It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This An Impact Crater In Canada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, I was skipping around in a site called Radio Garden, which allows you to listen to radio stations all over the world in real time. I was tuning some stations in eastern Canada, and noticed at the top of the map, Hudson Bay. Yeah, I've looked at maps of Hudson Bay lots of times, but THIS TIME, I noticed as if for the first time, the huge constant-radius arc in the side of the bay to the northeast of James Bay.

Is that the rim of an impact crater? I don't know if this has been brought up on ATS before...

Take a look on Bing or Google maps and see what you think.
edit on 10-8-2018 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• edit on 10-8-2018 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:25 AM
    link   
    craterexplorer.ca...

It’s cerainly been investigated as such but no conclusive answers

Bob

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:48 AM
    link   
    a reply to: DrBobH

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:14 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Lazarus Short

I remember reading about this they suspected it was a meteor impact in fact maybe the largest to ever hit the earth. At the time of the impact, they suspect it would have had a 2-mile ice sheet covering it making a huge crater. What we see remaining is the very bottom of this crater that could actually have been a thousand miles across. when the ice melted we were left with the damage caused to the to the land under the ice.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:56 AM
    link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
    a reply to: Lazarus Short

I remember reading about this they suspected it was a meteor impact in fact maybe the largest to ever hit the earth. At the time of the impact, they suspect it would have had a 2-mile ice sheet covering it making a huge crater. What we see remaining is the very bottom of this crater that could actually have been a thousand miles across. when the ice melted we were left with the damage caused to the to the land under the ice.
    Wow !!! That's crazy !!!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:57 AM
    link   
    Yes....tis reportedly....good eye mate

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:09 AM
    link   
    Could it have been formed during the Younger Dryas impact event? Seems like a big coincidence that it would be in the same area.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:20 AM
    link   

originally posted by: DrBobH
    craterexplorer.ca...

It’s cerainly been investigated as such but no conclusive answers

Bob

Yes, it seems by reading your article that there are no indications, such as shocked quartz, mineral laminations, etc. that there was an impact there.

www.christianforums.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:29 AM
    link   

originally posted by: oriondc
    Could it have been formed during the Younger Dryas impact event? Seems like a big coincidence that it would be in the same area.

Probably not. The Younger Dryas event is thought to have had several different impacts caused by a comet or asteroid breaking up in the atmosphere and causing several impacts on the North American ice and even as far away as the Middle East. Most of the "impacts" were absorbed by the ice, so no craters to speak of, but the kinetic energy released was enough to melt the ice and cause some dandy floods and other destruction.

top topics

join