once was like NASCAR still pretty much is. WWE spans many countries and all "races" and currently or has had every "race" employed in some fasion. So take your generalizations of things elsewhere.
edit on 13/8/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/8/2018 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Right.. so lie to the electorate to get elected...

You can't create change without getting elected.

You also cant create change by lying to the electorate to get elected only to turn on them once in office.

If politicians cant get elected based on the actual positions they hold then they should think about moving to a district where they can get elected with those views.

Lying to the electorate doesnt create change.. It creates disdain for our political system and parties and people stop trusting in it.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Its not everyone.. Just a large chunk of people on the left who think being a Democrat / Liberal somehow makes them better than everyone else. We have seen this time and again so its nothing new. If they want to think that let em... While they bitch and whine normal people will continue getting elected.

As a side note Peter Strzok was fired by the FBI today so one more arrogant elite ass down the drain.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is that what you call those ####-me pumps? "Grief"? Ok then, but you should still give him your pair of "Griefs", they'd look fabulous with his leggings. Who'd be able to turn down a guy in leggings and heels these days?

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Is that what you call those ####-me pumps? "Grief"? Ok then, but you should still give him your pair of "Griefs", they'd look fabulous with his leggings. Who'd be able to turn down a guy in leggings and heels these days?

Keep that up and I'll post a picture of me in yoga pants.

Swear, Im gonna do it!

DON'T PUSH ME!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

DON'T PUSH ME!!!

If someone tried to push you they'd get a hernia.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why not? The electorate is incapable of holding nuanced positions on anything. They can't be trusted to govern.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join