It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Boldly Go......in the name of Trump's Space Force

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
$10 for the first person to ride in a Trump brand rocket.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

reason.com/blog/2018/07/20/neil-degrasse-tyson-we-need-a-space-forc/amp

I don't consider myself a Tysonite(?) by any stretch, but for a guy with so much respect and cred, I'd think his endorsement might go a long way.
Its kind of what I thought of when I first heard about it, so it makes sense to me at least.

Edit: trouble posting link if anyone cares to fix, I'm not very adept at this yet.

edit on 20Thu, 09 Aug 2018 20:41:04 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoThursdayb20188America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm a bit late to this conversation...and haven't seen it brought up. (Maybe a better member than myself will do a whole thread)
But if we are announcing a formal Space Force, chances are we are already established up there as a military presence. Think about it, we hitch rides from other countries to the ISS, billions if not trillions "missing" over the decades from the Pentagon. But we are just up and gonna have a weaponized NASA. Give me a break. Think of this as a soft opening on a whole bunch of weird shizz coming up....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The implications for the Private sector are tremendous and the educational possibilities stellar! This has every chance of bringing together a type one civilization of Earth-based humanity reaching for the stars as one.

Our Children and Grandchildren are ready for this step, can you imagine applying for off-planet colleges?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Piggy315

There is no money missing from the Pentagon though. People always misunderstand that.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You're saying there aren't billions of dollars unaccounted from the Pentagon bills?

That's the first time I hear that.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Piggy315

There is no money missing from the Pentagon though. People always misunderstand that.

Well that is nice to know !! I guess we can condemn all the threads about the missing billions and trillions (I seem to remember 21 trillion at last account) to the hoax bin.. I fell better already.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No, because that comes down to the misunderstanding. It's not missing, it's unaccounted for. There's a big difference between the two. They can't balance their checkbook, but they know the money was spent and where it was spent.

According to those threads they lost their entire budget for the last 34 years. Get real.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

No I'm saying it IS unaccounted for. There's a difference between that an missing. The claim is that somehow $21T went missing and was spent on other things. That's over 34 years of entire military budgets. The reality is that they know where it was spent and when, they just can't balance the books because no one has ever figured out its easier to have a couple accounting programs instead of over 200.

I know some is missing, but $21T? Get real.
edit on 8/10/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Past past time for this to occur, I hope we don't weaponize and then try to intimidate other nations with our tech.

But something like this was an opportunity missed in the past, all those young minds (after the moon landing) looking to the stars dreaming of going into space and then we slipped the space program into neutral.

It is time to reignite the imagination of millions of children, and on the more practical side as mentioned multiple times if we don't take the high ground someone else will.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I always liked that line from Independence day,

ETA: it was spent, but due to the black book nature of some stuff they cant say exactly what it was spent on... or least that's my wild arsed guess.
edit on 10-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's part of it. The bigger part is that we have 8,000 program offices on any given day, that use 800 different accounting programs, of which 790 don't communicate with the accounting program that's used by the overseeing office that has to balance the budget for the service. And none of their programs talk to the one used by the DoD.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I think its just semantics. If we don’t know where they spent, then it can be either unnacounted or missing (from the reports).

At the end of the day it doesn’t really make much a difference. To assume this money weren’t spent in black projects is having lots of faith in our government

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

There's no way it was all spent on black projects, and that's not having faith. Again, the amount claimed to be missing is 34 years of the entire DoD budget. So unless they spent all their budget, and then got another duplicate budget of the same amount, the money was largely spent where it was supposed to be spent.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think its just semantics. If we don’t know where they spent, then it can be either unnacounted or missing (from the reports).

At the end of the day it doesn’t really make much a difference. To assume this money weren’t spent in black projects is having lots of faith in our government

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

OK sure since no matter what I say you're just going to repeat that. Sure, they magically managed to double their budget and we have space ships flying around the solar system and bases on Mars. Why not.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Saw this, thought it was funny and wanted to share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It's cool what president Trump is doing, because he's basically making public, all the stuff that previous administration kept kind of secret. The Space Force he talks about was actually started under Reagan and modernized under Obama, in what was then known as PGS (Prompt Global strike) orbital weapons. In any case such orbital weapons were already available under the Reagan administration. Obviously their capabilities and accuracy were inferior during the 80s

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join