It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected drunk driver tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
people are really slow if they dismiss or dont understand white privilage. I wonder why so many other white people get it. Even proud racist and bigots acknowledge it

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
First of all, she was fu*ked up drunk. I for one, will never believe what she said. She Most possibly said it to get out of trouble, that'll be a lesson she leant the hard way. I have been drunk more times than she had. And I've sad the wildest crap just to talk my way out to getting hauled to county. Back in 1996, I claimed I worked for the NSA, they called it in and got the go ahead to transport a government official without confirmation from the real NSA, though they did take my brand new BMW 3 Series to the impound. The hell with that, got my car back in less than 5 hours. Long story short, this ain't about white privelage, it's about not going to county...!!
edit on 10-8-2018 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think she'd be quite attractive made up for a night out, so she probably should have got away with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

WHITE PEOPLE RULE ! ...............

But For How Long ?......................Hmm ....I See a Conspiracy here............

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
people are really slow if they dismiss or dont understand white privilage. I wonder why so many other white people get it. Even proud racist and bigots acknowledge it

Yeah, well I'm a blue eyed blonde haired male... Basically as "white as they come, and I can assure you I've never been given the courtesy of this "white privilege" BS that people are always talking about.

In fact, I think I could write a book on all the times I've been harassed and even full blown assaulted by the police for literally no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time... Honestly, I think this "white privilege" nonsense is just a form of propaganda to scapegoat the truth of the real issue, which is that western society is not immune from the inequality issues that other less developed societies suffer from, despite what we're made to believe.

We have a class issue, not a race issue.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

There is a term “White Trash”, not saying you are but they don’t seem to receive “white privilege” by cops either.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

There is a term “White Trash”,

Don't be rude!

The appropriate term is 'proud white trash'....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I got pulled over once for speeding in a bad neighborhood and told the cop, "My mom told me people get shot here". He let me go and told me that more people get shot in the city a few block up the road and let me go.
For the record...I was young and definitely up to no good...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Yeah, well I'm a blue eyed blonde haired male... Basically as "white as they come, and I can assure you I've never been given the courtesy of this "white privilege" BS that people are always talking about. 

How do you know, as compared to others not as "white" as they come, but some of you guys are funny in your denials, Shia had much the same attitude.

He goes on to accuse the cops of being racist because "a black man arrested me for being white."

TMZ broke the story, Shia was arrested for public drunkenness, disorderly conduct and obstruction and was out of control when he was arrested and taken to the station for booking.

When he was in the police car en route to the slammer, he told a black officer he was out of line for arresting a white man who simply asked for a cigarette.

www.tmz.com...

Some yrs a go a white kid, questioned his sentence, because he is??.. wait for it...."White"..

Again for the thousandth time "white privilege" doesn't mean your ass is immune from being in trouble or from being broke or terrible things can't happen to you, it means all things being equal positive assumptions works in your favour.
edit on 11-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Oh here is the story of that kid

I’m a 16-year-old blond,” [Judge M. William] Boller read to Schumaker in a now-viral video. “Probably all I have to do is cry, and they’re going to feel sorry for me,” Schumaker told [his mother,] referring to the jury.” At the sentencing hearing, 
medium.com...@clsesq/dylan-schumaker-reasonable-lenity-or-white-privilege-9e127d3734fa

BTW another Dylan??...

.And ooh he eventually got that sentencing reduced

We agree with defendant, however, that the sentence imposed is unduly harsh and severe in light of defendant’s youth and lack of parental guidance, his lack of prior criminal convictions, and his mental health issues. Thus, we modify the judgment by reducing the sentence, as a matter of discretion in the interest of justice (see CPL 470.156), to an indeterminate term of incarceration of 18 years to life.

edit on 11-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

what i think many hav missed is this shows how colleges program their students. She was told in her college there was white privilege. She was taught all police officers know about it and she figured she would use it to get out of trouble. Here what this tells me colleges need to stick to education and stay out of social issues because they in no way reflect reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with "white privilege" at all. It's just a drunk person trying to get out of a ticket. Go ask a cop how many times people have said "i'm this or that" to try and get out of a ticket.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
It has nothing to do with "white privilege" at all. It's just a drunk person trying to get out of a ticket. Go ask a cop how many times people have said "i'm this or that" to try and get out of a ticket.

It doesn't matter if it works or not, drunk or not it is the expectation that it could work, and this attitude of privilege runs deep in American social history.
Origin of the phrase "free, white, and twenty-one"?
english.stackexchange.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

It doesn't matter if it works or not, drunk or not it is the expectation that it could work, and this attitude of privilege runs deep in American social history.

It may have at one time, but to pretend that it's still prevalent and the norm for white people in America is about as silly as what the subject of this thread claims.

The idea of "white privilege," while I'm sure it's extant in a very small minority of white people, should be shelved along with one's beliefs in unicorns and leprechauns. Instead, there is a certain segment of society--mostly politically aligned and extremist in their views--who are trying to perpetuated this stupidity on the American people. When doing so, they cause the simple-minded to nestle under their wing, and you get people like in the OP.

Origin of the phrase "free, white, and twenty-one"?
english.stackexchange.com...

I have never heard that phrase in my life, that I know of. Are you pretending that it's a common cliché now? I read the comments about it, and "Old Pro" at the bottom of the comment list has a pretty good rundown about it, and how it basically has been a ghost of a phrase in American culture for over half of a century.

I'm not dismissing our sad history in regards to treatment of minorities and women in the past, but there's no need to continue suckling at the teat of antiquated phrases to try and pretend that they're relevant today.

Again, there is no real expectation that this person's racist stupidity should or would work in modern society--maybe by and elitist, entitlement-mentality few, but not in probably 99% of white people in America today.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I totally get it

I once shot 3 black men in the street, had a cop light my joint, and slapped a hooker all in front of half the PD

they let me off w a warning and drove me home

Was all that white privalage I bought the day before

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
@ SlapMonkey, again, it's the expectation or assumption of positive bias towards white folks, all else being equal ,and it does not only affects "White" ppl , it's not exactly like being racist, although in the extreme it can lead to it. I have given examples of such, in a similar thread about, a young woman who demand that she and her group move in front of a black executive , simply because she determined that being black, he could not be a 1st class ticket holder or he was bumped into 1st class, but certainty didn't pay for it.

This also manifest itself into assumptions about black folks not belonging on certain campuses, neighborhoods, stores, cars, swimming pools, etc..proof of belonging for them, is necessary ,again all else being equal.

@ Sailor Jerry that used be a thing not so long ago.
Look! you guys are bending over backwards to deny the undeniable, because to recognize it ,mean you may have to do something about it.
edit on 15-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join