It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicles at Groom Lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was looking at a very detailed photo of Operations Building 299 at Groom Lake. Here is the link....

www.fas.org...

I was interested to read that there were "210 vehicles parked outside the operations building".

This is my question. Do you think that these vehicles are government and contractor cars for use while at Groom Lake? Or do you think there are some private vehicles of the Groom Lake employees there? Or is it a blend. It's a black and white photo. Some of the cars with similar colors appeared to be grouped in certain areas. Others are random.

I know that Groom Lake employees mostly get to work via bus or Janet Airlines. But is it possible for a Groom Lake employee to just drive to work? It seems unlikely to me and a huge security hassle that wouldn't be worth it.

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this subject....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Likely its a combination of both

You are correct employees do get flown in on J.A.N.E.T Airlines. Many are also driven in on bus and others drive their own cars. I have seen footage of all three happening. I cant tell you the percents but they do all three.

I would imagine people that fly in or come on bus have vehicles supplied for them when on base since its so huge I doubt they walk.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I would imagine people that fly in or come on bus have vehicles supplied for them when on base since its so huge I doubt they walk.

I think your right that there may be a pool of vehicles avalible for people to use as the base is too big and way too hot for long distance treking.

Also, think of it from a security standpoint. The Russians have spy satelites. If a big project is going on, more cars in the lot may be a tip off that there is increased activity. However, the same numbers of cars does not give that away.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Thats a good point about the spy satelites I didnt really thinkk of that. I know thanks to places like Norad they always know when they are overhead so I doubt theres much chance of them seeing some top secret plane. But their could be information learned about the bases operations from more mundane things.

I always wondered if they ever messed with the Russians heads thanks to knowing when a Russian bird was overhead. If I was them I would make a painted Plywood mother ship UFO and park it outside and let them take pictures of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ive got some high res pictures of area 51, and i got to say, i would not like to walk from one end to the other on a hot day!!

As for the staellites, is there not even a remote chance that China, or Russia, have birds up there that are not listed? or maybe are stated for one purpose, and used for another?

Pure speculation i know, but if yu look at some of the Rusian tech, are we so sure that they do not have a high flying fast mover for recon duties??

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Anyone ever think that the cars are decoys (some of them) and are moved around by base personal simply to keep people trying to account for the staff numbers at the base off.

Also you would associate a group of cars near a paticular building and think that you should watch that group of buildings, meanwhile the real activity is happening else where on the base.

Its all matter of preception and deception.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would think its highly unlikely that we wouldnt see a bird up their because norad can see objects 6 inches across and less. Could some weather satelites really be a spy satelites that is indeed very possible IMHO.

There might also be so many up there that pulling a plane back in everytime one is overhead might not be very practical. This might be the very reason why most test are done at night.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I agree with the general consensus! The vehicles are for the workers at the base. I forgot exactly how big the base is, but I know it covers several miles. Also, the base dose have some residents, we know that because sattelite photos have shown housing units at the base. This means there are people who live there adleast temporarly. These people need some way to get around. Also, as we know, there are security patrols at the base. Think about the Cammo Dudes that patrole the base and the surronding hills. We know they have 4X4's and Jeeps. Where do you think they park the vehicles went they aren't driving them? On the base of course.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think the vehicles that you see are from workers on the base. I think they are a blend with some of the cars being personal vehicles for some of the employees there. I'm sure there are employees there that just drive to work, without taking a small airplane or coming in on a bus.

new topics

top topics

join