It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel approach to coherent control of a three-level quantum system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Researchers led by Professor Patrick Maletinsky and PhD candidate Arne Barfuss from the Swiss Nanoscience Institute at the University of Basel report in Nature Physics a new method to control the spins' quantum behavior through a mechanical system

I cant say that I fully understand the eigenstates of electron spin!

But what I do understand is that this experimental approach to controlling these states means that science has found a way to make nanoscale sensing tools. This is a huge step forward in the march towards nanomachine technology!

The nano machines will come , will they grey goo us or will they save our planet and our species! Time will tell

What I thought is amazing is that they have invented a nanoscale mechanical device to control quantum states of electrons!
MIND BLOWN!
this is really paving the way for those nanocomputers and nano machines

check it out at science daily !
coherent control of a three-level quantum system

It's amazing that they have used the oscillations of a diamond cantilever .

I remember reading that they had also managed to make a nanoscale radio transmitter from an oscillating nano structure
which can receive and transmit radio signals.

Nanoscale radio
edit on 9-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Control of the quantum states of electrons in this manner might make it somewhat more viable to store information/data via the quantum bit(qubit).

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I was thinking that if these eignenstates can be controlled surely that allows them to write code using those states?
Up = 1 , down = 0 or something like this ?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

With cubits its anything between 1-0 through.

Can't really program or apply boolean logic to quantum computer systems in the same manner as there digital predecessors.

Input and output must always correspond uniquely to one another. Particularly the number of input and output qubits have to be equal.

I find it rather hard to get my head around at the best of times. LoL

new topics

top topics

join