It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's second sphinx FOUND: Ancient statue discovered during ROAD WORKS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Engineers came to a halt after stumbling upon the a large statue, which they described as having a "lion's body with a human head".

They soon realised they retrieved the world's second Egyptian sphinx, which originated as far as 2500 BC during the reign of the Pharoah Kafre in Egypt.

Mohamed Abel Aziz, the Director General of Antiquities, said the structure has yet to be removed from the ground, and remains embedded in soil until it can be properly excavated.

Stuff like this really interests me .. hope you guys enjoy it too.

LINK

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

One researcher had a theory that there were two sphinx, since the Ancient Egyptians always arranged them in pairs:

www.ancient-code.com...

Here's what the original Sphinx would have looked like. This one was recovered in the desert in California. Not because the Egyptians were there, but because it was the ancient set of The Ten Commandments, and the film director had everything buried underneath the sand to stop any other director from reusing the props.

qz.com...

edit on 9-8-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Thanks for this post! Will be checking for updates on this one!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH
LINK

The link talks about Giza but other reports are saying it's near Karnak and Luxor.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LINK

The link talks about Giza but other reports are saying it's near Karnak and Luxor.

Something sphinx!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So it will be a while before there is any more info not going to just yank it out. It looks like these are common in the area and not the second pyramid sphinx?

www.egypttoday.com...

CAIRO – 9 August 2018: A sphinx was found during the development of Al-Kabbash Road project, declared General Director of Luxor Antiquities Mohamed Abdel Aziz on Sunday.
Abdel Aziz remarked that the ministry is currently working on lifting the statue because due to the nature of the environment it is in, it cannot be extracted directly from its place. He added that Minister of Antiquities Khaled al-Anani has urged tourists to visit Al-Kabbash road to see the statue.
In the same context, Bassam al-Shamma, a researcher in Egyptology, remarked that the Sphinx’s discovery is expected as several sphinx statues are found across Luxor such as the sphinx statues for King Aymanhotb III and Thutmose IV.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

One researcher had a theory that there were two sphinx, since the Ancient Egyptians always arranged them in pairs:

www.ancient-code.com...

Here's what the original Sphinx would have looked like. This one was recovered in the desert in California. Not because the Egyptians were there, but because it was the ancient set of The Ten Commandments, and the film director had everything buried underneath the sand to stop any other director from reusing the props.

qz.com...

That was last year, this is new.

First pictures
www.worldpronews.com...

The buried Sphinx, which is barely visible in this image is waiting to be adequately excavated and restored. Image Credit: Youm

edit on 9-8-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Looks more like a statue.

Maybe that is just the way it is pictured.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I used to love going to Egypt. Used to go twice a year before all the sillyness started over there (even got shot at on a train from Luxor to Cairo Exciting!!!) The price for flight and accommodation used to be about £300 a week with cigarettes being just 25p a packet!! it was all win win!

Will say this, to walk through the temples in Karnak in the south and the valley of the kings and queens to the pyramids and temples in the North it is a complete mish mash of different eras even some of the temples have been modified by different pharaohs to suit their own taste and then re modified by future kings. not just from Egypt but from Greece and Italy. You see Sphinx all over the Nile area. Even between Luxor Temple and Karnak there is an avenue of them literally hundreds so it really wouldn't surprise me if this is simply a statue.

What you do notice about the original sphinx in Giza is it's not part of the original rock formation it is clearly an add on a really beautiful creation whoever did it but lets just say it's odd and totally out of place in that desert landscape.

In all this I can only say is those sands of Egypt have many many mysteries that are slowly being unpicked but think it will be many many years before we even have the slightest knowledge of these ancient amazing people who were capable of such amazing things for their time.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I used to view many of those monuments using the Oculus app for smartphones. They provided 360 degree views of inside temples and the pyramids. It was amazing to see that every surface was decorated with hieroglyphics and paintings.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

www.ancient-code.com...

qz.com...

First pictures
www.worldpronews.com...

The buried Sphinx, which is barely visible in this image is waiting to be adequately excavated and restored. Image Credit: Youm

As the article says (and as others have said) it's in Luxor, which is hundreds of miles south of Cairo.

Finding another sphinx is not unusual. There are thousands of them in Egypt.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

www.ancient-code.com...

qz.com...

First pictures
www.worldpronews.com...

As the article says (and as others have said) it's in Luxor, which is hundreds of miles south of Cairo.

Finding another sphinx is not unusual. There are thousands of them in Egypt.

Yep as common as crickets

www.tripadvisor.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

You should do the real thing although I remember being in a tomb at Deir-el-Medina and my bf looked above my head to see this white spider thing about an inch from my head just hanging there it was massive! I honestly screamed like a girl and ran out!! haha. Seriously though to go to the valley of the kings and look at art that seems to of been painted yesterday or go to Cairo and see the pyramids is simple a life experience (Pyramids oddly look very 2D when you are up close)

Things have pretty much calmed down over there now with only a handful of people being shot lol but its so cheap to go!!! I guess you are in the USA but from the UK it's still less than $400 for a week in may if you do a late deal. Even the sights are stupidly cheap to visit less than $5

Seeing things online is one thing but upclose with the sights and smells is another world... if you get the chance.. GO!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Imagine if whole of Egypts sand dunes could be seen through up to depth of 1000 yards. Everything there.....woooah.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

A sphinx is a statue.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Engineers came to a halt after stumbling upon the a large statue, which they described as having a "lion's body with a human head".

They soon realised they retrieved the world's second Egyptian sphinx, which originated as far as 2500 BC during the reign of the Pharoah Kafre in Egypt.

Mohamed Abel Aziz, the Director General of Antiquities, said the structure has yet to be removed from the ground, and remains embedded in soil until it can be properly excavated.

Stuff like this really interests me .. hope you guys enjoy it too.

LINK

It wouldn't be wise to invest your interest in what's in that link.
Blatant lies makeup most of the article.

In late 2017, historians believed the Great Sphinx of Giza was an entrance to a secret underground city, which was concealed by Egyptian authorities.

Historians don't believe this.

Archaeologists also believe the sphinx sits on top of a complex network of tunnels with passages which leads to a massive underground metropolis.

Archaeologists don't believe this.

Historian Gerry Cannon
Not an historian - a fringe writer.

previously told Express.co.uk: “It was as if every living Egyptologist had lost interest in this wonderful underground metropolis, for all their articles during the ensuing years are centred more on tombs of queens and shafts that had been sunk deep into the ground to burial tombs.”

“Nobody knows what’s under there, no one has been able to investigate.

“They’re frightened that if they find stuff under there, it’s going to blow all their books and all their history out of the window.

“They started to investigate it but then they stopped. So they must have known there’s stuff there but they’re worried.

“Once it’s proven that all their history is wrong, all their books they’ve written will be thrown out. If they’ve found stuff, they daren’t show it.

Been investigated multiple times.

“There are entrances, there are photographs that show it. There’s this hole in the top of the Sphinx, on its head.

“Why should it be there? It goes down about 8-10 feet and then it goes off into passages.

Hole there to hold some sort of headpiece - enlarged by treasure-hunting archaeologists who stated so at the time. No passages. People have taken pictures of themselves standing in this hole (which has since been refilled.)

“They’ve never taken cameras down there - or they have and they don’t want to show it.”

Watched a documentary - filmed with a camera - concerning the so-called "Tomb of Osiris" in the only known tunnel on the Giza plateau.

Probably best not to put to much credence into someone that would lie like that, nor in any article quoting the liar.
Gerry Cannon is the one who claimed in one of his worthless books that there was a second sphinx at Giza. He gloms onto this sphinx because there is none at Giza and tries to act like it was what he was talking about.

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ChristianParr

I would recommend taking the train up to Aswan, sight see there and go out to Abu Simbul and then do a felucca cruise down to Luxor.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Historian Gerry Cannon
Not an historian - a fringe writer.

Harte

Howdy Harte

Ah yes Gerry Cannon

My favor quote from him:

I’ve done some research and there’s a direct line from the pyramids to a submerged continent with a sea mount and on the sea mount there are two pinnacles that look like pyramids.

It’s possible, and I don’t say 100 per cent, that it’s Atlantis - when Atlantis sunk they went to another place, probably Egypt and they had the technology to build those pyramids. There’s no one else that could have done it, we don’t have the technology.

Nobody knows who was there 12,000 years ago. The three smaller pyramids at Giza probably were built by the Eygptians as they could be built by man but it’s impossible that the three bigger ones were, simply from the size of them - they’ve got 2,250,000 blocks in them and each block weighs about 250 tonnes, we couldn’t even move it with all the equipment we have today so it had to have been done by a civilisation that was more advanced than any of us.

Maybe we should have contest and see who can find all the lies and misrepresentations in that. Talk about chronic astonishment....

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 10/8/18 by Hanslune because: corrected link

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I knew as soon as I read that bit about underground entrances and complex networks of tunnels that the writer left the realm of reality.

The sad thing is the idea of a second sphinx is just plausible enough.

Any information piece that starts off on the premise that a group of professionals is actively covering something up is bunk. Too many of that on here with some of the fascinating things that are being discovered.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: howtonhawky

A sphinx is a statue.

Thanks for the clarification.

It had me soooo puzzled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join